Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

FHFC wrote: »
    Rooney dropped. :(

Watch him rise again when he bags a brace against QPR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Watch him rise again when he bags a brace against QPR

Is there a chance he could drop again? He's the fourth most transferred out player so far today.

It's now Wednesday and alot of transfer activity won't happen until Friday night/Saturday morning.

He also doesn't play until Sunday which is a disadvantage as some trigger happy people may pull him out Saturday when they get their new transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Shaw and Wilshire dropped also

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭dahat

8-10 wrote: »
    Shaw and Wilshire dropped also

Shaw is an interesting one for the rest of the season., what is he now? 5.7?

dahat wrote: »

5.8. Him and Luis are the players in that bracket that have yet to make an impact

• Advertisement

He's still more expensive than some of his United counterparts. I can't post links due to being a new poster but a number of reports have been printed by respected papers like The Times stating that Southampton had a tough time keeping his diet and fitness in check.

It looks like Southampton did well to keep this all private and get the fee they did for him.

The tabloids are also running reports that Danny Wellbeck has said they found him in his car eating a pastry at ten in the morning and that he's a bit too fond of Nandos.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets over this scrutiny but his United career is not starting well.

Pipjam wrote: »
    He's still more expensive than some of his United counterparts. I can't post links due to being a new poster but a number of reports have been printed by respected papers like The Times stating that Southampton had a tough time keeping his diet and fitness in check.

It looks like Southampton did well to keep this all private and get the fee they did for him.

The tabloids are also running reports that Danny Wellbeck has said they found him in his car eating a pastry at ten in the morning and that he's a bit too fond of Nandos.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets over this scrutiny but his United career is not starting well.

Christ, he won't last long with LVG if that is true, hope he does see the light and not the Anderson way to Nandos

8-10 wrote: »
    5.8. Him and Luis are the players in that bracket that have yet to make an impact

Still pricey so watching brief still.

Still pricey so watching brief still.

Yep plenty of better options at 5-5.5 range

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Here's hoping that Rooney goes on to destroy QPR in the same vain that Mata and Costa have both scored big in the last 2 Gameweeks despite being the most transferred out players.

The fickleness of FPL, Rooney scores 1 in 3 he is useless! Sturridge scores 1 in 3, he is a must have :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    Here's hoping that Rooney goes on to destroy QPR in the same vain that Mata and Costa have both scored big in the last 2 Gameweeks despite being the most transferred out players.

The fickleness of FPL, Rooney scores 1 in 3 he is useless! Sturridge scores 1 in 3, he is a must have :rolleyes:
    Who has said that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Is there a chance he could drop again? He's the fourth most transferred out player so far today.

It's now Wednesday and alot of transfer activity won't happen until Friday night/Saturday morning.

He also doesn't play until Sunday which is a disadvantage as some trigger happy people may pull him out Saturday when they get their new transfer.
    :confused:
    I don't get the reasoning there? People transferring him out after the gameweek deadline would be doing so for gw5. No relevance to gw4 whatsoever.

q2ice wrote: »
    :confused:
    I don't get the reasoning there? People transferring him out after the gameweek deadline would be doing so for gw5. No relevance to gw4 whatsoever.

My point is that by the time Rooney plays on Sunday he may have dropped another 0.1.

At 11.30 Saturday morning, people get a shiny new transfer. Some will inevitably jump the gun and have Rooney out before he even plays on Sunday.

Particularly if the likes of Aguero have a good game on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My point is that by the time Rooney plays on Sunday he may have dropped another .2.

At 11.30 Saturday morning, people get a shiny new transfer. Some will inevitably jump the gun and have Rooney out before he even plays on Sunday.

Particularly if the likes of Aguero have a good game on Saturday morning.

There have been rumours that transfers are reset to zero now at the beginning of each GW.... Which may or may not be the case, but if it is, it helps the above situation greatly.

Rooney has 1 in five from play if you include his two international games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dude seriously. Who is saying that? You seem to be making up the opinions of the community.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Dude seriously. Who is saying that? You seem to be making up the opinions of the community.

Not a majority opinion however there is plenty of discussion from some posters in the general thread about how sturridge was a good option despite having the same stats as Rooney this season and in the discourse of the same conversations Rooney is written off as a valid option for the next few weeks.

Rooney has underperformed, but so has sturridge but Sturridge is 1m more expensive which also makes him even worse value for money than Rooney. We then have someone use internationals to support this supposition but neglect to do the same thing for Sturridge. Adopting this irrelevant rationale, Sturridge has 1 in 4 and is injury prone and McGeady suddenly becomes a must have :eek:

Personally i wouldn't opt for either but i'm stuck with rooney for another week or two due to current strategy and based on fixtures there are a lot worse options at the moment.

As it's a community, a diverse range of opinions are covered, most probably all permutation of opinion therefore I could equally say something ridiculous such as some on here will think that Henderson is a must have and more than likely there could be someone somewhere lurking through this forum that would be in agreement that Henderson is indeed a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

did Guzan go up yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not a majority opinion however there is plenty of discussion from some posters in the general thread about how sturridge was a good option despite having the same stats as Rooney this season and in the discourse of the same conversations Rooney is written off as a valid option for the next few weeks.

Rooney has underperformed, but so has sturridge but Sturridge is 1m more expensive which also makes him even worse value for money than Rooney. We then have someone use internationals to support this supposition but neglect to do the same thing for Sturridge. Adopting this irrelevant rationale, Sturridge has 1 in 4 and is injury prone and McGeady suddenly becomes a must have :eek:

Personally i wouldn't opt for either but i'm stuck with rooney for another week or two due to current strategy and based on fixtures there are a lot worse options at the moment.

As it's a community, a diverse range of opinions are covered, most probably all permutation of opinion.

I could equally say something ridiculous such as some on here will think that Henderson is a must have and more than likely there could be someone somewhere lurking through this forum that would be in agreement that Henderson is indeed a must have.

The main reason players prefer Sturridge over Rooney is because United underperformed. They scored only 2 so far, Liverpool has scored 6.
    Sturridge is far from "must have" status.

wonski wrote: »
    The main reason players prefer Sturridge over Rooney is because United underperformed. They scored only 2 so far, Liverpool has scored 6.
    Sturridge is far from "must have" status.

Completely agree but the expectation that United would introduce 6 new players including the likes of Herrara, Falcao and Di Maria and hypothesizing that they will perform to a similarly low level is a complete fallacy.

I still think the fact that Sturridge only scored 1 from 6 speaks is another negative stroke against him. If anything i would prefer Sterling over Sturridge any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Completely agree but the expectation that United would introduce 6 new players including the likes of Herrara, Falcao and Di Maria and hypothesizing that they will perform to a similarly low level is a complete fallacy.

If there's one thing I've learned the hard way in FPL it's to not hold on to an underperforming player (or players from an underperforming team) in the expectancy that they should start to perform better. One of my resolutions this year was to dump a player if he's not performing (sounds like an obvious strategy, but I've been burned too often in the past by holding onto a player expecting him to improve).

From the little bit of I've seen of United, it's not the personel that's the problem, it's the system. So I've gotten rid of Rooney and Mata. Of course this may come back to haunt me! But I just don't see United improving magically this week.

As it's a community, a diverse range of opinions are covered, most probably all permutation of opinion therefore I could equally say something ridiculous such as some on here will think that Henderson is a must have and more than likely there could be someone somewhere lurking through this forum that would be in agreement that Henderson is indeed a must have.

Re internationals, they are often competitive games and are relevant. On threads we've had people ask how players like van Persie played for the Netherlands because they are indicative of form.

That's some answer to a one line question by the way. It would have been handier to just admit nobody has described Sturridge as "must have".

I was the main one advocating sturridge in the other thread cant recall anyone classifying sturridge as a must have . I argued that sturridge in his time at liverpool has the best goals record in the PL of any current player. I also pointed out to you that despite you saying that sturridge without suarez will lose his appeal that sturridge had 9 goals in 9 games prior to this season in the games without suarez. Sturridge had the best fixtures IMO in the game for the next 6 bar any other striker in the game. I also pointed out that I thought he was a great option for the next 6 games. I only look 6 games ahead when basing my transfer decisions.
    I just dont see why you choose Sturridge out of all the strikers you could pick on to say selling rooney for would make no sense. Rooney has had 260k transfers out sturridge has 13k in, falcao 145k in, costa 350k in, naismith 290k in, aguero 30k in, adeboyar 35k in. Practically nobody is buying sturridge for rooney so why make that comment.
    I then recall you also got very worked up about people selling mata for sterling I can only recall Lemlin doing this most on here were selling mata for siggy, fab and ramsey but it was the sale to sterling that bothered you.
    Im seeing a bit of a trend here with some of your stronger FF opinions and other throwaway comments.
    On rooney I had him at the start but sold him in my wildcard for RVP last gw as prior to the falcao signing I believed RVP to be the best UTD attacking option its all up in the air now.
    With sturridge it looks like he is injured so we will never know but as I pointed out the facts are based on his 18 months at liverpool he should be under consideration for our teams ahead of 6 gw fixtures of Villa, WHam, Everton, WBA, QPR, Hull.

I was the main one advocating sturridge in the other thread cant recall anyone classifying sturridge as a must have . I argued that sturridge in his time at liverpool has the best goals record in the PL of any current player. I also pointed out to you that despite you saying that sturridge without suarez will lose his appeal that sturridge had 9 goals in 9 games prior to this season in the games without suarez. Sturridge had the best fixtures IMO in the game for the next 6 bar any other striker in the game. I also pointed out that I thought he was a great option for the next 6 games. I only look 6 games ahead when basing my transfer decisions.
    I just dont see why you choose Sturridge out of all the strikers you could pick on to say selling rooney for would make no sense. Rooney has had 260k transfers out sturridge has 13k in, falcao 145k in, costa 350k in, naismith 290k in, aguero 30k in, adeboyar 35k in. Practically nobody is buying sturridge for rooney so why make that comment.
    I then recall you also got very worked up about people selling mata for sterling I can only recall Lemlin doing this most on here were selling mata for siggy, fab and ramsey but it was the sale to sterling that bothered you.
    Im seeing a bit of a trend here with some of your stronger FF opinions and other throwaway comments.
    On rooney I had him at the start but sold him in my wildcard for RVP last gw as prior to the falcao signing I believed RVP to be the best UTD attacking option its all up in the air now.
    With sturridge it looks like he is injured so we will never know but as I pointed out the facts are based on his 18 months at liverpool he should be under consideration for our teams ahead of 6 gw fixtures of Villa, WHam, Everton, WBA, QPR, Hull.

I was flummuxed at people selling Mata after one game. He then went on to score 10 points in the next game. Long term though i do think that Sterling is probably the right move i just disagreed with some on the timing of the transfer and my opinion was vindicated by the results.

Likewise i was flummuxed at the rush to ship out costa for the likes of Jovetic based on complete hearsey rumour. Again i was vindicated by his subsequent score. Likewise i am somewhat flummuxed by the thinking that Rooney is not a good option against QPR. I may be wrong and if so then 2 out of 3 projections is not bad but i feel he has a decent game in him against QPR so a transfer out is at least a week or two too early imo

I simply singled out Sturridge as his form is poor and he is about 1.5 overpriced imo. Talking of 18 months form is not relevant. Yaya was a beast last season but his form over the last 12 months is still not enough to make me even consider putting him in my team as his current form is poor and he is about 2m overpriced now. Previous form means very little. Current form and value for money means everything. On current form Sterling is looking very good and should be a strong consideration for everyone.

