Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

jester77 wrote: »
    I haven't a single issue with mine, and being a Nexus is what makes it great. None of the ugly bloated crap that Samsung, HTC, et al install leaving you without OS updates for months, if at all.

I feel EXACTLY the same, I'm happy out with mine ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Haven't you sold yours? Well its fcuckin me about with contacts as in SMS coming in displaying number despite having contact name stored also the ****in battery life and powering off at 8% even in safe mode plus flag ship google device my bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Will motorola revise the Nexus 6 with a better screen? I saw the burn in issues people have been moaning about. That's what puts me off it. Only thing that's stopping me from buying it really.

Will motorola revise the Nexus 6 with a better screen? I saw the burn in issues people have been moaning about. That's what puts me off it. Only thing that's stopping me from buying it really.

With the list of my Woe's, screen burn hasn't been one of em...if I'd of noticed it at this stage I think I'd piss on it and beat it like a red headed step child then put it up for adoption

moggser wrote: »
    With the list of my Woe's, screen burn hasn't been one of em...if I'd of noticed it at this stage I think I'd piss on it and beat it like a red headed step child then put it up for adoption

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you gonna hang on to it see if Google iron the wrinkles out?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Are you gonna hang on to it see if Google iron the wrinkles out?

Not sure tbh... I never really keep on to phones to long but sure there ain't nothing out there that takes me eye but we see if they release a update before I decide to off it

Not sure tbh... I never really keep on to phones to long but sure there ain't nothing out there that takes me eye but we see if they release a update before I decide to off it

I'd give it an update or two and it might end up being the best phone you ever had. Updates are amazing things lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was semi thinking of upgrading to N6 until I read Moggsers post, might give it a while if that's the case... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Well its fcuckin me about with contacts as in SMS coming in displaying number despite having contact name stored
    I knew someone that had a similar problem with their new Samsung device. It turned out it was because they were with Vodafone. One call to Vodafone sorted it. Hopefully your mobile provider can solve yours...

Alternatively, if its only messages, sounds like you are using Hangouts (SMS/IM/MMS) Messager - but your contacts are on the sim card not on the Google server. On a PC, open up gmail, and then the Contacts section in the top left. Ensure that all your contacts appear. If they don't return to your phone, open up the People/Contacts app and copy your contacts to Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I knew someone that had a similar problem with their new Samsung device. It turned out it was because they were with Vodafone. One call to Vodafone sorted it. Hopefully your mobile provider can solve yours...

Alternatively, if its only messages, sounds like you are using Hangouts (SMS/IM/MMS) Messager - but your contacts are on the sim card not on the Google server. On a PC, open up gmail, and then the Contacts section in the top left. Ensure that all your contacts appear. If they don't return to your phone, open up the People/Contacts app and copy your contacts to Google.

Good advice....

I don't know how anyone didn't think of the provider in this instance....

Edit : And with regard to Hangouts, I rolled the app back to Factory one (N5) as I hate the new update, unmerged my SMS/Email contacts so until Google sort it I won't update it

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Was semi thinking of upgrading to N6 until I read Moggsers post, might give it a while if that's the case... :)

Oh dont let me put you off..,,,im just rattling me own cage cause its wreckin me buzz as to why its happining great phone apart from that and ill be sending it back shortly if this other trick up me sleeve dosent work

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adrianocp

Guys...

Does someone have any idea when the Nexus 6 will be finally available at Google Play here in Ireland???

It has been almost 4 months since world release... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

adrianocp wrote: »
    Guys...

Does someone have any idea when the Nexus 6 will be finally available at Google Play here in Ireland???

It has been almost 4 months since world release... :(

You can pick it up in Argos handy enough now if that helps.

beardo81 wrote: »
    You can pick it up in Argos handy enough now if that helps.

I know. But there is only 32gb version there. I wanna 64 Gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Dixons in the airport had them last week...not sure if 32 or 64 though...

Plus you need to pass through departures security check in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Zipppy wrote: »
    Dixons in the airport had them last week...not sure if 32 or 64 though...

Plus you need to pass through departures security check in :)

Do you remember the price?

You would be lucky to get the 32,you're looking for miracles for the 64,

Anyway sent mine away to have someone look up.its skirt and tell me if ive a bitch for a phone or just something that wants to ****.with me.for. bit longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Do you remember the price?

€639...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Amazon usually have the 64GB ones to hand......actually in stock right now in the UK and Germany.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Amazon usually have the 64GB ones to hand......actually in stock right now in the UK and Germany.

I know. But it's £548. That means more than €740. Nexus 6 is too expensive already. But this is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

You could save a bit by buying from Amazon.de and shipping via mailboxde.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I know. But it's £548. That means more than €740. Nexus 6 is too expensive already. But this is ridiculous.

€649 from Amazon.de with delivery for tomorrow if you have prime. Although probably take until Saturday or Monday to get to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

€649 from Amazon.de with delivery for tomorrow if you have prime. Although probably take until Saturday or Monday to get to Ireland.

My mistake looks like they deliver to Ireland so no need for mailboxde.com

It's an interesting option... Is there any difference between German and UK version of Nexus 6, apart the charger plug style?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's an interesting option... Is there any difference between German and UK version of Nexus 6, apart the charger plug style?

Nope same phone, from what I remember only the US version is different to the rest of the world.

Just recalled, it might be slightly more to get the phone as you will have to pay local tax at time of purchase. Those prices are the German VAT which is 19%, this would leave it around €670 under the Irish VAT system.

Nope same phone, from what I remember only the US version is different to the rest of the world.

Just recalled, it might be slightly more to get the phone as you will have to pay local tax at time of purchase. Those prices are the German VAT which is 19%, this would leave it around €670 under the Irish VAT system.

And what about the warranty. Will Google Ireland fix it or should I send back to Germany if there is any problem? Do you know?

And what about the warranty. Will Google Ireland fix it or should I send back to Germany if there is any problem? Do you know?

well ive sent mine back to Motorola in UK and i tried to get Google here to take it back but they wont because i didnt get it from them (play store) as its not fcukin available anyway , by all means take a punt on the amazon i was gonna but i got mine form carphone whore house uk , mate ordered it from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Argos
    lazy bollix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement