Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Well have to wait and see if it manages to make its way from Italy to Ireland or at least back to oneplus. Customer service is a sham. Fantastic phone but if anything goes wrong hardware wise good luck getting your issue sorted without pulling your hair out.

medic087 wrote: »
    Well have to wait and see if it manages to make its way from Italy to Ireland or at least back to oneplus. Customer service is a sham. Fantastic phone but if anything goes wrong hardware wise good luck getting your issue sorted without pulling your hair out.

Phone has been shipped to Ireland from milan postal centre so fingers crossed it actually gets here !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

After me romming new software, OnePlus themselves romming new software, me making a video of the mic errors and then sending them the phone 20 days ago... they have agreed my mic problems ware/are hardware related! So last night they send me a new order update saying a new device is on the way.

To be sold unopened

While I wait for OP2

god's toy wrote: »
    After me romming new software, OnePlus themselves romming new software, me making a video of the mic errors and then sending them the phone 20 days ago... they have agreed my mic problems ware/are hardware related! So last night they send me a new order update saying a new device is on the way.

To be sold unopened

While I wait for OP2

Damn wish I saw this post before I purchased one. Would have made life a lot easier. Good luck with sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Can someone help me out?
    I changed to three today to make use of the oneplus ones LTE capabilities.
    However the phone signal has an R beside it which denotes its in roaming and because of this i only have 2g. Ive tried everything on the carrier side of things which leads me to believe its something on the phone, can someone help?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Can someone help me out?
    I changed to three today to make use of the oneplus ones LTE capabilities.
    However the phone signal has an R beside it which denotes its in roaming and because of this i only have 2g. Ive tried everything on the carrier side of things which leads me to believe its something on the phone, can someone help?!

I get the same too and it's a pain in the hoop. From what I can gather it's because we're shunted to Vodafone for all 2G masts.

medic087 wrote: »
    Damn wish I saw this post before I purchased one. Would have made life a lot easier. Good luck with sale.

In fairness, I have ordered 5 in total (for other people mind) and this is the only one of them having problems, and it was this time last years production run so one out of five is not bad and i'm sure the design has been tweaked since then.

I dont think i'll have any problems selling and no I wont be asking full price as thats just wrong... I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

In fairness, I have ordered 5 in total (for other people mind) and this is the only one of them having problems, and it was this time last years production run so one out of five is not bad and i'm sure the design has been tweaked since then.

I dont think i'll have any problems selling and no I wont be asking full price as thats just wrong... I think.

Asking price on adverts always seems to be more than 299 even for used ones

Asking price on adverts always seems to be more than 299 even for used ones

That's shocking to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

That's shocking to be honest!

Took a look now they are 280, 330, 350, 375 and 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Shocking prices to ask for 2nd hand items.

I got mine back back in March for €318 delivered.

If I was selling it in the morning, I'd be looking for €200 cash.

I blame Apple anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

My one plus one is rebooting 3/4 times most days. Pattern is directly related to wireless as no crashes when overseas on only data.

Any logs or methods so I can check to pinpoint the issue to an app, OS or hardware?

Thanks

Folks, anyone have any ideas please? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Folks, anyone have any ideas please? thanks

Try a factory reset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Try a factory reset

Was hoping to avoid that. Are there no logs of crashes or anyway to 'catch' a crash?

If I reset, then update OTA and then reinstall my apps would i not likely be in the same boat again. Because installing apps waiting for crashes and then repeat for days isn't too practical.

Was hoping to avoid that. Are there no logs of crashes or anyway to 'catch' a crash?

If I reset, then update OTA and then reinstall my apps would i not likely be in the same boat again. Because installing apps waiting for crashes and then repeat for days isn't too practical.

Reset is usually the quickest and easiest way to fix a glitch like this, you could be hunting for weeks looking for a fix. If you do, don't restore apps, I've seen this bring about the same issues, better to have a clean restore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I would recommend a clean install rather than a factory reset tbh.

