Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EC4

sup_dude wrote: »
    Have you enrolled? Enrollment is one of the more important things during orientation which missing is a bit awkward. There is a late date on Wednesday of next week though. Make sure you go to that.

What do you do during enrolment? And how do you know there is a late date for it on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

EC4 wrote: »
    What do you do during enrolment? And how do you know there is a late date for it on Wednesday?

You enroll for college and get your student card. It's basically you becoming a student.
    I'm an orientation guide and we're special and knows stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EC4

sup_dude wrote: »
    You enroll for college and get your student card. It's basically you becoming a student.
    I'm an orientation guide and we're special and knows stuff :D

Is there a number I can ring to let them know I missed the enrolment and ask for more information?

EC4 wrote: »
    Is there a number I can ring to let them know I missed the enrolment and ask for more information?

You could try emailing orientation@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Hey does anybody know when we can setup our student emails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Midkemia wrote: »
    Hey does anybody know when we can setup our student emails?

We've been able to do it for a while. You should have gotten an email with instructions on how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I got no email about getting access to my student email but got in myself yesterday after resetting my password

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I got no email about getting access to my student email but got in myself yesterday after resetting my password

It was at the bottom of the email confirming your enrollment in your course.

It was at the bottom of the email confirming your enrollment in your course.

Ah, didn't even see that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Do we use the log in details for our email to use the computers in the library or do we sign up for something else? :confused: :P

• Advertisement

Do we use the log in details for our email to use the computers in the library or do we sign up for something else? :confused: :P

I think it's supposed to be the same password as your si.ul log in. Your ID as your username and whatever password you have

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

is the main building the one with all the different blocks the ski slopes building?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

wallace2 wrote: »
    is the main building the one with all the different blocks the ski slopes building?

Yep, all glass at the entrance has floors G,O,M,1,2 and 3

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

wallace2 wrote: »

Yup.

Good luck to all the firsties trying to find their way around in there at first. :pac:

(Not gonna lie, last year was my fourth year in UL, and I discovered corridors in there I never knew existed...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yup.

Good luck to all the firsties trying to find their way around in there at first. :pac:

(Not gonna lie, last year was my fourth year in UL, and I discovered corridors in there I never knew existed...)

Do you know is the main building open on Saturdays? I might try and find where my first lectures are on Monday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

thanks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Do you know is the main building open on Saturdays? I might try and find where my first lectures are on Monday :rolleyes:

The Main Building is open 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Enter by the ski slopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

What will we need to bring for lectures on Monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

podgemk wrote: »
    What will we need to bring for lectures on Monday ?

Pen and paper is all I ever bring :D

• Advertisement

Anyone staying on campus over the weekend? Feel like im the only one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

Anyone staying on campus over the weekend? Feel like im the only one :P

International meet and greet is on tonight in stables if you're bored. I'd be at it if I was around :p

International meet and greet is on tonight in stables if you're bored. I'd be at it if I was around :p

I picked the gym instead was out three nights in a row and I need drinking money for freshers.

I picked the gym instead was out three nights in a row and I need drinking money for freshers.
    Next time, don't do that and save for international night, well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

So... I have a weird situation on Monday with classes. I'm doing two different sets of science classes to begin with and some of the ones I need to go to clash. I can't be in two places at the one time, but is there a way of getting course materials online so I don't have to miss everything from the class I skip? Would they put the contents of each lecture online or what's the story?

(Don't worry lads, I'm fairly sure I'm the only one doing this sort of thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StudentM

Hey I'm starting too and my timetable is confusing me. I thought we just attended lectures for week one and two? But some of my tutorials/labs say week 1, and they have different groups like 3J 3E etc at different times so how do I know which one to go to? Hopefully my brain will be smarter in four years.......

StudentM wrote: »
    Hey I'm starting too and my timetable is confusing me. I thought we just attended lectures for week one and two? But some of my tutorials/labs say week 1, and they have different groups like 3J 3E etc at different times so how do I know which one to go to? Hopefully my brain will be smarter in four years.......

If you are in first year, you will only have lectures for Week 1 and 2. After that, you will be split into groups for the labs and tuts.

Aceandstuff, check that you are viewing the First Year Timetable, not the normal timetable with lectures, tutorials and labs. Your timetable should be just lectures for the first 2 weeks. You shouldn't have anything overlapping or otherwise, you should take it up to your course leader

StudentM wrote: »

Tutorials and Labs start dates are up to your lecturer. The general rule is they don't start until week 3, but some start week 2, some start week 1. Go to your first lecture in a module and you'll be told what the craic is. If you're timetabled for a lab/tutorial before the lecture, you can either skip it or head along just in case it is on.

Don't worry about the 3A, 3B group thing, that's more an administrative thing than anything else AFAIK.

And anyone that has stuff overlapping, don't worry about it. First year timetables are always a bit messy at first, things'll work out once you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StudentM

Thanks, I was getting so confused, there are quite a few tut/labs with week one in them, I might just head to first lecture on Monday and see what they say about the rest of week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Aceandstuff, check that you are viewing the First Year Timetable, not the normal timetable with lectures, tutorials and labs. Your timetable should be just lectures for the first 2 weeks. You shouldn't have anything overlapping or otherwise, you should take it up to your course leader

I have the proper first year timetables, (lectures only) but that's not really what my question was about. I'm wondering if there's a way to catch up on a class online if I miss it. Would there be notes up on a website somewhere?

I'm not confused about the timetables at all, I'm just following two of them at the same time. Tbh, it's a miracle that I only have two overlaps in a week!

Advertisement