Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Literally all I have to bring tomorrow is my passport :)

And yourself...don't forget that! Kinda important :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

iLaura wrote: »
    And yourself...don't forget that! Kinda important :P

Haha that too providing my alarm works :p

Haha that too providing my alarm works :p

Ah, all you'll miss at the start is a talk from the SU people and stuff :P You just don't wanna miss when they start calling courses...cause then you'll be kinda foooked and won't be with people from your course

Ah, all you'll miss at the start is a talk from the SU people and stuff :P You just don't wanna miss when they start calling courses...cause then you'll be kinda foooked and won't be with people from your course

I've it set to go off every 10 minutes from 7am :pac:

I've it set to go off every 10 minutes from 7am :pac:

Someone's eager :P Roll outta bed at 8:30, leave at 8:40, pleeenty of time! That tends to be my morning ritual for college anyways, leaving between 8:40 and 8:50...I may be too attached to sleeping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Nope, just leave it all up to SUSI and go on your merry way :P the only thing is, is that the queues up at the fees and SAA are stupidly long for the first few weeks so you'd wanna go show them the letter when you've at least an hour or two off

That's good, was starting to worry a bit because my grant is taking ages to come through so panic over :)

Ross1986 wrote: »
    That's good, was starting to worry a bit because my grant is taking ages to come through so panic over :)

Mine has been on 'Awaiting Final Assessment' since July 8th, even though the average time or something is 3 weeks -.- I messaged them on facebook and they were basically like 'Loads of people applied blah blah blah first come first serve basis'.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Molojan

Does anyone know the story with the bus from UL to Mary I? What no. is it, how often does it leave and from where??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Molojan wrote: »
    Does anyone know the story with the bus from UL to Mary I? What no. is it, how often does it leave and from where??

Closest bus you can get from UL to Mary I. is either 304 or 308. They go by Childer's St and you can walk up from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

Mine has been on 'Awaiting Final Assessment' since July 8th, even though the average time or something is 3 weeks -.- I messaged them on facebook and they were basically like 'Loads of people applied blah blah blah first come first serve basis'.

Mines been 'awaiting final assessment' since June 23rd I rang them up before the offers and they were like oh yeah you should get it after offers, but alas I still haven't gotten it

• Advertisement

What username do I use to get into my email account? Is it just my Student ID number? Told that it's my personalised computer password which I assume is the same one for si.ul.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Molojan wrote: »

You can get the 304 outside Punches Hotel at Punches Cross, that's the closest bus to Mary I. Every 15 minutes, supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Ye I'm the same since June 26th and rang them on Friday and he was like "oh right, em we'll try and get that escalated for you so".

So bottom line is I won't be expecting it any time soon!ha

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    What username do I use to get into my email account? Is it just my Student ID number? Told that it's my personalised computer password which I assume is the same one for si.ul.ie?

The link for the email is www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie and your user name is ul\studentnumber, so whatever your student number is.

The link for the email is www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie and your user name is ul\studentnumber, so whatever your student number is.

Tried that so I did a password reset at https://offsite.ul.ie/passwordreset/studentchangepassword.aspx and now I have access to both SULIS and email accounts! Old password should be your dob in the format DDMMYYYY (For the Month, it's the first 3 letters of that month i.e. January is Jan, February is Feb etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

AFAIK soccer are sound enough, my friend had to take photos for them and she said they were all lovely. I know nothing about the music soc tbh, and G Soc are all lovely, if a bit eccentric :P
    [Ps, awesome username]

Hi!! I'm the President of UL Music Soc, if you have any questions just message me :)

The 'Ski slopes' building is so big! I didn't know where I was going coming out of it this evening :pac:

The 'Ski slopes' building is so big! I didn't know where I was going coming out of it this evening :pac:

It wasnt until the end of 1st year/start of second year that I got to know the main building and towers well enough to not have to start off at the ski slopes each time I was looking for a lecture room :P its confusing but you'll get used to it

I was looking at my lecture timetable for next week and I have two lectures directly after each other. I've one that ends at 12pm on one side of the campus and one that starts at 12pm on the other side of the campus. What happens here? Do I just explain why I'm late to the next lecturer or something? :)

I was looking at my lecture timetable for next week and I have two lectures directly after each other. I've one that ends at 12pm on one side of the campus and one that starts at 12pm on the other side of the campus. What happens here? Do I just explain why I'm late to the next lecturer or something? :)

Firstly, lectures will end anytime between quarter to and five to the hour. Secondly, there'd be no point in apologising to the lecturer if you're late and the lecture has already started. You'd just end up interrupting the lecture and annoying some people. Best thing to do is go as quietly into the lecture and sit down in the nearest seat if you're late. Remember, your classmates might be late as well so it wont just be you walking in

• Advertisement

Firstly, lectures will end anytime between quarter to and five to the hour. Secondly, there'd be no point in apologising to the lecturer if you're late and the lecture has already started. You'd just end up interrupting the lecture and annoying some people. Best thing to do is go as quietly into the lecture and sit down in the nearest seat if you're late. Remember, your classmates might be late as well so it wont just be you walking in

Thank You :D Now I just hope I'm looking at the correct timetable :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 the_ellenator

Guys how do we get access to SULIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Guys how do we get access to SULIS?

https://sulis.ul.ie/xsl-portal

Does anyone know why the website you go onto to get into your student mail says "authentication required" when I click on the link that brings you to the log in page? This seems to only happen in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Does anyone know why the website you go onto to get into your student mail says "authentication required" when I click on the link that brings you to the log in page? This seems to only happen in the library.

One thing you'll learn about UL is that the IT systems often operate in a bizarre and nonsensical way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EC4

When do we get our timetable? Has anyone else missed orientation?

EC4 wrote: »

It's available online. For some reason, they didn't give out paper copy of the timetable this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EC4

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It's available online. For some reason, they didn't give out paper copy of the timetable this year.

My timetable isn't on SULIS is this because i missed my orientation?

My timetable isn't on SULIS is this because i missed my orientation?

Type in 'Timetable UL' into google and click the first link :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you enrolled? Enrollment is one of the more important things during orientation which missing is a bit awkward. There is a late date on Wednesday of next week though. Make sure you go to that.

Advertisement