Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

That'll be awkward but only for a few mins :) how many others in the country are in the same predicament :) you'll be grand .

Yea ill have to look on the bright side

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Medicine dropped so much this year! Wish i was doing it this year, would have got in probably

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Princessk98x

kb98 wrote: »
    Medicine dropped so much this year! Wish i was doing it this year, would have got in probably

What did it drop to? :)

What did it drop to? :)

Nuig dropped from 739 to 721

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I've been looking through some LC biology notes (maybe try get a head start ;)) and honestly, it looks easy. I read through a few chapters, and I remember everything (except the exact spelling of the VERY LONG words). My brain somehow manages to understand all these processes that happen, it just clicks for me. My teacher is a very good science teacher :).

Nothing like a small confidence boost for Leaving Cert biology :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

I've been looking through some LC biology notes (maybe try get a head start ;)) and honestly, it looks easy. I read through a few chapters, and I remember everything (except the exact spelling of the VERY LONG words). My brain somehow manages to understand all these processes that happen, it just clicks for me. My teacher is a very good science teacher :).

Nothing like a small confidence boost for Leaving Cert biology :D

What you have started studying.......I havent even lifted a pen all summer :rolleyes:

coolerboy wrote: »
    What you have started studying.......I havent even lifted a pen all summer :rolleyes:

Not studying :rolleyes: it was reading, but I was generally curious on the chapters ... so I guess my brain naturally absorbed the information because it's super interesting ;).

Not studying :rolleyes: it was reading, but I was generally curious on the chapters ... so I guess my brain naturally absorbed the information because it's super interesting ;).

Ohh right :L
    I haven't even got my books yet....

Thats what im doin with geography

Ohh right :L
    I haven't even got my books yet....

Same here. I wouldn't recommend people to 'learn off the book'. The method is too old school and time consuming, not to mention not everything in the book is examined.

• Advertisement

Anyways who is going to 5th year from 3rd or did youse do ty

I did TY, don't regret it :D.

I skipped ty

Same here. I wouldn't recommend people to 'learn off the book'. The method is too old school and time consuming, not to mention not everything in the book is examined.

Yeah thats right :rolleyes:

I skipped it but I regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Came from TY! I absolutely loved it, got so many great experiences from it, but it was academically boring so I'm looking forward to 5th year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Anyone here hoping to do veterinary in ucd? (Or abroad?)

True

sotisme wrote: »

Nahh looking to do medicine or pharmacy in Scotland

Nahh looking to do medicine or pharmacy in Scotland

Why Scotland? I'm curious.

• Advertisement

sotisme wrote: »

I'm going for med but i presume they are similar enough ;)

Education is free in scotland

For the people from ty did youse do good on your junior and how did it feel when u went to get ur results cause im getting mine in a few weeks and im terrified

As fifaplaya said third level education is free for eu students.im thinking of going to St . Andrews

For the people from ty did youse do good on your junior and how did it feel when u went to get ur results cause im getting mine in a few weeks and im terrified

7 As 2 Bs 1 C all HL, tbh i completely forgot about it until we went back and everyone brought it up.
    Kind of scary getting the envelope but otherwise its fine :)

Feeling the same about gettin my results

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Education is free in scotland
    I didn't know that :eek: does that apply for foreign students as well?

From memory, I got:
    1 A (Science)
    5 B (CSPE, Religion, History, Geography, Maths)
    3 C (Italian, Home Ec, English)
    1 D (Irish)

All higher except CSPE.

To be honest, I was very disappointed with my JC, I did WAY better on my mocks, but I've moved on.

kb98 wrote: »
    7 As 2 Bs 1 C all HL, tbh i completely forgot about it until we went back and everyone brought it up.
    Kind of scary getting the envelope but otherwise its fine :)

Ohh s*it thats class now im even more nervous :L

Ohh s*it thats class now im even more nervous :L

Id probably not get that and it gets me more nervous

• Advertisement

I didn't know that :eek: does that apply for foreign students as well?

From memory, I got:
    1 A (Science)
    4 B (CSPE, Religion, History, Geography)
    3 C (Italian, Home Ec, English)
    1 D (Irish)

All higher except CSPE.

To be honest, I was very disappointed with my JC, I did WAY better on my mocks, but I've moved on.

Its just the jc it doesnt mean anything tbh im aiming for 6 as in maths science cspe t.g technology and geo

Advertisement