Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescued 2 week old kitten

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

DBB wrote: »
    For the sake of clarity, the pineapple must be eaten by the animal whose poop is being eaten. This means that the cats would have to be fed pineapple so that Izzy won't eat it... I really don't know would you get a cat to eat pineapple?
    In any case, whilst it works sometimes, it actually doesn't work that often!
    I think the dog-proof litter box linked to is a much better alternative:)

I just spent the last 10 minutes looking for posts by someone called pineapple about a dog eating cat ....

mymo wrote: »
    The joys of kitty biscuits!

We have covered trays, but cats use the garden too, either way dogs love a munch on a kitty biscuit if they can find one.
    Dogs just can't help themselves, we scoop twice a day, we worm everyone at the same time, and we try various things as we come up with ideas.
    The latest idea is to prop the door to the bathroom open (litter tray is in bathroom) just enough for a cat to get in, but put something heavy to stop it opening wider so dogs can't get in. It's working so far, but our bathroom door opens out. Can you think of anything like that?

DBB, we have a cat that eats pineapple off pizzas, as my daughter has found out, nothing is sacred.

yup have a kind of maze system set up now but I think its after putting tusk off.There seems to be more around the tray then in it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

mymo wrote: »
    The latest idea is to prop the door to the bathroom open (litter tray is in bathroom) just enough for a cat to get in, but put something heavy to stop it opening wider so dogs can't get in. It's working so far, but our bathroom door opens out. Can you think of anything like that?

Good idea! In farming speak, you're talking about a creep area!
    It can indeed work when you need to allow one animal access to an area that you don't want another accessing, but it only works if the animals are very different in size.
    So DT, you could put your litter tray into a heavy, upside-down box with a gap underneath that the kittens can get into, but the dogs can't? Or, say, a baby gate raised up off the ground so that the kittens can fit under, but the dogs can't?

DBB, we have a cat that eats pineapple off pizzas, as my daughter has found out, nothing is sacred.

Lol, I was going to write in my post *awaits someone posting that their cat lurrrves pineapple* :D

New Home wrote: »
    They are great, Damagegt, I can't believe how gorgeous they are... and how big they've become... thanks for posting these :)

Now, I'm sure I read other threads about it (if you search 'pineapple' in this forum they should come up), but in the meantime this might help too - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92583140

Tusk seems to have stopped growing.He really was the runt.The difference in him and Finbarr is chalk and cheese.

Good idea! In farming speak, you're talking about a creep area!
    It can indeed work when you need to allow one animal access to an area that you don't want another accessing, but it only works if the animals are very different in size.
    So DT, you could put your litter tray into a heavy, upside-down box with a gap underneath that the kittens can get into, but the dogs can't? Or, say, a baby gate raised up off the ground so that the kittens can fit under, but the dogs can't?

Lol, I was going to write in my post *awaits someone posting that their cat lurrrves pineapple* :D
    Good Idea!I have an extra carry box that I can jimmy up to just leave the cats in.

Finbarrs the same.He eats everything and I means everything.Had himself the end of quite a hot green curry.He likes porridge and tea.If its in a cup,bowl or plate its fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Great to see the moggies doing well. Who knows. 2016 is the next election year I think. And a new party would be very purrtinent I would imagine. Finbar for Taoiseach. Although even as I type this, I hear rumblings from canine opposition claiming he would milk the country dry. There is a tail to be told here somewhere........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

damagegt wrote: »
    Good Idea!I have an extra carry box that I can jimmy up to just leave the cats in.

Finbarrs the same.He eats everything and I means everything.Had himself the end of quite a hot green curry.He likes porridge and tea.If its in a cup,bowl or plate its fair game.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I mean, at a push I can understand the porridge and even the tea, as they probably have milk in them, but a hot curry... ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

They are fantastic pics D!! Good work! Loving them stretched out infront of the fire....

Wrt the poop eating our dog used to do that and after giving oht to her a few times she stopped but we tried to scoop as often as possible too to lessen the oppertunity.. its not the worst thing but hope you get it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

damagegt wrote: »

I had nearly given up hope on FC......good to see that my predictions are as messed up as ever :D God, he is some brute already - bet he's eating straight into your wallet lol

From your report of his eating habbits - bet it must be some beautiful shock when you think back to when you were worried that he was only taking a few ml onboard.

You have to be one of the real heros of Boards. Found an abandoned tiny kitten, rescued it, asked for help and gave buckets of love. I know that so many people gave advice and offered help but you kept going (with help from a lot of the advice) and have raised a new member of your own and Boards family.

DAMAGEGT for president!!!!

.......and Finbar for vice president :D

FanadMan wrote: »

Ah now we all know cats rule humans.. i agree with the sentiment but think FC will be president , tusk vice and humans and dogs used as butlers and servants :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Best thread ever. Lovely to see the new pictures of FC and co. happy and healthy at home. (I love your dogs too damagegt!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Only off pizza, we tried other ways, but just off the pizza.

We also can't have strawberry jam on toast or brown bread, as Ruby LOVES strawberry jam, spag Bol, they all love, and Toby ate our sweet and sour chicken stir fry last week (Carrots, noodles, everything), while I was on the phone!

