Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 airbuspilot

kb98 wrote: »
    What do you want to do?

Become a pilot. But I will probably do commerce or accounting in uni first.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Become a pilot. But I will probably do commerce or accounting in uni first.

I'd love to be a pilot, just afraid it would become automated/lack of jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Anyone thinking of doing the young scientist this year? I always wanted to do it, but was always too late to think of an idea/ write up a plan! :( Hopefully this year will be the year!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Anyone thinking of doing the young scientist this year? I always wanted to do it, but was always too late to think of an idea/ write up a plan! :( Hopefully this year will be the year!:D

I think it'd be too much hassle. Wouldn't want to risk slacking on the LC stuff, so I think I'd just concentrate on that - but feel free to tell me your idea ;).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I wanted to be a vet since I can remember but I had to take my dog to get a mini operation about a year or two ago and the blood....

That's that option gone, don't like blood :pac:

I wanna do something computer related no though, no clue really.

• Advertisement

I'd love to be a pilot, just afraid it would become automated/lack of jobs

I don't think thats much of a problem to be honest. Its still the best job in the world although it will take a lot of money and time.

:) i have an idea!!! Will defo enter but afraid it will interupt study, should have done it last year but dodnt know it was on until it was too late

I don't think thats much of a problem to be honest. Its still the best job in the world although it will take a lot of money and time.

Yeah it's so expensive

I wanted to be a vet since I can remember but I had to take my dog to get a mini operation about a year or two ago and the blood....

I dissected a rat, and was the only one in my group who enjoyed it... :pac:

Yeah it's so expensive
    But its still not impossible

• Advertisement

But its still not impossible

True

I dissected a rat, and was the only one in my group who enjoyed it... :pac:

Really?....

I can't even... That's so disgusting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone know if English and a language are required for lots of courses.
    These are the subjects I am doing.
    Englsh,maths,biology,chemistry,business,italian,ag science and economics outside school.
    All HL.
    Thats 8 subjects.
    I hate languages and English as much as most hate Irish here.
    I just dont have a passion or interest in it, especially languages.
    My plan is to see how much I get in my summer and christmas exam and then drop to O level.
    I will not be studying for english and italian for my lc so it be just a week vefore studying as I plan to do very good on my other subjects which I love.
    In my summer Ty I got.
    Maths A1
    Chemistry B3
    Business B3
    Geog A1(swapped for biology this year)
    Italian F( I done no study at all for this, apart from just before the exams, same story with my JC, I did HL and done no study but did oral and got D)
    We got no English exam but for my JC I go lt a HL D in it with no study at all and I just did 5Qs. From both 2 papers combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Isn't vetinaray just as hard as medicine! :)

:) i have an idea!!! Will defo enter but afraid it will interupt study, should have done it last year but dodnt know it was on until it was too late

I'm just trying to get as many 'secondary school experiences' as I can before I get into 6th year! I've no idea at the minute but I'm really trying to think hard about it :D

Anyone know if English and a language are required for lots of courses.
    These are the subjects I am doing.
    Englsh,maths,biology,chemistry,business,italian,ag science and economics outside school.
    All HL.
    Thats 8 subjects.
    I hate languages and English as much as most hate Irish here.
    I just dont have a passion or interest in it, especially languages.
    My plan is to see how much I get in my summer and christmas exam and then drop to O level.
    I will not be studying for english and italian for my lc so it be just a week vefore studying as I plan to do very good on my other subjects which I love.
    In my summer Ty I got.
    Maths A1
    Chemistry B3
    Business B3
    Geog A1(swapped for biology this year)
    Italian F( I done no study at all for this, apart from just before the exams, same story with my JC, I did HL and done no study but did oral and got D)
    We got no English exam but for my JC I go lt a HL D in it with no study at all and I just did 5Qs. From both 2 papers combined.

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=16

This link will come in handy. Just search for the courses you're interested in, click on them, and then check the SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Does anyone know what they want to do after school yet?

Computer science

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=16

This link will come in handy. Just search for the courses you're interested in, click on them, and then check the SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS.

I have not made my mind up yet what I want to do.
    I always thought that you had an option of just waiting until you get your points and then pick a course from that.
    But looks like you have pick way beforehand.
    I am thinking of science (med,dentistry,etc) business or technology related.

Maybe consider computer scienxe

I'm just trying to get as many 'secondary school experiences' as I can before I get into 6th year! I've no idea at the minute but I'm really trying to think hard about it :D

Im considering entering, i got into the regional finals of IBYE 2014 but i can't o to the BootCamp because its on a Friday and i have school so pretty sure i have to drop out :(

• Advertisement

Im considering entering, i got into the regional finals of IBYE 2014 but i can't o to the BootCamp because its on a Friday and i have school so pretty sure i have to drop out :(

Aww! that sucks! :( I don't mind missing Fridays that much in my school because school ends early on a Friday (1:50) So we have less classes therefore missing less work! :D

What languages (if any) are people doing?

I'm doing German and of course Irish.

Did Chinese for a bit in TY and loved it, very hard to find a teacher in my area though.

Aww! that sucks! :( I don't mind missing Fridays that much in my school because school ends early on a Friday (1:50) So we have less classes therefore missing less work! :D

I haven't missed a day yet in secondary school, and don't want to start now :)
    As much as I'd love to continue with the competition i don't think i can :(

Did Chinese for a bit in TY and loved it, very hard to find a teacher in my area though.

German and Arabic and of course English. Got an Irish exemption

Io parlo po' l'italiano e studio al scula! :D

Irish also, and Lithuanian is a possibility (native language) and hoping to do Japanese but I'd probably let that idea fly past.

Ah someone else gets a half day on Fridays I see! :pac:

I get out at 1:05pm, earliest of any school in my area.

Anyone else get half days on Friday? :rolleyes:

Ah someone else gets a half day on Fridays I see! :pac:

I get out at 1:05pm, earliest of any school in my area.

Anyone else get half days on Friday? :rolleyes:

Wednesday at 13.15

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Half day on Friday! 1 o clock on Wednesday over here! Breaks up the week

I finish at 12:30 on Wednesday and 3:30 on Friday (15mins early!).

• Advertisement

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    German and Arabic and of course English. Got an Irish exemption

I'd love an Irish exemption!

Don't like the language at all.

Would also love to learn Arabic myself but in reality what use would I have for it?

Chinese be it Mandarin, Shanghainese or Cantonese is spoken by over 1 billion people so I can really see a demand for that growing.

Really hard to know though.

I would loved to do Business in German or Business in Chinese even.

Advertisement