Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Had a quick look at this time last years thread to see for any mention of team value. Lemlin had a team worth 103 million at this stage after an early wildcard and I had a value of 101.7 prior to wildcarding. I currently have a team value of 101.2 after wildcarding . As we all have guessed its much harder to get price rises this year and with this in mind i think for the most part Ill be making my transfers on Fri evening from now on.
    Briefly looked through the thread and as usual its interesting looking back at things now that you know who things panned out.
    FHFC made his boards debut with his opening post.
    FutureGuys wildcard team was a 5 2 3 formation:eek: Granted it was at the time we were all in a panic about the new bps system and there had been a severe lack of goals the first couple of weeks.
    Swiper was knocking the Postman RVP saying his best days were in the past. Most of us ripped up our teams to wildcard him in and make him captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Had a quick look at this time last years thread to see for any mention of team value. Lemlin had a team worth 103 million at this stage and I had a value of 101.7 prior to wildcarding. I currently have a team value of 101.2 after wildcarding.

If you take out all your players, how much would you have in the bank,
    my team value is 100.4 with 0.4 in the bank, but taking all players all I have 99.9 to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had a quick look at this time last years thread to see for any mention of team value. Lemlin had a team worth 103 million at this stage and I had a value of 101.7 prior to wildcarding. I currently have a team value of 101.2 after wildcarding . As we all have guessed its much harder to get price rises this year and with this in mind i think for the most part Ill be making my transfers on Fri evening from now on.
    Briefly looked through the thread and as usual its interesting looking back at things now that you know who things panned out.
    FutureGuys wildcard team was a 5 2 3 formation:eek: Granted it was at the time we were all in a panic about the new bps system and there had been a severe lack of goals the first couple of weeks.
    Swiper was knocking the Postman RVP saying his best days were in the past. Most of us ripped up our teams to wildcard him in and make him captain.

yes I ruined my team this time
    last year to get rvp in.
    it took me till mid November and a few points hits to recover. cost me a few leagues :(

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If you take out all your players, how much would you have in the bank,
    my team value is 100.4 with 0.4 in the bank, but taking all players all I have 99.9 to play with.

100.4 if I take everyone out. Ive made .2 on siggy, .1 on fab, .1 on jovetic and avoided any price drops. To maintain team value it seems to be more important to sell before somebody drops rather than chasing price rises. Im thinking the only time Ill make an early transfer is if a player I want out is going to drop in price and not panic about price rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

100.4 if I take everyone out. Ive made .2 on siggy, .1 on fab, .1 on jovetic and avoided any price drops. To maintain team value it seems to be more important to sell before somebody drops rather than chasing price rises. Im thinking the only time Ill make an early transfer is if a player I want out is going to drop in price and not panic about price rises.
    But with it far more difficult to predict price drops this ye with inaccurate price sites its going to be tricky not to get caught out by the odd price drop.

• Advertisement

But with it far more difficult to predict price drops this ye with inaccurate price sites its going to be tricky not to get caught out by the odd price drop.

Oh ye forgot about that☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Shawcross up, Jagielka only noteworthy down. 8 nights gone, only 6 left, come on Rooney you can hold out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Had a quick look at this time last years thread to see for any mention of team value. Lemlin had a team worth 103 million at this stage after an early wildcard and I had a value of 101.7 prior to wildcarding. I currently have a team value of 101.2 after wildcarding . As we all have guessed its much harder to get price rises this year and with this in mind i think for the most part Ill be making my transfers on Fri evening from now on.

2,194 posts later..... :-0

(all on FSA)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd say there'd be some choice quotes pulled out if people started ploughing through old threads. I just had a look at one page from the gameweek 4 transfer thread from last year, included "I can't believe I went for Hazard instead of Ben Arfa"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yep I had ideas about CBs getting alot of points from bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I played 5 at the back once last season and got a full house of cs, a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Is it me or have all the price rise sites stayed still the last few days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

james123 wrote: »
    Is it me or have all the price rise sites stayed still the last few days

They don't know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

F1ngers wrote: »
    They don't know what's going on.

So is there any trusted source?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

james123 wrote: »
    So is there any trusted source?

No, not until they figure out the code.

Anichebe and Brunt (FCA) both went down. No one else of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Quite a bit of hope creeping in that Rooney is going to hold his value.

FPL statistics have him low 50%'s and he's only about 70th in line for a drop on TotalFPL.

Plenty of other disractions now for those that are making non wildcard transfers.

PARlance wrote: »
    Quite a bit of hope creeping in that Rooney is going to hold his value.

