Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

DA7800 wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps but I did have an issue for a while where people couldn't hear me and it turns out that the reason was that I was covering the microphone with my finger when holding the phone. Probably not what you're experiencing, but I said I would mention it just in case.

I wish it was that but no..

As said, I can have the lower phone mic work 100% for voip stuff, holding the phone up to my ear as normal (or with the phone sitting on a table so ... lol I'm not touching it) but for incoming and outgoing calls over the cell it's almost not working and people cant hear me and going hands free brings it back working 100% ... so odd. have tested with a different SIM but the same fault... I have even blown into the mics to see if the wrong ones were working if you understand. head melted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

god's toy wrote: »
    I wish it was that but no..

As said, I can have the lower phone mic work 100% for voip stuff, holding the phone up to my ear as normal (or with the phone sitting on a table so ... lol I'm not touching it) but for incoming and outgoing calls over the cell it's almost not working and people cant hear me and going hands free brings it back working 100% ... so odd. have tested with a different SIM but the same fault... I have even blown into the mics to see if the wrong ones were working if you understand. head melted!

Trust me on this, try turning off 'Ok Google' and One Plus voice recognition.

That, or clean the mic ports/remove case.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Trust me on this, try turning off 'Ok Google' and One Plus voice recognition.

That, or clean the mic ports/remove case.

Yea that didn't work as both Google and oneplus voice things are off.

The mic holes are not blocked as they (the mics) work 100% with voip stuff and if I put the call on speaker they are working... testred to make sure the bottom one was working... and it is!. grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My Cardboard finally shipped today, I imagine that it won't get here until the middle of next week. I'm very excited!

Damn I'm so jealous. At first I was like, what would I want that for and then changed my mind and it was all out of stock at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

@god's toy

Do you have a case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,896 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I bet any other ROM or update will fix that instantly for you @ Gods Toy, give Exodus a go, you can always go back if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Exodus fixed any problem I had, only slight problem it takes a lot longer to charge. Exodus is faster also.

Danger781 wrote: »
    @god's toy

Do you have a case?

Yep but tested with and without it on.

Thanks guys,

The update is I've been on to oneplus support. They were back to me with a few hours and they asked me to disable Google now (already done) they then asked for a screen shot of the about page of the phone and an audio recording of the mic not working.. OK done and done just waiting for them to come back to me now.

Yep but tested with and without it on.

Thanks guys,

The update is I've been on to oneplus support. They were back to me with a few hours and they asked me to disable Google now (already done) they then asked for a screen shot of the about page of the phone and an audio recording of the mic not working.. OK done and done just waiting for them to come back to me now.
    Lol what? Send us a picture of your camera not working? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I can only assume this has been posted numerous times on previous pages - but I'm a lazy SOB - so the best method to flash Exodus on a non-rooted OPO, plus keep apps etc?

• Advertisement

I think this is the one everyone uses, it worked perfectly for me, there's links to unlocking the bootloader and anything else you need there if you've never touched the phone anyway:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-r6-official-ota-exodus-android-lollipop.278548/

I dont think you'll be keeping the apps though, well I dont know what happened with mine, it wiped the phone then all the apps just downloaded and installed themselves again in a way Ive never seen before and Ive done a lot of android flashing over the years, anything backed up in the cloud was there, progress in games and that kind of thing was all wiped. I always go for a fresh install anyway so it didnt bother me.

Thargor wrote: »
    Lol what? Send us a picture of your camera not working? :D

Well you have to understand it does work when I put the phone call on speaker mode and it works over VoIP just fine it only doesent work in a cell phone type call so I guess they wanted a sample of me switching between them... And that's what I game em anyway.

Still waiting for response back but I guess they are still in bed at this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

cant figure the auto authentication of wifi in exodus in my gaff, little annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

Aaaahhhh, my OnePlus Cardboard arrived half an hour ago! Wasn't expecting it.

First impressions:

For a cardboard build, it's quite sturdy. Definitely couldn't be described as flimsy.

That said, it's missing a bit of magic in that because it's rigid, I have to adjust the distance from my face to make it comfortable for viewing. It takes me out of the experience a little bit.

The apps so far are either hit or miss. The ones that work do so REALLY well. There's a genuine "wow" moment to be had. But sometimes the images don't line up for whatever reason and you end up not being able to see anything properly.

I was surprised that there's no magnet like Google Cardboard has. In VR apps the software responds to my head moving, so maybe it wasn't necessary.

Overall, as something I got for free, I can't complain really. Hoping to find a view more VR gems in the next few hours.

Get a little magnet and swipe it past the top right hand corner of the Oneplus and it will work, thats with the front facing camera in the bottom left in portrait, that's the only input option for Google Cardboard and most VR apps at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭54and56

Just got mine. It's a bit disappointing TBH. €7 for delivery and it doesn't have adjustable lens, a built in magnet or a head strap. It fits the OPO (obviously) but that's about it. You can get a plastic "cardboard" VR headset online with adjustable lens and a head strap for the same money.

If you have to manually hold the headset up like looking through a pair of binoculars you're not going to be able to use it for more than a few minutes.

Waste of time.

Just got mine. It's a bit disappointing TBH. €7 for delivery and it doesn't have adjustable lens, a built in magnet or a head strap. It fits the OPO (obviously) but that's about it. You can get a plastic "cardboard" VR headset online with adjustable lens and a head strap for the same money.

If you have to manually hold the headset up like looking through a pair of binoculars you're not going to be able to use it for more than a few minutes.

Waste of time.

I've had a bit of time to play around with it now, and I have to say I completely agree. The fact that the magnet is missing becomes a very annoying factor as it is required in a lot of the apps I've tried. It does get tiring having to hold it to my face the whole time as well. As I stated earlier, the fact that there isn't much room to adjust is evidently a big issue for a lot of people I imagine.

