Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

moggser wrote: »
    Never use screen time as a stat tbh I look at how long it lasts as in I've unplugged it at 2 am this morning its at 50% now and 1.45 hours of screen time now if I don't use it I might get till 1 pm from it but doubt it when left alone from unplug it drops roughly a 1% ever hour and half with nothing going on but the rent

That doesn't sound right, I would get it replaced. It should be lasting a lot longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

I'll contact google or something online got it thourgh car phone whore house UK that be more of a effort going that route

Never use screen time as a stat tbh I look at how long it lasts as in I've unplugged it at 2 am this morning its at 50% now and 1.45 hours of screen time now if I don't use it I might get till 1 pm from it but doubt it when left alone from unplug it drops roughly a 1% ever hour and half with nothing going on but the rent

It drops 1% every hour and a half when you're not using it? That's very good......

Basil3 wrote: »
    It drops 1% every hour and a half when you're not using it? That's very good......

Is it?

Is it?

Of course it is. If you don't touch your phone for 12 hours, it's still on 92%? There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Clearly it's what you're doing when you're using the phone, whether you're playing games or whatever. Check the battery stats and see which apps are using the most battery.

• Advertisement

Well wouldnt say twelve hours I've left it from 2. Am till 6 or 7 and it was on 94

Well wouldnt say twelve hours I've left it from 2. Am till 6 or 7 and it was on 94

That's fine for idle drain. Look at which apps are using your battery.

Since I posted a hour ago it went from 50 to 43 all ive done isbreply to here and one or four sms

Since I posted a hour ago it went from 50 to 43 all ive done isbreply to here and one or four sms

Yes, but what does you battery stats say is using the battery? You need to be a little proactive in solving issues.

Yes, but what does you battery stats say is using the battery? You need to be a little proactive in solving issues.

Have a mooch

• Advertisement

Have a mooch

Why are you showing the apps at the bottom of the list which use the least power? I want to see the ones at the top using the most!

Why are you showing the apps at the bottom of the list which use the least power? I want to see the ones at the top using the most!

Alright keep your hair on.....I deleted it by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You're still not showing whats sucking the most power...

Here's my Oneplus after this weekend, wasnt using it heavily but still good going:

http://www.imgur.com/4okQGUr.png

Just did was picking wrong screenshots, what's with every one this morning, y'all not have coffee yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Just a suggestion, if you leave bluetooth turned on all of the time, that would use up some of the battery?

I wasnt bitching, just wanted to see. A funny thing happened to me a while back, my OnePlus started dying on my at the end of one day instead of the 2 or 3 days I used to get out of it. I thought the battery had degraded since I got it as there was nothing on the battery monitor and reboots didnt fix it. But then one morning a couple of weeks later I woke up to a notification from Cyanogenmod that Privacy Guard was blocking the app Golf Star from accessing my location:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.golfstarworldtour.normal.freefull.google.global.android.common&hl=en

Thought that was weird as I never played it, it was a huge app aswell so I just uninstalled it, straight away my battery life doubled back to what it was when the phone was new. It had to be Golf Star that was doing it because the chage from the previous week of poor performance was instant but there was no sign of it on the battery monitor. Android was using a lot of power though so maybe it was hiding in there. Try clearing out a load of apps you dont use or do a factory reset if its really annoying you...

Yeah it does Robo, but that's not the problem well I don't think it should be in this case,its always been on with all my devices

Thargor wrote: »
    I wasnt bitching, just wanted to see. A funny thing happened to me a while back, my OnePlus started dying on my at the end of one day instead of the 2 or 3 days I used to get out of it. I thought the battery had degraded since I got it as there was nothing on the battery monitor and reboots didnt fix it. But then one morning a couple of weeks later I woke up to a notification from Cyanogenmod that Privacy Guard was blocking the app Golf Star from accessing my location:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.golfstarworldtour.normal.freefull.google.global.android.common&hl=en

Thought that was weird as I never played it, it was a huge app aswell so I just uninstalled it, straight away my battery life doubled back to what it was when the phone was new. It had to be Golf Star that was doing it because the chage from the previous week of poor performance was instant but there was no sign of it on the battery monitor. Android was using a lot of power though so maybe it was hiding in there. Try clearing out a load of apps you dont use or do a factory reset if its really annoying you...

Whats the battery monitor?

Not sure there is any apps I'm not using I don't think maybe I'll mooch through em and see

The thing you just posted screenshots of, sorry that's what I always called it.

Whats the battery monitor?

Not sure there is any apps I'm not using I don't think maybe I'll mooch through em and see

Your phone sleeps like a baby when you're not using it, which is a good sign. There's nothing crazy in your screenshots, but it's clear that when you're using it, it drops like a stone. Are you using apps that are constantly asking for location?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    The thing you just posted screenshots of, sorry that's what I always called it.

Oh sorry I thought there was a app you used my bad

Are you using apps that are constantly asking for location?

Not sure tbh,I'd be aware of google now using it and maps because they don't run properly with out it, anything else I'm unaware of or noticed them asking to use location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Not sure tbh,I'd be aware of google now using it and maps because they don't run properly with out it, anything else I'm unaware of or noticed them asking to use location

Check what location mode your in. Go to settings - location and switch to battery saving from there. You can turn it to high accuracy for maps only as required. After you switch to battery saving go to Wi-Fi and then advanced settings and turn off scanning always available. Basically you'll be giving google locations services access but in a limited form i.e. just mobile networks because you've knocked off the always scanning for wifi(which is only using to further pin point your location not actually access those networks).

Just noticed while in there google play services uses high battery... What's that do,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Notifications for everything stopped working,reboot didnt fix. Really odd...

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Notifications for everything stopped working,reboot didnt fix. Really odd...

had similar prob before Jimmy, and in the end i had to reset it, pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

When taking pics are you using HDR+ option? If so it could be case when taking HDR+ photos and you quickly switch between them while they're still processing some of them don't actually finish processing for hours thus draining battery life via the camera app.

Derek Ross of Phandroid is having this issue.

That's true, I've saw the other day that the camera took up 37% of battery usage and noticed that a photo or two was still processing, aaaaand sometimes photos that I took didnt appear in the gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Looking at getting this phone, I will be upgrading from a SGS4. How do people find the size of this phone? Can it be awkward? I always wanted a pure android phone and have been going back and forth between getting this and the Moto x. Just seen this phone is in Argos for €624.95 cheapest place to get it?

• Advertisement

Seems that way, and the handiest way by far go for it quickly before someone else reeps from it...

Advertisement