Damagegt, did you ever see a cat eat spaghetti or noodles :D

We never leave our food alone, don't turn your back on food, between animals and teenager, I'm lucky I don't starve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

DBB have you got cats?
    This post made me LOL
    Baby gates... ha ha
    My fools will (Depending on laziness or level of intelligence) either Jump over it (sooty) squeeze under it (Sneezy) or squeeze through it (and get stuck) (bob)
    They are cats they have an inbuilt adventurous streak :p

FanadMan wrote: »
    I had nearly given up hope on FC......good to see that my predictions are as messed up as ever :D Nicolas Cage, he is some brute already - bet he's eating straight into your wallet lol

From your report of his eating habbits - bet it must be some beautiful shock when you think back to when you were worried that he was only taking a few ml onboard.

You have to be one of the real heros of Boards. Found an abandoned tiny kitten, rescued it, asked for help and gave buckets of love. I know that so many people gave advice and offered help but you kept going (with help from a lot of the advice) and have raised a new member of your own and Boards family.

When I look back at the pictures of him went I first found him,I was so sure he was going to die.The second night when he wasn't feeding was horrible but now you would never know he had such a tough start.And just remember I have no doubt it wouldn't have ended well if it wasnt for all of you on Boards.I really cant thank you enough.

angelfire9 wrote: »
    DBB have you got cats?
    This post made me LOL
    Baby gates... ha ha
    My fools will (Depending on laziness or level of intelligence) either Jump over it (sooty) squeeze under it (Sneezy) or squeeze through it (and get stuck) (bob)

I think the idea is the cats can get through but the dogs can't so they can't eat the cat poop!!

DBB have you got cats?
    This post made me LOL
    Baby gates... ha ha

Great names:). Sneezy:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CongoCallaghan

I've been following your posts. You're doing grand. No need for vet unless it's time to neuter, a must but particularly for Toms. He'll smell you out of home. Warmth and feeding the essential. If it starts dribbling from its nose use a clean babywipe to gently dry it until it clears up. If there is a discharge from the eye/s same treatment. Keep it out of draughts. Cardboard box ideal. Prepare a shallow dish with turf mould or such (baking tray) in a corner of the room for when it wants to do 1 & 2. Clean and disinfect after each movement. Sniff in her presence (like you are clearing your nose) and she'll bond with you for life.

Oh! and I forgot. The other end must be cleaned frequently and watch for constipation. Again, babywipes. (great invention). Oh! When I said sniff I don't mean blow. And not like you're smelling something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

ct after each movement. Sniff in her presence (like you are clearing your nose) and she'll bond with you for life.

Dont mean to highjack this thread, but as a new_kitten_novice what does this mean?!?!?

DBB have you got cats?
    This post made me LOL
    Baby gates... ha ha

I don't have cats, but as has already been pointed out, it doesn't make any difference... as long as the cats can get through/over/under and the dogs can't. Izzy that DT mentions is raiding the litter tray is a collie, Finbarr is a cat. A baby gate will allow Finbarr through/over/under to access the litter tray, but not a collie.
    That's the whole point, you see? :)

• Advertisement

Beware you are not rearing the new Celtic Tiger!!

I've posted a few messages which have not appeared. Is there a Govt Censor attached to this bulletin board or am I hitting the wrong button?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

aonb wrote: »
    Dont mean to highjack this thread, but as a new_kitten_novice what does this mean?!?!?

This.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kitten_Huffing

On a serious note; damage, my cat is a bit like Tusk (and the be more dog cat from the O2 ads - indifferent til lunch)

He had some petting induced aggression to begin with, didn't really want to be around me unless there was food. I kept petting him and sitting next to him for a few minutes several times a day. He'll never be a typical lap cat but he tolerates much more interaction now, and frequently jumps up onto my lap for a quarter of an hour or so.

I've posted a few messages which have not appeared. Is there a Govt Censor attached to this bulletin board or am I hitting the wrong button?

Mod note: Hmmm... I can't see anything to suggest there's anything wrong at this end.. there is no censorship on this board unless people break the rules, so maybe it's a button at your end?:)
    If the problem persists, let me know and I'll forward it to the relevant people!

OMG. Did I say the wrong thing? Who are these relevant people? Do they know where I live?

OMG. Did I say the wrong thing? Who are these relevant people? Do they know where I live?

Yes. They're watching you now. They're everywhere.
    Sleep well :p

I don't have cats, but as has already been pointed out, it doesn't make any difference... as long as the cats can get through/over/under and the dogs can't. Izzy that DT mentions is raiding the litter tray is a collie, Finbarr is a cat. A baby gate will allow Finbarr through/over/under to access the litter tray, but not a collie.
    That's the whole point, you see? :)

Yes, sorry, You were making the point that you could mount the gate a bit higher for Finbar when there is really no need
    If a cat wants to get the other side of the gate he will and nothing will stop him

you see my point :rolleyes:
    :P

Great names:). Sneezy:D:D:D

Comes from a bout of cat flu & a then 2 year old ointing the names :D

Comes from a bout of cat flu & a then 2 year old ointing the names :D

I am on bended knee in honour of Sneezy:D. Its brilliant:D. We had a stray at home that invaded years ago:) and we called it Wallace, cos it was the wildest thing you ever seen and it reminded us of Braveheart:D:D:D. It eventually came into the house, but we were always a bit in fear of it:D. He was great though. My father used to tell him to roll over, and I swear he used to get down and roll over like a dog:D. All hail the moggies:D. Sorry for all the smiley faces. Sure its better than frowning:D

• Advertisement

. Roadhouseblues. Please don't put so many "smilies" in your post. I think they are watching me.

Advertisement