Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

The black is in stock. Just ordered it :) The 1+2 doesn't look so great in comparison so I'm pretty happy with it. I was going to pay 440 for a Sony Z3 earlier in the week but this is the better choice I think.

And it's shipped. Not a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Going to see if I can flog some **** I've been slacking with pushing the last while and get funds for this going. The price for the 64GB model is around what I paid for the Nexus4, and about as much as I'll pay for a phone. Looks a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Hello. I'm having serious battery drainage problems this past few days, Wondering is anyone can point me in a direction on where to look.
    Using GSam, I can see that 83.9% battery has been used since last full charge 5hr 40min ago. 48.7% has been used by Android System, 11.6% by Kernel(Android, 6.9% Android Core Apps, 2.7% playstore and down along.
    Over past while, I've been noticing that Youtube has been using huge percentage of battery even though I may not have used it. Surprisingly, it's not showing up today.
    Also over past few days, battery seemed particularly hot. I also found that it didn't seem to charge fully even when left plugged in over night. Looking through some forums, it was suggested I let it drain completely and switch off before charging. I did this yesterday and it seemed to charge normally after that. Just surprised that it's down to 13% already today and it's mainly just sitting there.
    Any suggestions on where to begin will be gratefully accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well I can, the Nexus 4 came with pretty high spec on release, and even after being a year old was superior to a lot on the market.

I wasn't following the oneplusone hype train, so more interested to know about reliability and stuff. I had heard their after sales were terrible and if your phone had a problem it was a nightmare to get sorted.

Not at all - the N4, like all Nexus phones until the release of the N6, was a compromise phone with specs that didn't match up to the flagships, but offered reasonable value for what you were paying for it. The lack of native support for 4G was a huge thing for them to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Well I can, the Nexus 4 came with pretty high spec on release, and even after being a year old was superior to a lot on the market.

I wasn't following the oneplusone hype train, so more interested to know about reliability and stuff. I had heard their after sales were terrible and if your phone had a problem it was a nightmare to get sorted.

The Nexus 4 was never high end, good value but never high end, the camera and screen are only average, Samsung were already moving to 1920 displays and 13megapixel camera

Why not go for the OnePlus Two? The OnePlus One is already last years phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

can anyone help?

i just can't get my phone to be recognised by the charger.

we have two opo in the house, and two corresponding cables.

i have tried both cables on both phones, and they both work both through the plus adaptor and through the laptop on one phone, but the other just won't do anything when plugged in.

no charging, not recognised by the laptop, nothing.

when plugged into the pc, the dialogue box says "connected as a media device", but still not recognised by the computer, and no charging either!

at the end of my tether with it

G rock wrote: »
    can anyone help?

i just can't get my phone to be recognised by the charger.

we have two opo in the house, and two corresponding cables.

i have tried both cables on both phones, and they both work both through the plus adaptor and through the laptop on one phone, but the other just won't do anything when plugged in.

no charging, not recognised by the laptop, nothing.

when plugged into the pc, the dialogue box says "connected as a media device", but still not recognised by the computer, and no charging either!

at the end of my tether with it

There isn't though power from a laptop USB, use a proper power supply, minimum 2Amp (2000mA)

i have been trying to charge it through the mains adaptor, but the phone doesn't recognise the charger.

it def isn't a cable issue, since both cables i have charge the other opo i have without any issue.

i was only trying the laptop to see if i had any success this way, but once again the phone isn't recognised by the laptop, and no charging takes place either

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The Nexus 4 was never high end, good value but never high end, the camera and screen are only average, Samsung were already moving to 1920 displays and 13megapixel camera

Why not go for the OnePlus Two? The OnePlus One is already last years phone

That waiting list crack seems a bit rubbish, and €379 little over budget at this point.

Might just hang off entirely until my N4 blows, and then see what the stock levels are like.

That waiting list crack seems a bit rubbish, and €379 little over budget at this point.

Might just hang off entirely until my N4 blows, and then see what the stock levels are like.

Nexus 5 2015 is rumoured too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

G rock wrote: »

So your computer actually recognises the device, or does it just come up on the phone saying it is connected?

no, no recognition at all by the laptop.

the phone "knows" it's connected as a mass storage device, but doesn't charge. similarly, it doesn't show up on the computer.

nothing at all happens when it's plugged into the mains

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If I send it off to them to get the screen fixed will they check the IMEI to confirm it is the actual handset I bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Do you pay much duties when shipping to Ireland does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

gazump123 wrote: »
    Do you pay much duties when shipping to Ireland does anyone know?

They are shipped from the UK I believe. No duty or charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

emo72 wrote: »
    They are shipped from the UK I believe. No duty or charges.

Okay thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Hi Guys

I ordered a oneplus one on friday. I received my tracking code for royal mail today. Unfortunately my package has been sent to Italy instead of Ireland according to the tracking number i was given. I'm waiting to hear back from support but i expect this them to be very difficult. Does anyone have an advice at all or have i just lost 300 euro due to their incompetence. Any replies appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did you pay via PayPal?

Did you pay via PayPal?

Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Maybe it wanted to see a bit if Europe before coming to Ireland? If it's sent to the wrong country it will just come back to them, they will figure it out then.

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    Maybe it wanted to see a bit if Europe before coming to Ireland? If it's sent to the wrong country it will just come back to them, they will figure it out then.

Says Italy is the destination country in royal mail tracker so don't think its taking a detour. Last time I order from this crowd. Just praying I at least get my cash refunded. Support doesn't open until 1pm. Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Did you order it from oneplus.net/ie or oneplus.net/it?

daytob wrote: »
    Did you order it from oneplus.net/ie or oneplus.net/it?

Definitely the irish site. Checked my email confirmation too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

is your address ireland then? maybe you selected italy in the drop down menu?

daytob wrote: »
    is your address ireland then? maybe you selected italy in the drop down menu?

No definitely Ireland Looked at order page and just received shipping mail there. Country is Ireland. All i can hope is that they gave me the wrong tracking number but I doubt that. I've mentally prepared myself for a struggle. Not looking forward to dealing with support as judging from people's comments they are not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

Best kit kat rom? The battery I'd get from the phone when I first got it was far superior to anything afterwards. I'm thinking of flashing back to it, I think it was the 44s? Anyone got recommendations or reasons why it's a stupid idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

Best kit kat rom? The battery I'd get from the phone when I first got it was far superior to anything afterwards. I'm thinking of flashing back to it, I think it was the 44s? Anyone got recommendations or reasons why it's a stupid idea?

Actually what time does live chat open at ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

medic087 wrote: »
    No definitely Ireland Looked at order page and just received shipping mail there. Country is Ireland. All i can hope is that they gave me the wrong tracking number but I doubt that. I've mentally prepared myself for a struggle. Not looking forward to dealing with support as judging from people's comments they are not the best.

Absolute worst case scenario you can get your money back from paypal if you open a dispute with them, presuming you cant sort it with the vendor. You have evidence with the tracking number that you did not receive the phone so things shouldn't get too hairy. Even belligerent people will fold if you threaten a paypal dispute because if enough disputes are opened with a vendor paypal will stop allowing them use their pay facility.

• Advertisement

Absolute worst case scenario you can get your money back from paypal if you open a dispute with them, presuming you cant sort it with the vendor. You have evidence with the tracking number that you did not receive the phone so things shouldn't get too hairy. Even belligerent people will fold if you threaten a paypal dispute because if enough disputes are opened with a vendor paypal will stop allowing them use their pay facility.

Here's hoping. I'll report back on thread whatever the outcome.

Advertisement