I would recommend a clean install rather than a factory reset tbh.

True, he may not wish to get his hands dirty though. If he's going to install anything I'd recommend going the full hog and flashing Exodus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hello,

Got my 64GB OPO yesterday and it came with 4.4.4, I was looking to install lollipop but have not a clue how to do this.
    This is my 1st android phone after 5 years of using iOS so please bare with me, its a steep learning curve!

Is there an "over the air" way to install lollipop? If i go to settings - updates it says there are no updates available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hello,

Got my 64GB OPO yesterday and it came with 4.4.4, I was looking to install lollipop but have not a clue how to do this.
    This is my 1st android phone after 5 years of using iOS so please bare with me, its a steep learning curve!

Is there an "over the air" way to install lollipop? If i go to settings - updates it says there are no updates available?

It will show up at some stage.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    It will show up at some stage.

Thanks for the quick response, i'm on the three network if that makes any difference, any idea how long this will take, weeks? months?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Usually takes a couple of days.
    You can try Settings-About Phone-System Updates and check for updates. Make sure your battery is full.
    I'm running on 5.0.2

Thanks for the quick response, i'm on the three network if that makes any difference, any idea how long this will take, weeks? months?

Its nothing to do with 3 or any network anyway.

Thanks guys, i'll wait a few days and see what happens :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Thanks guys, i'll wait a few days and see what happens :-)

If you don't get it in a few days you may be on a developer version of CM11 XNF9XBS28K (You will find which version you have in Settings-About phone) which was shipped with a lot of recent purchases including mine. You have to contact them and they will send you instructions on what to do to update.

I haven't installed CM12 yet because I heard there is a pretty big decrease in battery life. Would be good to get peoples thoughts on this, does it decrease the battery life much? I'm having 2 days battery life at the moment and loving it.

sully2010 wrote: »
    If you don't get it in a few days you may be on a developer version of CM11 XNF9XBS28K (You will find which version you have in Settings-About phone) which was shipped with a lot of recent purchases including mine. You have to contact them and they will send you instructions on what to do to update.

I haven't installed CM12 yet because I heard there is a pretty big decrease in battery life. Would be good to get peoples thoughts on this, does it decrease the battery life much? I'm having 2 days battery life at the moment and loving it.

Thanks, it looks like i also have this build also: 11.0-XNF9XBS28K, got any contact details? Again, sorry for the n0ob questions!

EDIT: looking online, 12 does seem to have a few issues, i'm happy enough for the moment TBH.

Thanks, it looks like i also have this build also: 11.0-XNF9XBS28K, got any contact details? Again, sorry for the n0ob questions!

EDIT: looking online, 12 does seem to have a few issues, i'm happy enough for the moment TBH.

Yea it could be better to wait for the next update as this build is very smooth and has a lot of battery life. If you want the lollipop experience now go into themes and download LKat, its 1.95 but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

People are saying it's an incredibly stable build, I'd say keep it unless you plan on flashing Exodus when you move to Lollipop.

If you manage to get the update .zip you can side load it from the recovery, which is basically just the manual process of what an OTA update does.

Instructions here:
    http://www.androidbeat.com/2015/04/how-to-sideload-cyanogen-os-12-update-oneplus-one/

Although that version of CM that's on the link above is probably out of date at this stage.

Here's the link for the .zip they sent me if you want it now:)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/oneplussupport/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS17L-bacon-signed.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Currently on CM12 .. From 10 in the morning till 10 in the evening (now) the battery has gone down to 55%.. This is with moderate use .. 3G,music,social networks etc .. Is this good or bad? Just recently got the OPO and not sure what to make of the battery life

• Advertisement

Hey Yall wrote: »
    Currently on CM12 .. From 10 in the morning till 10 in the evening (now) the battery has gone down to 55%.. This is with moderate use .. 3G,music,social networks etc .. Is this good or bad? Just recently got the OPO and not sure what to make of the battery life

Whats your screen on time?

Advertisement