Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    That's because it's only for schools who lack the resources to offer both subjects individually.

Or where there isn't the student interest to make two full separate classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Consonata

What is everybody doing subjects wise? is anybody doing any subjects outside school?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Consonata wrote: »
    What is everybody doing subjects wise? is anybody doing any subjects outside school?

Im going to be doing arabic outside school

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Princessk98x

I'm doing all higher level English, irish, maths, chem, biology, accounting, French and I'm doing music outside of school :) is forced to do lcvp in my school for fifth yr but I'll probably give it up come sixth year.
    I'm just after completing my jc this year with 12 subjects which was so draining! I hope I got on well.
    I go to a public school and I love it so much, opting out of Ty just because I'm too goal driven and motivated by learning .. <3 I've no problems with private schools and ok they may be points driven but it's true that so many people get loads of grinds that go to public school so schools are just like that :) roll on 5y

FifaPlaya wrote:

Wow, Cool! where are you learning it? Or is it your native language?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

I'm doing all higher level English, irish, maths, chem, biology, accounting, French and I'm doing music outside of school :) is forced to do lcvp in my school for fifth yr but I'll probably give it up come sixth year.
    I'm just after completing my jc this year with 12 subjects which was so draining! I hope I got on well.
    I go to a public school and I love it so much, opting out of Ty just because I'm too goal driven and motivated by learning .. <3 I've no problems with private schools and ok they may be points driven but it's true that so many people get loads of grinds that go to public school so schools are just like that :) roll on 5y

What do you want to do after school?

kb98 wrote: »
    What do you want to do after school?

I think I'd like psychology or primary teaching or something in health like dietician or o.c :)
    What do you think you'll do?

I think I'd like psychology or primary teaching or something in health like dietician or o.c :)
    What do you think you'll do?

Medicine :)

Medicine :)

Everyone tells me I should do medicine and it's such an amazing course from what I've heard of people who do it but I'm squeamish as hell . As well as that, it's not something I can picture myself doing. You'll love it

Everyone tells me I should do medicine and it's such an amazing course from what I've heard of people who do it but I'm squeamish as hell . As well as that, it's not something I can picture myself doing. You'll love it

Yeah i hope so!

• Advertisement

Yeah i hope so!

Did you do Ty?

Did you do Ty?

Yeah, got a really good jc but didnt really feel i was ready for 5th year, now i feel more mature and can't wait to go back

Yeah, got a really good jc but didnt really feel i was ready for 5t year, now i feel more mature and can't wait to go back

That's really great :) my twin brother is doing Ty which is weird as it's the first time we'll be split even though we attend different secondary schools anyway..
    I'm excited to go back but I'm afraid I've gone rusty over the summer due to lack of revision but there's not much I can do .... Totally new cycle for me ... Scary

That's really great :) my twin brother is doing Ty which is weird as it's the first time we'll be split even though we attend different secondary schools anyway..
    I'm excited to go back but I'm afraid I've gone rusty over the summer due to lack of revision but there's not much I can do .... Totally new cycle for me ... Scary

Im afraid I've one rusty over the last year haha :(
    We'll be fine, just have to put in the work :D

Im afraid I've one rusty over the last year haha :(
    We'll be fine, just have to put in the work :D

Yeah :) might as well enjoy the last of our holidays and start afresh next week

Yeah :) might as well enjoy the last of our holidays and start afresh next week

12 days left :o

12 days left :o

I go back 28th....

I go back 28th....

Haha 29th for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I wish I had a twin! You're so lucky Princess! :o

I start school on the 28th :D

I wish I had a twin! You're so lucky Princess! :o

I start school on the 28th :D

Being a twin isn't all it's cracked up to be, not that I'd change it :) he's always got my back!
    I love being called a princess ..... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Advertisement

Being a twin isn't all it's cracked up to be, not that I'd change it :) he's always got my back!
    I love being called a princess ..... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Explains that username of yours :p

Explains that username of yours :p

How original am I :)

How original am I :)

Let me guess, you were born in 1998? :rolleyes:

Consonata wrote: »
    Wow, Cool! where are you learning it? Or is it your native language?

No its not my native language and i am looking for a tutor

Is everybody excited about goin into the leaving cert cycle or dreading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

FifaPlaya wrote: »

I'm kinda excited, was getting bored towards the end of TY of doing nothing academic but still having to go to class! Hopefully I'll still have that attitude by the end of September! What about yourself?! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hi everyone,

I'm Darragh from Carlow :)

Starting 5th year in 9 days :o

Have to say the fact I'm at this stage in school is more daunting than study but anyway..

I'm doing
    HL Irish,English,Geography,History,Business,German and Biology.
    OL Maths

Just need to get off to a good start and I should be fine :)

Good luck to all of you!

Hi Darragh nice to meet you! ;)

So grateful we're always out at 1:05 on Fridays...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

To give ye a little info on meself! Haha. Well currently doing 7 HL maths, irish, English, German, business, economics, biology and planning on taking up music cos my school has **** options and I had to chose before the junior cert! (We had an unfairly academic TY) Really want to do music and then pass irish cos who needs 8 HL subjects! Parents aren't too fond on it though! Don't like biology really like businessy stuff! Since we have done an academic TY we have around 10-15 chapters in each subject done! Crazy unfair? Gluck to ye all ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I know a few words of Arabic! Mostly swears but still!... (Thank you Saudi Arabian friend ;))

a7a, abouk 5ra :pac:

• Advertisement

Im super excited actually. I really want to get stuck in and start making notes and getting organized. I dunno if its just me? :L

Advertisement