Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Where is EG-0?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Where is EG-0?

Go in the ski-slopes doors (main entrance) to the main building. It's just around to the left. EGO10 is the huge room and there are small rooms off it (EGO5 on I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Who do I go to to find out why my email wont work in the library? It works everywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Who do I go to to find out why my email wont work in the library? It works everywhere else!

Could be just a glitch on the UL's side. Has it been like this for a while?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Could be just a glitch on the UL's side. Has it been like this for a while?

Yeah I think the first time I tried to check it in the library was about a week ago. I'm on it right now at home but it wont work at all in the library :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yeah I think the first time I tried to check it in the library was about a week ago. I'm on it right now at home but it wont work at all in the library :confused:

IT helpdesk is in the library

Are there poster sales in Red Rasins?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Are there poster sales in Red Rasins?

There's usually two poster sales per semester, and there'll be posters advertising it around the place during the lead up to it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Isn't it like Week 3 and week 11 usually? Or am I totally just making that up... :o

They've a fairly good selection of stuff in fairness though, I got a kickass Godfather one in first year.

Is Facebook blocked on UL wireless? Never updates when I use it and keeps giving me "Network Error".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Where is the newsroom located on campus? I'me supposed to have a meeting there and I have no clue.

Where is the newsroom located on campus? I'me supposed to have a meeting there and I have no clue.

Didn't even know there was a newsroom in UL.

And to the comment above, UL don't have a tendency to block websites. Could just be your device?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I *believe* It's in the Engineering Research Building. If you're facing the Ski slopes, go left and head that way. It's the building on the left past the Foundation Building.

DISCLAIMER: I may be mixing this up with something else, but I'm almost positive it's in there. If not, it's probably in the Languages building which is handily right next to the ERB. :pac:

The poster sale was today and it's on again tomorrow. I have something to look at now apart from yellow walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

The poster sale was today and it's on again tomorrow. I have something to look at now apart from yellow walls.

My bf got me the giant Middle Earth poster, it's amazing!

sup_dude wrote: »
    My bf got me the giant Middle Earth poster, it's amazing!

Where are the posters for sale? I never heard about posters :P :D

Where are the posters for sale? I never heard about posters :P :D

The sales happen in the Red Raisins which is on the first floor of the main building.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone know whats going on with the fountain outside kemmy? are they taking it away or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

kerryked wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on with the fountain outside kemmy? are they taking it away or what?

Has the water being drained from it?

They clean it and drain it every month or so so it is probably just the monthly draining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I'd say it's a lot more than draining! Footpaths closed around Kemmy, machines and jackhammer thingies in, and it's all fenced in. I have no idea what they're doing, but it's on both sides of the pond.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they are jackhammering the concrete in the fountain. Footpaths also closed from the Arena to the gate on the left. Couldn't they have this done during the summer where it'll affect very few people?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Yeah, they are jackhammering the concrete in the fountain. Footpaths also closed from the Arena to the gate on the left. Couldn't they have this done during the summer where it'll affect very few people?

Ah no, that would make logical sense and you wouldn't want that!

Welcome to UL buddy. The smarter option is rarely the one that's taken, especially when it comes to construction. :P

Is it just me or is anyone missing labs for their Chemistry module? I'm in CH4001 and I think there's other 3 CH modules as well we have together for a lecture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Welcome to UL buddy. The smarter option is rarely the one that's taken, especially when it comes to construction. :P

UL doesn't just close down when students aren't here. ;)
    There was a huge amount of work going on in UL during the summer, if they're the same contractors then they probably only finished in SR recently and there's plenty of other projects ongoing like the Bernel building, the MSSI extension and the start of groundworks for the Arena extension that could be taking up contractors/funds/supervision/engineers who're on the UL payroll.

Cossax wrote: »
    UL doesn't just close down when students aren't here. ;)
    There was a huge amount of work going on in UL during the summer, if they're the same contractors then they probably only finished in SR recently and there's plenty of other projects ongoing like the Bernel building, the MSSI extension and the start of groundworks for the Arena extension that could be taking up contractors/funds/supervision/engineers who're on the UL payroll.

Ah I know, I'm only being semi-serious here. :P
    I'm sure there's deep, long-thought-out reasonings behind the scheduling of works, I just find it amusing that all the ones that require paths and roads to be closed seem to begin in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

There were cement lorries in the fountain today and they had sheets of reinforcing mesh for foundations..seems as if there going filling it up with concrete, maybe to create extra parking spaces or even bike racks? just guessing..

kerryked wrote: »
    There were cement lorries in the fountain today and they had sheets of reinforcing mesh for foundations..seems as if there going filling it up with concrete, maybe to create extra parking spaces or even bike racks? just guessing..

I was thinking that too. No way they are just cleaning it. I'm siding with the fact that they are putting in a car park

Is there anywhere where you can eat on campus that's quite and has wifi? I've a really busy day Monday and wont get home to eat. And does anyone know where the public showers are on campus that you can use after cycling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Is there anywhere where you can eat on campus that's quite and has wifi? I've a really busy day Monday and wont get home to eat. And does anyone know where the public showers are on campus that you can use after cycling?

Red Raisins. (Level 1 Block B).

Showers in a few buildings- see this map http://www.ul.ie/ee/uploads/files/2-Cycle%20facilities.pdf

Advertisement