FPL statistics have him low 50%'s and he's only about 70th in line for a drop on TotalFPL.

Plenty of other disractions now for those that are making non wildcard transfers.

For non wildcarders looking to transfer Rooney out it must take a massive leap of faith to look at his next fixture and hit the button, Costa, Falcao or not. I'm damn sorry I brought him in for Costa last time round but I can't reverse it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

For non wildcarders looking to transfer Rooney out it must take a massive leap of faith to look at his next fixture and hit the button, Costa, Falcao or not. I'm damn sorry I brought him in for Costa last time round but I can't reverse it just yet.

That's nice to hear :)

I'm fairly hopeful that he will do well this weekend. Signing Falcao could just as well prove a positive as a negative for Rooney. I'm keeping positive anyway.
    (Because I have to ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I know all the sites are struggling for accuracy but whats the consensus on which site is the most accurate? I used totalfpl last season but it may well no longer be the best, what would people recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MR NINE wrote: »
    I know all the sites are struggling for accuracy but whats the consensus on which site is the most accurate? I used totalfpl last season but it may well no longer be the best, what would people recommend?

I think the consensus is that they're all pissing in the wind, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Have De Jong and looks like he's out for a few weeks. Only 1% ownership so does that make him more or less likely to drop do people think?

Dice75 wrote: »
    Have De Jong and looks like he's out for a few weeks. Only 1% ownership so does that make him more or less likely to drop do people think?

Get rid of him this week. A 7m midfielder isn't something you want to be sitting on. Assuming you'll end up playing a cheap makeweight instead the chances are high that you'll cover the four point loss and you won't need to worry about getting him out next week.
    I know that doesn't answer your question but I think it's mad to even consider keeping him to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Get rid of him this week. A 7m midfielder isn't something you want to be sitting on. Assuming you'll end up playing a cheap makeweight instead the chances are high that you'll cover the four point loss and you won't need to worry about getting him out next week.
    I know that doesn't answer your question but I think it's mad to even consider keeping him to find out.

Don't have to move him this week (Siggy/Mata/Eriksen/Sterling - Costa/Roo/Jovetic) & already used my FT to ship out Cameron. However I would like Jovetic & Costa (or at least one of them to play this weekend) or may have to take a 4 point hit. Holding onto WC till end of Sept to see how CL rotation plays out and also United situation / what injuries rack up elsewhere.

edit - on reflection, might take the 4pt hit and bring in Tadic as he has some favourable fixtures & who knows if Mata/Rooney will 100% start nevermind the Costa/Jovetic possible injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Dice75 wrote: »

Some people won't agree but I think low ownership players drop quicker. I'd class fer last season as being similiar to De Jong this year, and he dropped quickly on me last year.

It takes much less transfers out for him to drop and most people who own are likely to be activeplayers who'll get rid quick (and Newcastle fans). Whereas if someone like rooney gets injured it'll take so many transfers out for his price to drop and quite a lot of his owners will be casual players who won't get rid for weeks (if at all).

As Swiper said, I'd get rid asap - before this GW starts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

qwabercd wrote: »
    Some people won't agree but I think low ownership players drop quicker. I'd class fer last season as being similiar to De Jong this year, and he dropped quickly on me last year.

It takes much less transfers out for him to drop and most people who own are likely to be activeplayers who'll get rid quick (and Newcastle fans). Whereas if someone like rooney gets injured it'll take so many transfers out for his price to drop and quite a lot of his owners will be casual players who won't get rid for weeks (if at all).

As Swiper said, I'd get rid asap - before this GW starts anyway.

Agree 100%. I think the price drops are based on a percentage ownership drop. So the fewer owners that a player has then the fewer transfers out are needed.
    I dont think Rooney will drop either. Unless a lot of people take him out on the same day.

Edit: when costa dropped most of the transfers out were on the same day. I think it will mean that the more expensive players will be less likely to experience drops. Just a hunch

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If he's not protected, Welbeck could well go up after his goals for England tonight

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If he's not protected, Welbeck could well go up after his goals for England tonight

Seriously tempted by him, even if its just to make a few bob. But none of my transfers during this break have gone up enough for me to profit yet, so want to sit on them to see if they do go up. Dont want to get rid of Sturr for him either, as a long way off a drop according to Fiso and Total. Glad Welbeck isn't nearer a rise tonight as would really leave me scratching my head, but could be different this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Nothing of note happened last night, 2 fallers; Cameron & Rosenior. Really not much happening at all, it might pick up a bit later in the week once all the internationals are finsihed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney dropped. :(

Advertisement