Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Io parlo po' l'italiano e studio al scula! :D

Irish also, and Lithuanian is a possibility (native language) and hoping to do Japanese but I'd probably let that idea fly past.

Italian is not even an option in my school!

Only German and French, and Spanish in TY.

Do ye know any Lithuanian? That sounds interesting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

Nice to see a few familiar names from the third year OT :D So yeah, I'm doing:
    Irish
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    German
    Geography
    Business
    Economics
    I'm one of the few not going for medicine (haha) and I'm probably going to do BIS in UCC :) My username is my old Stardoll name but I'll keep it for the lolz.
    Can't wait to start complaining about fifth year with ye! :)

Nice to see a few familiar names from the third year OT :D So yeah, I'm doing:
    Irish
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    German
    Geography
    Business
    Economics
    I'm one of the few not going for medicine (haha) and I'm probably going to do BIS in UCC :) My username is my old Stardoll name but I'll keep it for the lolz.
    Can't wait to start complaining about fifth year with ye! :)

Let the complaining begin...

I'm back on the 26th :(

I think I'm going to cry at the thoughts of being back!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

I'd love an Irish exemption!

Don't like the language at all.

Would also love to learn Arabic myself but in reality what use would I have for it?

Chinese be it Mandarin, Shanghainese or Cantonese is spoken by over 1 billion people so I can really see a demand for that growing.

Really hard to know though.

I would loved to do Business in German or Business in Chinese even.

Arabic can only be used to make ur cv unique and i am only doing it cuz i can read it and know limited words

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

In relation to the IBYE competition, why would they hold the BootCamp on the Friday and Saturday, when its for under 30s so most would have school or work? Makes no sense to me, and you must attend both so i guess that rules me out. So annoying qualifying for the next stage and then for this to happen

• Advertisement

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Arabic can only be used to make ur cv unique and i am only doing it cuz i can read it and know limited words

You're lucky!

I know a few words but only in the written internet chat.

Wouldn't have a clue in actual Arabic writing though.

You're lucky!

I know a few words but only in the written internet chat.

Wouldn't have a clue in actual Arabic writing though.

Can only write alphabet but cant do joint writing in arabic

kb98 wrote: »
    7 As, 2 Bs and 1 C all HL :) we didnt have any tests really this year

Snap exact same results :P I missed having an OT, the TY forum was pretty dead :)

Snap exact same results :P I missed having an OT, the TY forum was pretty dead :)

Haha yay! :) what do to want to do after school?

Oh you already said BIS... Haha

• Advertisement

Oh you already said BIS... Haha

I might change my mind though, I was set on law for ages! How about you?

I might change my mind though, I was set on law for ages! How about you?

Medicine :) Hope i get it its so good

Medicine :) Hope i get it its so good

I'd love to do medicine just to say I was doing medicine but I know I'd be terrible at it :P

I'd love to do medicine just to say I was doing medicine but I know I'd be terrible at it :P

Hahaha yeah I'd say loads of people do it just for that :D how many points is BIS?

Hahaha yeah I'd say loads of people do it just for that :D how many points is BIS?

It's around 440 :) I'd say the points will go up this year though since everyone talks about how easy it is to get a job after studying it :P

It's around 440 :) I'd say the points will go up this year though since everyone talks about how easy it is to get a job after studying it :P

I see you like suits from a previous post! Such a good show!! :D yeah but based on your jc you can easily get that tbh

I see you like suits from a previous post! Such a good show!! :D yeah but based on your jc you can easily get that tbh

It's an amaaaazing show :D I have to start the new season :) yeah I'm pretty confident I will... Like it'll be first choice bis second choice international law which is like 545 hahaha

It's an amaaaazing show :D I have to start the new season :) yeah I'm pretty confident I will... Like it'll be first choice bis second choice international law which is like 545 hahaha

Is that the one in ucc where you can go to like china for a year?
    I will just have like 2 or 3 medicines on my list and then a few general biology courses from like No.3-10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

Basically it is Medicine or I repeat, because I can't afford to transfer from general Sci or do it abroad. It stinks, but it makes sense cash wise.

Consonata wrote: »
    Basically it is Medicine or I repeat, because I can't afford to transfer from general Sci or do it abroad. It stinks, but it makes sense cash wise.

Pretty much the same here, i think i can get 560-585 so with a solid hpat i should get a place but the competition is so high i will just have to wait and see, really just banking on the hpat not being as hard as everyone says it is :/

• Advertisement

Is that the one in ucc where you can go to like china for a year?
    I will just have like 2 or 3 medicines on my list and then a few general biology courses from like No.3-10

Yup, you can go to America too :) that's nearly exactly what courses my cousin put down but she ended up getting her first choice :)

Yup, you can go to America too :) that's nearly exactly what courses my cousin put down but she ended up getting her first choice :)

Where is she doing it?

Where is she doing it?

It's either DCU or Trinity I'm not too sure :) am I the only one who feels like it's me getting their course offer in the morning? I'm going to be a nervous wreck this time two years :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Princessk98x

It's either DCU or Trinity I'm not too sure :) am I the only one who feels like it's me getting their course offer in the morning? I'm going to be a nervous wreck this time two years :P

It's scary to think that it's so close to our own college lives !

It's scary to think that it's so close to our own college lives !

I know! I mean I was fairly nervous for the JC results (seems stupid now) so waiting to see if studying for six years had pay off is going to cause a mental breakdown :P

I know! I mean I was fairly nervous for the JC results (seems stupid now) so waiting to see if studying for six years had pay off is going to cause a mental breakdown :P

I'm getting mine next month and I'm so scared :( (didn't do Ty) I hope I did as well as I tried :( I don't want to let anyone down

I'm getting mine next month and I'm so scared :( (didn't do Ty) I hope I did as well as I hope ... I don't want to let anyone down

Same here

Same here

10th of September ..... Ahhhh :( it'll be fine maybe

10th of September ..... Ahhhh :( it'll be fine maybe

Hopefully but it'll be awkward for me to return to my old school to pick up the results

• Advertisement

Hopefully but it'll be awkward for me to return to my old school to pick up the results

That'll be awkward but only for a few mins :) how many others in the country are in the same predicament :) you'll be grand .

Advertisement