Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I have the proper first year timetables, (lectures only) but that's not really what my question was about. I'm wondering if there's a way to catch up on a class online if I miss it. Would there be notes up on a website somewhere?

I'm not confused about the timetables at all, I'm just following two of them at the same time. Tbh, it's a miracle that I only have two overlaps in a week!

What course are your doing just so I could check it out? Each lab and tut has its own group code. You will be in one group for each module.

Also, check on the weeks you have the module on. I am the same for one of my modules. But it's on on Week 1-6 and the other is on 7-12 so that could be it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I have the proper first year timetables, (lectures only) but that's not really what my question was about. I'm wondering if there's a way to catch up on a class online if I miss it. Would there be notes up on a website somewhere?

Depends on the module. Some lecturers will make all their slides available through SULIS or their own website. Others don't put anything up and subscribe to the "If you weren't there then you're not getting notes." philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

I'm not confused about the timetables at all, I'm just following two of them at the same time. Tbh, it's a miracle that I only have two overlaps in a week!

Depends on the lecturer whether they will put up notes or not
    Some will post the lectures online on sulis https://sulis.ul.ie/xsl-portal or on their personal webpage
    Some might get you to buy a book of notes that contains all the lectures (there might be gaps in the notes to get you to come to lectures to fill them in)
    And others might get you to make your own notes and not put anything online!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

The timetables I have are for what I'll be starting straight away. Deffo no tutorials and labs on it. This is a temporary issue anyway, I'll be deciding on a single course to take in the next week or so. I just wanted to make sure I have ALL OF THE INFORMATION before picking a subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

I don't know of this is the right place for this or not, but does anyone know if non-UL students would be allowed into Scouting for Girls on Wednesday? If so, would ID be essential just to get into the concert part? Thank you :D

• Advertisement

Mcd2812 wrote: »
    I don't know of this is the right place for this or not, but does anyone know if non-UL students would be allowed into Scouting for Girls on Wednesday? If so, would ID be essential just to get into the concert part? Thank you :D

You need a student ID number. I'm sure they would ask for you to show them your student card as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mcd2812 wrote: »

You need a UL Student to "sign you in" at the door (unless things've changed in the past year or two). So if you're going with a friend who is a UL student, you should be fine. Even if you're not, the guys on the door will probably just ask a student going in to sign you in. Should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone else having trouble signing into ul student mail today? Keeps asking for authentication? This happening for anyone else?

kerryked wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble signing into ul student mail today? Keeps asking for authentication? This happening for anyone else?

Working fine for me on my end!

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Working fine for me on my end!

Ah crap, was working grand for me at home all weekend until I came up here and started using the ul network, would that have anything to do with it? Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Welcome to the glorious world of UL IT. :D

I can only log on to Studentmail while on campus using Internet Explorer. Chrome will keep doing what you're seeing.

Remember, your username is ul\14XXXXXX.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Welcome to the glorious world of UL IT. :D

I can only log on to Studentmail while on campus using Internet Explorer. Chrome will keep doing what you're seeing.

Remember, your username is ul\14XXXXXX.

Even good ole internet explorer won't work for me :( can't get it set up on my phone either, jaysussssss :P

Even good ole internet explorer won't work for me :( can't get it set up on my phone either, jaysussssss :P

Are you on campus? There was a time last year where I couldn't log in, so I got a VPN extension for Chrome that hides your IP address. Could log in fine when that was running for some reason.

I got so sick of studentmail that I finally just said "F*ck it.". Everything is redirected to my Gmail account now and I only ever log into Outlook if I need to send mail so they'll know I'm a student.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Are you on campus? There was a time last year where I couldn't log in, so I got a VPN extension for Chrome that hides your IP address. Could log in fine when that was running for some reason.

I got so sick of studentmail that I finally just said "F*ck it.". Everything is redirected to my Gmail account now and I only ever log into Outlook if I need to send mail so they'll know I'm a student.

Yep I'm up in cappa, how do I go about redirecting my mail to my gmail account? That sounds far handier for me at the moment anyway!

Anybody know why I can't view my timetable on tt.daniel.ie? Tried it last week and it didn't work so I thought it's because I wasn't officially a student until week 1 but I tried it today and still doesn't work?

Yep I'm up in cappa, how do I go about redirecting my mail to my gmail account? That sounds far handier for me at the moment anyway!

I can't remember how I did it tbh (I did it one morning in work over the summer when I was bored :P). There's loads of tutorials online though, just Google "redirect email from Outlook to Gmail" or something and you'll find loads of stuff. Unfortunately you have to log into the account to do it, so this doesn't really help you right now. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Anybody know why I can't view my timetable on tt.daniel.ie? Tried it last week and it didn't work so I thought it's because I wasn't officially a student until week 1 but I tried it today and still doesn't work?

If you are a first year you won't be issued an individual timetable until Friday of week 2 so tt.daniel.ie won't work for you until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Do Labs start on week 3 too? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Do Labs start on week 3 too? :)

Different for each module I think. We got a sheet listing when each starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Different for each module I think. We got a sheet listing when each starts.

Thanks! I didn't get anything about that but have it again soon.

• Advertisement

phish wrote: »
    If you are a first year you won't be issued an individual timetable until Friday of week 2 so tt.daniel.ie won't work for you until then.

Thanks for that then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Where exactly in the student portal do you register for your modules? I think I may be going totally blind because I can't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

Where exactly in the student portal do you register for your modules? I think I may be going totally blind because I can't see anything.

when you log into si.ul.ie it should come up on the home page saying register for modules and underneath is says watch a youtube tutorial on how to register

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

when you log into si.ul.ie it should come up on the home page saying register for modules and underneath is says watch a youtube tutorial on how to register

Nope, none of that appears for me at all.:confused:

Just takes me to the homepage in the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Nope, none of that appears for me at all.:confused:

Just takes me to the homepage in the portal.

It should be in the portal, in a big red box, the very first one.

Apart from the mess that is the student mail, how are things going for everyone? :D

I recall being told something about stickers that you put on your student ID cards. What is it for and where do I get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I recall being told something about stickers that you put on your student ID cards. What is it for and where do I get one?

It's basically Stables membership. You need it to get into most events and places. You can get it in the SU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

sup_dude wrote: »
    It's basically Stables membership. You need it to get into most events and places. You can get it in the SU :)

Do you actually need it? I thought it was just to show you were over 18.

• Advertisement

sup_dude wrote: »

Ah, cheers then! Do I need to pay for it or do I just sign up for membership then?

Advertisement