Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

i think you might have to call into them and order it that way like the moto 360 watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

G3 is a fantastic phone also

I had the 32 gb.. you would have no trouble getting one from e global

Nexus aint that big, really

• Advertisement

Never messed me about i ordered eleventy twelve times from them,,, all tho they on hollidays no tho till march sometime

Customs Will grab ya anywhere you order from if You're unlucky, seems to be the way they label the stuff when they send ya it,, risky but gets the job done in the end

• Advertisement

Dont take to long....G4 be out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adrianocp

Does someone know if the Nexus 6 will be available to order in Google Play here in Ireland someday, even it takes months? Or should I just forget waiting and order somewhere else?

I know that there are other places to order, but it'll be a pain in the ass...
    Argus doesn't have in stock.
    Amazon has some warranty issues. If there is any problem, must send to origin country (UK, Germany, etc)

So, I prefer to buy at Google Play but is it worth waiting (if it will be available someday)?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marwys

adrianocp wrote: »
    Amazon has some warranty issues. If there is any problem, must send to origin country (UK, Germany, etc)

Never had any problems with replacing faulty products with Argos UK. They send the replacement within a week and you just need to return the faulty item. They send you prepaid labels or return full postage. The only thing is that you have to buy from Amazon not from their partners.
    I'm actually thinking about getting Nexus 6 from Amazon DE. Do they send to Ireland or would I need to go through Mailboxde.com?

marwys wrote: »
    Never had any problems with replacing faulty products with Argos UK. They send the replacement within a week and you just need to return the faulty item. They send you prepaid labels or return full postage. The only thing is that you have to buy from Amazon not from their partners.
    I'm actually thinking about getting Nexus 6 from Amazon DE. Do they send to Ireland or would I need to go through Mailboxde.com?

They send to Ireland.
    I've bought my simfree S4 in Amazon UK, but from one partner. I had a battery problem and it had to be replaced. I tried to have it fixed here in Ireland, but the S4 I've received was built in Taiwan, so no warranty in Europe. I had to send it back to them and after 2 or 3 weeks I've received a new one, but from Vodafone unlocked but with all junk apps from Vodafone. And this new one had the same battery problem.
    After that I made a promise to myself to never buy a smartphone in amazon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

G4….....YES!

anyone have problems with hangouts as in the contact names not displaying when ya get a text only number showing not the name only despite having the name in the contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Well....bang goes the Nexus !
    The reported weak adhesive issue on the back cover has shown itself on my one a few months down the line.....thought I was free and clear of it as it was most widely reported just after it hit the market with fresh devices, but not so in my particular case.
    Shame....there are ways around it apparently, but this one will be going straight back to Amazon/Motorola.

McDermotX wrote: »
    The reported weak adhesive issue on the back cover has shown itself on my one a few months down the line.....thought I was free and clear of it as it was most widely reported just after it hit the market with fresh devices, but not so in my particular case.
    Shame....there are ways around it apparently, but this one will be going straight back to Amazon/Motorola.

Go straight to Motorola with it that what I did with my battery issue

Small update on this (relevant if purchasing from Amazon.de) :

Motorola UK+IRE don't want to be handling this - not to say they wouldn't if pushed in the end, but because the Nexus 6 is not released in Ireland, they believe the responsibility is with retail (and if that was a dead-end, then they could discuss an arrangement).
    Amazon contacted Motorola Germany on my behalf, and they were also of the position of not being willing to entertain an RMA process outside of Germany.
    Amazon gladly accepted ownership of the issue, and have already shipped out a replacement device (even ahead of receiving back the faulty unit).

Can't really argue with that kind of service.

Good to hear you got sorted in the end, maybe Motorola didn't want to sort you because you got it in Germany, which still isnt right on don't think anyway,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

moggser wrote: »
    Good to hear you got sorted in the end, maybe Motorola didn't want to sort you because you got it in Germany, which still isnt right on don't think anyway,

Your contract is with the vendor, not the manufacturer. As long as Amazon.de (or whoever you purchased from) looks after you, that's fine.

I never approached carphone whore house with my prob went straight to organ grinder and sorted

Tah,
    From the conversation, I'd suspect Motorola UK would indeed take ownership if Amazon etc were not forthcoming or pushing it back to the manufacturer, but for whatever reason, probably procedure, they wanted me to explore the retailer end.
    Never talked with Motorola Germany, as Amazon.de done that end of things, but their reluctance was probably for a similar reason so Amazon obviously felt it was easier on everyone to handle it themselves, and they'll deal with the manufacturer directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Go straight to Motorola with it that what I did with my battery issue

Any links to sites which show the issue in pictures?

Thanks,
    M

My issue?? Mine was battery drain issue, maybe mc dermot might have one of his problem

Not a pic of mine, but it's almost exactly the same in appearance. Cover basically coming away from the midway portion of the sides, closer inspection looks like it's not just a weak adhesive issue, which was the initial suspicion, but in some cases it looks as if the battery is bulging slightly, deforming the rounded design.
    It's not a 'common' issue as such, but it was reported in most launch areas before and after Christmas (Nexus 6 back cover into Google will show a few links). Some new ones straight out of the box even showed the beginnings of the problem. Motorola acknowledged the problem fairly rapidly, and replaced units, citing that only a small number were affected.
    The fact that this is over 3 months down the line is a bit worrying, but it could be a once off. If you keep the phone in case, it might be worth just popping it out to have a look for any signs of an issue.

157574d1420193155t-nexus-6-back-cover-unstuck-wp_20150102_005.jpg

Small update on this (relevant if purchasing from Amazon.de) :

Motorola UK+IRE don't want to be handling this - not to say they wouldn't if pushed in the end, but because the Nexus 6 is not released in Ireland, they believe the responsibility is with retail (and if that was a dead-end, then they could discuss an arrangement).
    Amazon contacted Motorola Germany on my behalf, and they were also of the position of not being willing to entertain an RMA process outside of Germany.
    Amazon gladly accepted ownership of the issue, and have already shipped out a replacement device (even ahead of receiving back the faulty unit).

Can't really argue with that kind of service.

That's why I'm so reluctant to buy my Nexus 6 in Amazon.de. It'd be the best choice considering price, but this possibly warranty "problem" is driving me nuts..

Does anyone have any idea when (and if) the Nexus 6 will be available here in Ireland?

Patww79 wrote: »

I`m not so sure, since the Nexus 9 came...

And they have a branch here... Ireland isn't as despised as you're saying... Well, I think...

• Advertisement

Advertisement