I have also noted in your purported pattern that you conveniently chose to ignore the costa example :rolleyes: Similarly i see a pattern in your projections about who are good options and who are not good options but that is neither hear not there, we are all entitled to opinion and only the end of year ranking will show where the balance of season long opinion is vindicated.

Anyway this line of conversation is more suited to the general thread rather than price change so i will close by stating that it is disappointing that Rooney dropped in value considering he has 2 tasty fixtures coming up but for the last few weeks the masses have been proved wrong as the most transferred out player has gone on to score double digits the following week so here's hoping that Rooney has a similarly big game against QPR although i feel even a big score won't be enough to get his value back up to 10.5

Amazingly Falcao still has not had his work permit approved and a lot of people are rushing to bring him in, most probably at the expense of Rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are these price sites any where near to cracking the code yet?

Guzan at 163.9%, Rising 1.4% today, with still no actual price rise.

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mint Sauce wrote: »

No.

I was flummuxed at people selling Mata after one game. He then went on to score 10 points in the next game. Long term though i do think that Sterling is probably the right move i just disagreed with some on the timing of the transfer and my opinion was vindicated by the results.

Likewise i was flummuxed at the rush to ship out costa for the likes of Jovetic based on complete hearsey rumour. Again i was vindicated by his subsequent score. Likewise i am somewhat flummuxed by the thinking that Rooney is not a good option against QPR. I may be wrong and if so then 2 out of 3 projections is not bad but i feel he has a decent game in him against QPR so a transfer out is at least a week or two too early imo

I simply singled out Sturridge as his form is poor and he is about 1.5 overpriced imo. Talking of 18 months form is not relevant. Yaya was a beast last season but his form over the last 12 months is still not enough to make me even consider putting him in my team as his current form is poor and he is about 2m overpriced now. Previous form means very little. Current form means everything. On current form Sterling is looking very good and should be a strong consideration for everyone.

I have also noted in your purported pattern that you conveniently chose to ignore the costa example :rolleyes: Similarly i see a pattern in your projections about who are good options and who are not good options but that is neither hear not there, we are all entitled to opinion and only the end of year ranking will show where the balance of season long opinion is vindicated.

!

You are totally contradicting yourself here about sturridge. Rooneys current form is poor both statistically and from a real football perspective . You wont see a pattern in my projections about who are good options or not. With Mata I pointed out that there was atleast 8 midfield options as good as him and sold mata for hazard after GW 1. Im not so sure you can call the holding mata one a success most that sold him have got in players that have outscored him over 2 gws. Those that transferred to sterling will more than likely have got a .5 swing in team value before the weekend. I had sterling from the start but sold him in my wildcard as I wanted sturridge as my liverpool coverage. My strategy is go with the player i feel will get the highest points for each team. At the time Sturridge Pool, RVP utd events of the last 10 days makes that unlikely over the next few weeks. Im posting on here 2 years and one thing I dont do is let team bias affect my team selection or posts its what I like about this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Guzan was to rise for the whole week according to these sites. They are nowhere near cracking the code.

I've been reading this forum for a good while and Iused2likebusts' opinion is one I would take note of.

I don't think he needs to vindicate it too much when his last 3 yearly finishes are 1k, 5k and 11k.

• Advertisement

I've been reading this forum for a good while and Iused2likebusts' opinion is one I would take note of.

I don't think he needs to vindicate it too much when his last 3 yearly finishes are 1k, 5k and 11k.

Is he a mate of yours? Curious that you happen to know his ranking

I agree he is a good player as are several others on here. Even good players disagree on strategy from time to time just like in the real managerial world. The key is to take on board advice from more than one source on this forum, weight it all up and decide what actions to take based on balanced consideration.

It's a dangerous tactic though to assume that because someone has a previously good ranking that they are in fallible

Advertisement