Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

Okay so I enrolled and I got an email showing my details and my personal details are all correct but my fees details are all empty is that normal idk???

I got that as well so i'm guessing it's normal :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

So we don't actually need to pay anything for registration if we're waiting on grants? I know there's accommodation but that's a different matter.

When do we have to pay the student levy fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niamhmoloney0

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    So we don't actually need to pay anything for registration if we're waiting on grants? I know there's accommodation but that's a different matter.

When do we have to pay the student levy fee?

Nope, I just think we wait until susi gets back to us and see o: is the student levy fee the student contribution?

Nope, I just think we wait until susi gets back to us and see o: is the student levy fee the student contribution?

No, it's the fee that we pay to the Student Union (I think or something similar).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

No, it's the fee that we pay to the Student Union (I think or something similar).

Is there still a Student Centre Levy? I think I heard someone saying its gone. Could be wrong though.

• Advertisement

Oh right, and how much is that?

Oh right, and how much is that?

It is €72

Is there still a Student Centre Levy? I think I heard someone saying its gone. Could be wrong though.
    It is €72

That's odd, I didn't hear anything about a levy, maybe it could be gone or I just missed it?

On UL.ie website, it says for 2013/2014 so maybe it's out of the window or they haven't updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Not sure if there is a levy this year. They levy was to fund building work and the another project wasn't voted in. AFAIK, the building work has reached it' target so there's no levy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

sup_dude wrote: »
    Not sure if there is a levy this year. They levy was to fund building work and the another project wasn't voted in. AFAIK, the building work has reached it' target so there's no levy.

I remember paying the levy 2 years ago but I am certain that we didn't have to pay it last year as the it was all paid off by then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ompala wrote: »
    I remember paying the levy 2 years ago but I am certain that we didn't have to pay it last year as the it was all paid off by then

That's possible but I've a memory like a sieve :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 im stuck! cnt tink of gud name

Has anybody doing nursing received Garda vetting forms ? Did they arrive with anybody's orientation guidebook or will it arrive in a separate package ?

Has anybody doing nursing received Garda vetting forms ? Did they arrive with anybody's orientation guidebook or will it arrive in a separate package ?

I think I read it in the orientation book or website saying the the Vetting forms will be handed out on Orientation day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Answering a couple of questions, not sure if already answered:

About grants:
    If you have any kind of proof that you have submitted a grant form and are waiting for one from Susi or county councils then just bring the email/letter/whatever to orientation and explain that situation. I have never paid a thing apart from a levy in my first year.

About student levy:

I know it was in place two years ago but last September there was none. We had a vote in UL in the 2nd semester this year to determine if we were to pay a contribution fee (the levy) for an extension or something and the majority voted NO so there is supposed to be no levy this year but that may have changed, not sure.

About vetting forms:

You usually do the vetting on orientation or the week OF orientation. That's what I remember being told by friends in education courses anyway.

Hope some of this helps and I'm not just talking sh** haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

The levy was discontinued last year. UL have been slow to update their site about it for some reason. As a point of clarification the vote last year had a majority but didn't reach the super majority the SU constitution requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Arrived with mine on Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Carefulnow11

when doing the online enrolment how do you fill in the part which asks for "grant category" if you haven't heard from susi yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

when doing the online enrolment how do you fill in the part which asks for "grant category" if you haven't heard from susi yet ?

What categories do they give?

What categories do they give?

ah its okay i got it sorted :D thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

categories given are
    1. full fees and maintenance grant
    2. full fees only
    3. part fees only

You should know which one you're entitled to based on the income?

You should know which one you're entitled to based on the income?

yeah i copped on eventually ! thanks for the help :)

Is Freshers Week the same week as Orientation Week?

Is Freshers Week the same week as Orientation Week?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Yes

I thought it was always in week 1 or 2. Orientation week is week 0.

I thought it was always in week 1 or 2. Orientation week is week 0.

I always took them to be the same, stuff like foam parties etc. being the week before lectures started
    but my memory can be a bit fuzzy, and I may be talking pure sh*te...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I always took them to be the same, stuff like foam parties etc. being the week before lectures started
    but my memory can be a bit fuzzy, and I may be talking pure sh*te...

From what I remember, fresher's week is after orientation week. I just don't remember exactly when :P

From what I remember, fresher's week is after orientation week. I just don't remember exactly when :P

God, we so old :p

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Orientation week is Week 0
    Freshers week is Week 1

• Advertisement

Most are saying Freshers Week is after Orientation. I will go by that.

Another thing, when do I pay for my accommodation fees? I'm staying in Plassey (at least I think so) and I have gotten any information about it at all apart from paying the deposit fee last Feb/March.

Advertisement