Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

That's normal for usage. No smartphone will go two days being used. I always charged my phones at night and wake up next day with full battery and repeat again that night.

I'd be ok if I had to charge it at night, but I need to charge it during the day at the moment. I wouldn't get past 7 or 8 o'clock if I didnt

• Administrators Posts: 53,543 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have a look at what apps are using it up?

I get through a day with mine usually no problem. Heavy usage days might bring me down to 20% by the end of the day but it's incredibly rare I'd ever be under 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

I'd be ok if I had to charge it at night, but I need to charge it during the day at the moment. I wouldn't get past 7 or 8 o'clock if I didnt

Have been finding this as well. Since the latest update it is driving me mad. then going to bed I'd have it on charge from maybe 10- 7 am and not even 50% charged on airplane mode. And wud always be charged on normal nite before after a notes charge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I've found facebook and google kill it, disable/uninstall facebook and turn location to low power and it's loads better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

god's toy wrote: »
    I've found facebook and google kill it, disable/uninstall facebook and turn location to low power and it's loads better.

I don't use Facebook but the point is that the battery used to be fantastic, even with heavy usage, full location settings etc. "Use your phone less" or "don't use your phone to its capacity" is not a solution. It used to be fine, now it's not and it's not just a few people or a few rogue settings and apps, although some apps can exacerbate the problems.

Either they've used a batch of dodgy batteries where performance tails off very quickly, or something in the OS is draining it much quicker than it used to.

• Advertisement

Everybody keeps raving about Exodus....I'm on stock at the moment but if I were to flash Exodus would I lose the ability to install ota updates? Not sure how that works with the OPO. For example I rooted my Nexus 7 tablet and it was a nightmare to update afterwards because of TWRP.

Update on odd problem of the the wrong mic being activated on in cell calls:

So after a week of resetting, flashing and rooting I am convinced its both a hardware (modem) and software (android lollipop) problem. I have been speaking with Oneplus support all week and they suggested I was flashing it wrong... hmm, I said OK, you try it! and they did!

So last night at 10 pm one of the tech support logged into my PC and rommed my phone for me. Not surprised to say he was also unable to get the mic working within cell calls.

The oneplus staff have been very helpful in all of this but I think its time for a replacement handset now.
    So the next step is I'm waiting on the email saying as much and off she will go.

I'm now thinking of not opening the replacement phone but in fact selling it as new (for less than full price) and getting the Oneplus Two.
    Still love the One and I don't hold Oneplus to blame for any of this as they have been very helpful from the start.. I wish all my tech related support was half as good!

I don't use Facebook but the point is that the battery used to be fantastic, even with heavy usage, full location settings etc. "Use your phone less" or "don't use your phone to its capacity" is not a solution. It used to be fine, now it's not and it's not just a few people or a few rogue settings and apps, although some apps can exacerbate the problems.

Either they've used a batch of dodgy batteries where performance tails off very quickly, or something in the OS is draining it much quicker than it used to.

Have you looked for wakelocks?

Have you looked for wakelocks?

Yes, they've been turned off, especially google play services. Again, however, this is a compromise that you didn't have to do before battery life went to ****, and shouldn't have to with a phone that's working properly.

Yes, they've been turned off, especially google play services. Again, however, this is a compromise that you didn't have to do before battery life went to ****, and shouldn't have to with a phone that's working properly.

OK so I would is: Do fresh format of the the phone and install NO apps, but in fact leave it for a week, AS IS with no apps (apart from the google pre-loaded ones)
    If your still having he same issues then I would be talking with Oneplus about returning the device. Telling them the steps you have taken thus far.

I myself am having problems but I'm not losing the head an/or trash talking Oneplus, but working with them to see just whats going on and how it an be fixed.

(Not suggesting your losing the head you understand, I'm just saying people tend too without trying to work with the support peeps first and mouthoff here and on other forums.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i just got a 1+1, it was about 7 months old.
    on the first day i spent a long time downloading my apps and generally playing around with my new toy.
    the battery lasted 2 days with a 20 min charge on the first night.

donegal. wrote: »
    i just got a 1+1, it was about 7 months old.
    on the first day i spent a long time downloading my apps and generally playing around with my new toy.
    the battery lasted 2 days with a 20 min charge on the first night.

That's what mine used to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i'd delete all the apps you don't use, the ones you keep on your phone 'cause they might come in handy some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Any ideas of days that one plus one put up new stock on the Irish website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Folks,

My one plus one is rebooting 3/4 times most days. Pattern is directly related to wireless as no crashes when overseas on only data.

Any logs or methods so I can check to pinpoint the issue to an app, OS or hardware?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Mine takes over 6 hours to charge...anyone else have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Got my new screen. Anyone that's replaced theirs, is there a decent step by step guide online anywhere? I found one video on YouTube but whatever way the guy has mounted the camera for the video he cuts off half of what he's doing throughout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

moggser wrote: »
    Mine takes over 6 hours to charge...anyone else have this problem

No. Something sounds wrong.

What cable are you using? Is it the original or a long cable (e.g. 2m)?

No. Something sounds wrong.

What cable are you using? Is it the original or a long cable (e.g. 2m)?

Its a regular charger ...never had prob charging other devices just this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Its a regular charger ...never had prob charging other devices just this one

What ampage is the charger, how long is the usb cable? The one that ships is 2.1A (2100mA) and 1meter so that's what will work best.

• Advertisement

Its a 1500 little less than a meter long...even at that shouldn't take 6-8 hours to charge I'll use the original charger with itbsee if makes difference

Its a 1500 little less than a meter long...even at that shouldn't take 6-8 hours to charge I'll use the original charger with itbsee if makes difference

1500mA is no good, too weak

OK I'll try the one that came with it

I'm returning my Oneplus to them, has anyone done this using RMA from Ireland to them?

Have the paperwork ready to go but apart from the cut-out oneplus logo they want me to stick on the box I don't have an address for the DHL guy.

Anyone have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

I'm returning my Oneplus to them, has anyone done this using RMA from Ireland to them?

Have the paperwork ready to go but apart from the cut-out oneplus logo they want me to stick on the box I don't have an address for the DHL guy.

Anyone have an idea?

It took two weeks for dhl to pick up my package. Do your self a favour and go to your local dhl and send it yourself.

padair wrote: »
    It took two weeks for dhl to pick up my package. Do your self a favour and go to your local dhl and send it yourself.

Thanks sounds like a plan but I still need the address to send it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Thanks sounds like a plan but I still need the address to send it too.

DHL will be able to get the address from the account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sorry long time reader of this but just wondering is xposed the best thing to put on this Ron wise? Is it an easy change to make, risk free ish?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Sorry long time reader of this but just wondering is xposed the best thing to put on this Ron wise? Is it an easy change to make, risk free ish?

Xposed isn't a ROM, it's a kernel that opens up lots of customisations, settings and tweaks to save battery. You can install Xposed with Cyanogen or Oxygen.

I'm running the Exodus ROM, with Xposed. Exodus is based on Cyanogen, very stable, very fast and light on battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Xposed isn't a ROM, it's a kernel that opens up lots of customisations, settings and tweaks to save battery. You can install Xposed with Cyanogen or Oxygen.

I'm running the Exodus ROM, with Xposed. Exodus is based on Cyanogen, very stable, very fast and light on battery

I think Exodus was the one I was meant to say. Easy enough to install?

Advertisement