That said, the content has been really enjoyable. I played a couple of horror-type games and thoroughly scared myself, I'm definitely having fun. I think I might invest in one of those headset things that was posted in this thread a small while back.

Final verdict: OnePlus Cardboard is a bit of a letdown, but it has convinced me that VR as an experience is worth a bit of an investment.

Thargor wrote: »
    Get a little magnet and swipe it past the top right hand corner of the Oneplus and it will work, thats with the front facing camera in the bottom left in portrait, that's the only input option for Google Cardboard and most VR apps at the minute.

Thargor,

You've been elected the VR guru of the OPO thread :P

Can you recommend a "Cardboard" type VR headset which has the following:-

1. Adjustable lens (who here has 20:20 vision?)
    2. Room to comfortably fit an OPO
    3. A built in magnet slider to interact with VR app menu's
    4. Plastic body with built in head strap

And is less than €20 delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

OK but reading my other reply would you still say the same?

There was an issue on some phones when they hit Android L that apps like WhatsApp were taking priority on the speaker. Happened on my girlfriends Moto G and simply removing WhatsApp sorted it, but I think the issue was also present with Viber/Skype/etc.

When you reset the device did you try see if it worked before installing the apps back on?

Update: I just figured out what that silvery strip is on the OnePlus Cardboard. It's a button! I was doing more research on VR and watched a video on the new Google Cardboard and it has the same system. They appear to be phasing out the magnet. This might come in handy for anyone who hadn't copped on like myself. That's what I get for trying to be delicate with the cardboard, I guess, as it needs a good hard press to work.

I'm still interested in finding a plastic headset but the fact that I don't require a magnet for this particular one makes me feel a bit better.

This will also be my last post about the Cardboard, I promise!

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »
    There was an issue on some phones when they hit Android L that apps like WhatsApp were taking priority on the speaker. Happened on my girlfriends Moto G and simply removing WhatsApp sorted it, but I think the issue was also present with Viber/Skype/etc.

When you reset the device did you try see if it worked before installing the apps back on?

Yep the first thing I did was make a cell phone call with only stock google stuff with no apps loaded into memory.. didnt work

The guys at oneplus want me to rom Oxygen onto it to see if that sorts it.

They even offered to log into my pc over the net and install it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Some news about the Two, it's been confirmed that the European version will support band 20 LTE, which is the 800MHZ frequency which operators will mostly use for rural 4G
    http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/09/new-oneplus-2-details-3300mah-battery-lte-bands-priority-invite-system/

Update: I just figured out what that silvery strip is on the OnePlus Cardboard. It's a button! I was doing more research on VR and watched a video on the new Google Cardboard and it has the same system. They appear to be phasing out the magnet. This might come in handy for anyone who hadn't copped on like myself. That's what I get for trying to be delicate with the cardboard, I guess, as it needs a good hard press to work.

I'm still interested in finding a plastic headset but the fact that I don't require a magnet for this particular one makes me feel a bit better.

This will also be my last post about the Cardboard, I promise!

What VR Apps are you using with OPO's cardboard VR headset? Have OPO launched their own app? What app will be streaming the OPO2 launch? I guess it'll just be streaming live on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Apologies if this has been asked alteady but for the last week i have been getting two veey annoying issues with my One Plus One.

1. When i am on the internet aporox every couple of minutes a message pops up on screen saying "Unfortunately Google play services has stopped" I have to select OK to get rid of it.

2. At least 3 times a day the phone disconnects from the network and I have to manually connect.

Is anybody else having these issues and do I need to go back to Factory Settings to resolve it or is there another method?

Thanks

What VR Apps are you using with OPO's cardboard VR headset? Have OPO launched their own app? What app will be streaming the OPO2 launch? I guess it'll just be streaming live on YouTube?

I'm using the Google Cardboard app that's configured for the OnePlus headset. You can find a QR code on the OnePlus forums (I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts yet) which can then be scanned in the Google Cardboard app and configures all cardboard apps to suit the headset. As for the apps themselves, you can either search for them in the Play Store or use the Google Cardboard app to find them. I downloaded a couple of rollercoaster ones, a few horror-type ones, the Tuscany House demo and a 3D Pong type game.

As for the OP2 launch, there will be an app released (again, sorry I can't link to the source, the Reddit AMA) for streaming the reveal. They're not going to release an app in the vein of Google Cardboard, just the one which serves the purpose of streaming the reveal. You can only watch the reveal live on the app but it will be uploaded to YouTube afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

For anyone looking for a good VR scare get Chair in a room and Two Sisters and use with headphones, enjoy

I'm using the Google Cardboard app that's configured for the OnePlus headset. You can find a QR code on the OnePlus forums (I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts yet) which can then be scanned in the Google Cardboard app and configures all cardboard apps to suit the headset.
    Thanks DA, here's the link BTW for others who might want it - https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/qr_viewer_profile-1-png.323618/

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

I am moving to Ireland for school from Canada in August and I currently own a Oneplus One. Does anyone know which of the major providers (3, Vodafone, etc.) has LTE frequency that is compatible with the phone? Currently the cheapest I know is 3 with 20 euro a month prepaid with unlimited LTE but not sure if it works with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Jlayay wrote: »
    I am moving to Ireland for school from Canada in August and I currently own a Oneplus One. Does anyone know which of the major providers (3, Vodafone, etc.) has LTE frequency that is compatible with the phone? Currently the cheapest I know is 3 with 20 euro a month prepaid with unlimited LTE but not sure if it works with the phone.
    Three and meteor do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Jlayay wrote: »

I'm on Three and it is LTE compatible.

Advertisement