Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Cheers Moggser, have it reserved so will be getting it later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

My nexus now States when I open camera I've no rear camera, starting to annoy me now this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Have you dropped it Jimmy?? I'd reset it stat or u can clear the camera cache and see if that helps

moggser wrote: »
    Have you dropped it Jimmy?? I'd reset it stat or u can clear the camera cache and see if that helps
    No not anything i would call a hard drop ive a good case on it ,it may have fell from my bed or something like that tried the cache still no joy,it had an update i uninstalled that and still nothing..grrr....Fixed the tones issue was feckin looking at me it was the slider on priority settings

jimmynokia wrote: »
    No not anything i would call a hard drop ive a good case on it ,it may have fell from my bed or something like that/QUOTE]

I wonder was it just enough to jostle it loose tho or upset a solder inside ya know how delicate these lil bitches are, would ya chance surgery on her

• Advertisement

While I'm ere...anyone else's phone power down @ 4% ?

No not anything i would call a hard drop ive a good case on it ,it may have fell from my bed or something like that/QUOTE]

I wonder was it just enough to jostle it loose tho or upset a solder inside ya know how delicate these lil bitches are, would ya chance surgery on her

Might do lol would another app work im wondering just to rule out the camera cant find anything decent to try the app in general is sh1te anyway (Google Camera)

I'd say there all six a one half dozen of the. Other.. All tho if it just to test the camera try it

Turned phone off for ten minutes and it worked again. Fcuk me lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

While I'm ere...anyone else's phone power down @ 4% ?

My Note 4 does that too... reeally annoying.

• Advertisement

Turned phone off for ten minutes and it worked again. Fcuk me lol..

this is why i hate Andriod at times and especially Nexus devices they can be the worst when they go wrong what ever the **** does be going on with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Well I just looked at the Irish Play Store and only see Nexus 5 & Nexus 9 on offer.

No Nexus 6 - Nada !

Is there a problem ? Has it been pulled ?

Anyone have the inside on this ?

0lddog wrote: »
    Well I just looked at the Irish Play Store and only see Nexus 5 & Nexus 9 on offer.

No Nexus 6 - Nada !

Is there a problem ? Has it been pulled ?

Anyone have the inside on this ?

Argos have it.

They are just not giving it to the Irish market because they be mad like that.... Seriously tho they are look at them sitting there twiddling their thumbs saying we are mad like that not giving the Irish the nexus 6....

There's just a shortage and we unfortunately are the minority in the market... Oh Argos have it by the way mad innit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Argos have it.

Ah yes !

I see now

Argos stock Nexus 6 ( but not Nexus 5 :confused: )

Aaaannnd - They manage to hide it away as a Motorola branded phone

Makes perfect sense :D

( anyone notice that Motorola are going to offer deep discounts on Moto X in the US later this month ? )

This is doin me nut in, has anyone else's phone shut down early... It was at 4% which OK was annoying but I got over it now its shutting down at 7-9%

I have a nexus 5 and was looking at getting this but Lollipop on my nexus 5 is an absolute disaster. Camera shutting down and refusing to function, really laggy jittery performance - basically nothing like Android Kitkat & from reading this thread, similar issues seem to exist at times. All my photos are backed up to Google Photos too so I have 8 GB of hard disk space left. Also happens on my friend's Nexus 5. Such a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have a nexus 5 and was looking at getting this but Lollipop on my nexus 5 is an absolute disaster. Camera shutting down and refusing to function, really laggy jittery performance - basically nothing like Android Kitkat & from reading this thread, similar issues seem to exist at times. All my photos are backed up to Google Photos too so I have 8 GB of hard disk space left. Also happens on my friend's Nexus 5. Such a pity.

have you tried a custom rom? Nexus's are very amenable to that and you might find one that works better.

so every ones ****in nexus is perfect yeah ??? or ya'll to proud to admit some of ya have issue's with the fcuking device pox bag of a yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I've a problem with it.......I cannot stand Lollipop's fonts and white background to the apps drawer. :p
    Haven't noticed anything technically wrong with it though, bit of lag every now and then in line with some of the concerns with the current software, but nothing major.

• Advertisement

McDermotX wrote: »
    I've a problem with it.......I cannot stand Lollipop's fonts and white background to the apps drawer. :p
    Haven't noticed anything technically wrong with it though, bit of lag every now and then in line with some of the concerns with the current software, but nothing major.

Good man let's grab a couple of bra's and head to barrow street and burn em outside the offices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Have you tried some UK forums? Cos very few people on the Android threads here have it...although now that Argos is stocking it, more people might get it.

After reading all of your reviews & issues...I'm waiting for One plus Two new phone!
    This is doin me nut in, has anyone else's phone shut down early... It was at 4% which OK was annoying but I got over it now its shutting down at 7-9%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

McDermotX wrote: »
    I've a problem with it.......I cannot stand Lollipop's fonts and white background to the apps drawer.

Nova launcher or similar allows you to change the background colour of the app drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Has a Oneplus Two been announced robo?

The OPO is now so popular that they can sell it for 1 whole day a week. :pac:

On Topic: It was last Feb when the N5 came to the Irish play store right? Any hope that the same could happen with the N6?

well if it does come to the play store it better be the revised one as these one's are ****.....spent 45 mins talking to them at Motorola live chat and all they were short of doing was patting me on the head and saying there there little boy run along now

Cnuts all i want is a ****ing answer to my prob...i have ot run me phone in safe to see if it happens while in this mode then get back to them :}

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

digitaldr wrote: »
    Nova launcher or similar allows you to change the background colour of the app drawer.

I use Nova on my Nexus 6 and it's fantastic, very smooth and completely adaptable to your likes.

any one want a nexus 6???? its free????? just a small documentation fee of 580 euro applies piece of **** hate it... sorry i mean great ****ing device every home should have one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

any one want a nexus 6???? its free????? just a small documentation fee of 580 euro applies piece of **** hate it... sorry i mean great ****ing device every home should have one

What exactly do you hate about it mate? What issues are you having?

Cheers,
    M

Its a Nexus....thats the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Its a Nexus....thats the problem

I haven't a single issue with mine, and being a Nexus is what makes it great. None of the ugly bloated crap that Samsung, HTC, et al install leaving you without OS updates for months, if at all.

Advertisement