Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adrianocp

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I didn't know.. I'm here just for 3 years and haven´t bought anything before my Nexus 9.

The nexus 5 was here. I presume that we can have hope to see Nexus 6 here. And, looking at nexus 6 page (www . google . com/nexus/6) it shows that it´s available here..

I think it's just a question of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

any one here having probs with hangouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

And it's dog slow on my Nexus 6!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Is 2 hours and 45 minutes of screen on time normal with the device?

Ambient display off
    Auto brightness on but at lowest setting
    2 email accounts syncing to device
    Android Wear connected
    Wifi on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

dmcg90 wrote:

dmcg90 wrote:
    Ambient display off Auto brightness on but at lowest setting 2 email accounts syncing to device Android Wear connected Wifi on

dmcg90 wrote:

dmcg90 wrote:
    Ambient display off Auto brightness on but at lowest setting 2 email accounts syncing to device Android Wear connected Wifi on

dmcg90 wrote:

dmcg90 wrote:

dmcg90 wrote:

A bit poor I'd say, I usually get around 4 hours with ambient display on, auto brightness off, Ok Google detection on (even when the screen is off), lte all during day time and wifi at night.

moggser wrote:
    any one here having probs with hangouts

I do, I disabled hangouts but still get "hangouts has stopped" message at least once a day.

Anyone has the on-body detection appears in smart lock? I got it, it seems handy.

Guys...

Just letting everyone knows, the Nexus 6 is available at Google Play Ireland. I just bought mine.

€599 32GB
    €649 64GB.

Midnight Blue or Cloud White available.

Run!!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Play Newsstand??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

madmoe wrote: »
    Play Newsstand??

https://play.google.com/store/newsstand

Google Play Newsstand, discover more of the news and magazines that you care about all in one app on your Android tablet or phone. Enjoy breaking news and in-depth articles featuring audio, video and more. From sports, business, cooking, entertainment, fashion and more – now get both free and paid news plus subscribe to vibrant full HD magazines, all in one place. With hundreds of premier publishers – it’s all there, easy to follow, read and share.
    * All in one - With one app and one tap, you have access to free and premium content from news, magazines, blogs and more.
    * Enjoy Read Now - Start reading right away with a home screen that quickly learns what you’re into and highlights that adapt to your interests over time.
    * Explore - Dig into categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more and subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
    * Go Offline - Access any news edition, topic or magazine offline without missing a page. Bookmark news stories that you don't have time to read for later.tore/newsstand

Well.. I told that Google would bring N6 to Ireland... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Lads after looking around I've narrowed it down to this or the Galaxy S6.

How do people find this? Battery life and camera especially?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

So disappointed that Google are charging through the roof for this again for this model. Last few models were mid range price wise but performance is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Mourinho wrote: »
    Lads after looking around I've narrowed it down to this or the Galaxy S6.

How do people find this? Battery life and camera especially?

There's a big difference in screen size between the N6 (2 handed operation for sure) and S6. Touch wiz has been calmed down a lot but N6 has the advantage of guaranteed 100% pure android and fast updates.
    I've got a oneplus one and had a play around with a S6 and S6 edge a couple of days ago. Found the screen too small and while the edge looks nice it's not worth the extra money for what is essentially a gimmick. If I was going to go Samsung which I probably won't I'd wait for the next gen Note. LG G4 will be out soon too.

Thanks dig :)

What are people getting for battery life on screen time especially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

It took them long enough, I was looking forward to the release but when I saw the price and the availability I decided to start looking elsewhere, opted for OnePlus one 64gb cost me €318 delivered. Perfect size and price, getting 36 hrs from single charge.
    I loved my N5 but N6 just too big may as well carry the N7 around for the day. Don't waste your money.

Just received mine. From the moment I turned it on it has this long kinda static sound after each button press and when I went to try the camera the app hangs on a black screen with the camera logo, great just bloody great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

Just received mine. From the moment I turned it on it has this long kinda static sound after each button press and when I went to try the camera the app hangs on a black screen with the camera logo, great just bloody great.

Send it straight back, probably a dud.

Dwalsh58 wrote: »
    Send it straight back, probably a dud.

I don't suppose you'd have a link for who I email? Google or Motorola? Bought from irish Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I don't suppose you'd have a link for who I email? Google or Motorola? Bought from irish Play Store.

Well then your business should be with Irish Play Store?

I might steer away from this also & wait for the One Plus Two but I dunno if I can wait that long, supposed to be out in Autumn :(

robo wrote: »
    Well then your business should be with Irish Play Store?

I might steer away from this also & wait for the One Plus Two but I dunno if I can wait that long, supposed to be out in Autumn :(

Thanks I'm gonna check their Irish site for a returns email now.

It's a pity you know cause it's a lovely device and all :( holds like the 1+ I find while its a bigger screen its slimmer towards the bottom so is easy to grasp.

Ok good news lads, gave it the 5.1 update and it's flying along with no issues :) Will keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Is the reported issues on tinted screens and image retention common place ?

Any negatives to the N6 if you don't mind the size ?

Flaccus wrote: »
    Is the reported issues on tinted screens and image retention common place ?

Any negatives to the N6 if you don't mind the size ?

Normal issues are battery and how long it lasts so on so forth....the odd random shut down..no screen burn... Yet or I'd o flung it out the window...I mist admit every nexus past the four is a crock of **** tbh..not even sure why I keep this one maybe I've warmed up to it

moggser wrote: »
    Normal issues are battery and how long it lasts so on so forth....the odd random shut down..no screen burn... Yet or I'd o flung it out the window...I mist admit every nexus past the four is a crock of **** tbh..not even sure why I keep this one maybe I've warmed up to it

Im lucky I came from an iPhone 5 as the battery is a bit better than that. What phones were ye coming from? I'd say galaxy notes and that ya that it's disappointing?

• Advertisement

Came from g flex recently but have had about seven phones in past year alone

Advertisement