Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 1 Head to Head

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

So it's:

Gerry Hattricks: Ospina Wasi Terry Sanchez Larsson Giroud and Kane
    vs
    Locusts: Mignolet Morgan Bertrand Cazorla Young Lukaku and Benteke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tiebreaker is total points scored right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SantryRed wrote: »
    Tiebreaker is total points scored right?

Yes, which makes me sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dahat wrote: »
    Yes, which makes me sad.

Makes me happy :D

Now to have the top points in the league!

holding on to league 1 status by just 1 point at half time..... ill have no finger nails left at 90 mins

• Advertisement

Confined to League 1 status again next season

Disappointed...

Looks like ive drawn.... unless kane gets a bonus point im down

Sickening...horrible way to go down.

Kane got a bp, that saved you yeah??

Looks like I finish 4th, worst place to finish really

a 38-37 win for me over Locusts sees me survive in FSA League 1 for another season.
    Only for Kane getting a single bonus point i would be gone.

Commiserations Whattawastamoney, Ag Imirt Pelle and Wat' Schlupp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Finishing in top 25k yet still get relegated. What a load of ****:(:mad::P Il be back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Ended up 2nd, delighted to get the promotion, 2 H2H leagues I entered this year, this and the boards pay H2H, finished 2nd here and won the pay one, maybe I should stick to H2H leagues next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

Gutted. Can't complain though as it's been a miserable season. Congrats to those promoted. A big effort required from me next season to get back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So, after an eventful first year, the following 20 people have qualified for the FSA League 1 15/16. Congrats to Biscuits1988, AdPro and SantryRed.

Greensausage
    Aha Shake
    Santi101
    Dahat
    Mhaigheo
    Itsnotmyfault
    Captain Bob
    Mr Prodston
    Hackers
    ItsChecoTime
    Deadlineday
    Scorpion Sting
    Kilburn
    MonkstownHoop
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    Finnharpsboy
    Inishgael
    Wonski
    F1ngers
    Sanket

The order of next in line:
    Christy Browne
    Fowler87
    Copper_pipe
    $hifty
    The Neon Knight

The same process will follow as last year in terms of signup. I'll send you a PM in the few days after the website goes up for the new season and you'll have until midnight July 31st to signup. August 1st-8th will be spent filling up any attrition so no late applications will be entertained.

Last year, because it was the first year, I did that extra bit of admin to help people get used to it (not everyone understood their team ID etc). This year I'll have to be a bit stricter instead of spending so much time collating people's details they didn't include, or PMing people to let them know they have to signup in thread too.

To be clear everyone has to signup both in thread (including their teamname and team ID. This MUST be included) and forum. Sign up early to avoid any catastrophes on the final night of the application. I don't wanna have to be a dick an refuse people.

Obviously, this year was the acid test, so if anyone didn't really find themselves to have an interest this year and isn't bothered taking part next year or would prefer to save the spots for leagues with big prizes, can you let me know early and I can pass those places onto the next in line? Its no problem and some people were always going to take to the idea more than others.

Lastly, we had 1 or 2 prizes (due to the highly impressive work of finnharpsboy), and if anyone has any ability to arrange any this year, that would be incredibly appreciated. The only thing I'd insist on is that the size of each league's prizepool is proportionate to the hierarchy of the league. Ie. The prizepool for the Premier League has to be higher than the Championship, and so on and so on, because otherwise the hierarchy doesn't work then and its just 4 random leagues.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll post further updates if I suddenly realise at 4 in the morning that I forgot something super important, any feedback is as always more than welcome,

CSF

Im already working on trying to get a couple of proper prizes for next year, better than this years, hopefully it will be good news when next season starts :)

Im already working on trying to get a couple of proper prizes for next year, better than this years, hopefully it will be good news when next season starts :)
    How would you feel about looking after and deciding on the split of the prizepools for each league next year? Nobody more suitable IMO.

CSF wrote: »
    How would you feel about looking after and deciding on the split of the prizepools for each league next year? Nobody more suitable IMO.

There might not be too much to split :pac: I'm happy to help anyway that's needed/wanted :)

Amended FSA League 1 for next year

Aha Shake
    Santi101
    Dahat
    Mhaigheo
    Itsnotmyfault
    Captain Bob
    Mr Prodston
    Hackers
    ItsChecoTime
    Deadlineday
    Scorpion Sting
    Kilburn
    MonkstownHoop
    Mike Ehrmantraut
    Finnharpsboy
    Inishgael
    Wonski
    F1ngers
    Sanket
    Christy Browne

The order of next in line:
    Fowler87
    Copper_pipe
    $hifty
    The Neon Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Looking down through the list it's going to be a very tough competitive league again this season.

However gets promoted will have earned it

kilburn wrote: »
    Looking down through the list it's going to be a very tough competitive league again this season.

However gets promoted will have earned it

I don't fancy another final day relegation cliffhanger..... hopefully i have promotion all sewn up by Easter :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mr.P does not intend to go walkabout between January and April this season and leave the chasing pack back in.

I'm winning it this time yo, and you can print that :cool:

Mr.P does not intend to go walkabout between January and April this season and leave the chasing pack back in.

I'm winning it this time yo, and you can print that :cool:

:cool: Double defeat to my gerry hattricks might cost you again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:cool: Double defeat to my gerry hattricks might cost you again :D

Always have to help a brother out, couldn't let you get relegated :P

Lastly, we had 1 or 2 prizes and if anyone has any ability to arrange any this year, that would be incredibly appreciated. The only thing I'd insist on is that the size of each league's prizepool is proportionate to the hierarchy of the league. Ie. The prizepool for the Premier League has to be higher than the Championship, and so on and so on, because otherwise the hierarchy doesn't work then and its just 4 random leagues.

CSF

Been working on prizes again and as CSF has been made aware ive managed to get €200.

If anyone else gets prizes we can decide then how to divide the prizepool

Always have to help a brother out, couldn't let you get relegated :P

I suppose i might have to repay that favour this season :P:P

Not gotten over my failure last season.

With new blood coming in I hope to bring my team to promotion this season.

With new a season comes a change of personnel and name too.

Congrats to dahat who has gone up to the FSA Championship and therefore won't be in this league. Congrats to Fowler87 who will take his place. Copper_pipe is next in line so make sure you keep space in that PM inbox this time ;) 15 places already claimed so plus Fowler87 means we're waiting on 4 more to join.

Congrats to dahat who has gone up to the FSA Championship and therefore won't be in this league. Congrats to Fowler87 who will take his place. Copper_pipe is next in line so make sure you keep space in that PM inbox this time ;) 15 places already claimed so plus Fowler87 means we're waiting on 4 more to join.

Keep them coming, im going to beat them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I'm back:cool: In fairness I was robbed few times last season:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Will there be new threads created for each league or do we keep using the same ones?

Advertisement