Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Flaccus wrote: »
    Any thoughts from users in battery life. Flossy Carter on youtube did not rate it at all. Also, has anyone seen image retention ?

Yes my thoughts are and as follows, typical nexus drain like the five, will disappear fast enough and then kinda say ah here ya go buddy I'll make it last for ya in the last few percent, I'm sure the next update will address this issue for 3200mah battery its no where lasting as the flex or g3 I don't slaughter it usage wise just average use as I think I could drain it flat in 4-5 hours other wise , fast charger makes up for it tho,

Oh what wrecks me head is it goes from 100 to 99 almost straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

Nexus 6 is on the way. DHL have just picked it up fingers crossed Santa arrives tomorrow in a bright yellow van.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I find the battery decent. I took it off the charger at 9 this morning, have had 2:20 screen on time, have casted play music for about 2.5 hours and the battery is at 58%.

I was away over the weekend and didn't use my phone at all and didn't charge it either. Flew out Thursday, came back Sunday and my battery was at 40%, don't know what % it was at when I left, but I was impressed with that.

Something else thays doin me.head in is the volume levels while.making a call as in the ear piece will be at max level then its not and will adjust itself i swear feel like hoppin ot off the wall poxy antichrist of a phone

Ok this is a ****in head melt, any one elses charger make a ****in buzzin noise while charging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

moggser wrote: »
    Ok this is a ****in head melt, any one elses charger make a ****in buzzin noise while charging

The Nexus 4 and 5 does that, think most modern chargers do - headwrecking!

Fieldog wrote: »
    The Nexus 4 and 5 does that, think most modern chargers do - headwrecking!

Not mine cause im a bate it like a red headed step. Child

I just use QI chargers, they are quiet and practical but not fast. I haven't even taken the fast charger out of the box yet.

I have one of those,but its a chinesey one used it on nexus 4 wasn't really great wouldn't use it with this,what I find some what alarming is the heat off it while charging tho

I have one of those,but its a chinesey one used it on nexus 4 wasn't really great wouldn't use it with this,what I find some what alarming is the heat off it while charging tho

The heat on the nexus 4 was unreal, but the Nexus 5 & 6 are OK. I have a few of the little round LG chargers that look like a hockey putt and the nexus one from last year. The LG is not suitable for the bedroom as the LED lights up the room. Both work good, nexus 6 needs a bit of accurate placement to work, off centre towards the bottom is where it works.

• Advertisement

Yeah spose that would get old fast, will say that the fast charger does what it says maybe that's why its warms up pretty fast, not sure i rate the battery tho

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Well mine got delivered yesterday. 64gb blue but I won't get it myself until 3rd Jan when the missus gets back from France. Chomping at the bit here for it though. Currently at her mums place which is about 80kms away. I'd need to come up with some serious excuse to try to swindle another trip out there before I head home on the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

So amazon uk have it in stock now the 32gb blue. Got a delivery date of 31st :)

So I have this phone a few days now. Really liking it but I rooted straight away, decrypted and currently on a custom rom with custom kernel. Battery life is a lot better than expected but that maybe down to hearing a lot of people complaining about it beforehand, it kicks the **** out of my Galaxy S4 battery anyways.Seriously been hammering this battery and it holds up very well. Screen is great and it runs super smooth. Camera quality is good but they really need to fix the time it takes to take a photo. Seriously its useless at taking photos at anything that is remotely moving. I'm hoping that **** can get fixed with a software update. Camera app could also do with some more features.

Its a huge phone but I got used to that very quickly. My old phone feels like it shrank or became a toy now. I do miss a couple features that the Galaxy series had, namely the IR blaster or auto switching on/off wifi but the zero lag is very nice.

Overall I'm very happy, major gripes can be software fixed either officially or with custom roms. I'm getting the odd curious look on the train I'm sure I'll be asked is that the new iPhone 6+ any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey guys,
    What case would you recommend or have you bought for you N6?

Cheers,
    M

Trigg171 wrote: »
    So I have this phone a few days now. Really liking it but I rooted straight away, decrypted and currently on a custom rom with custom kernel. Battery life is a lot better than expected but that maybe down to hearing a lot of people complaining about it beforehand, it kicks the **** out of my Galaxy S4 battery anyways.Seriously been hammering this battery and it holds up very well. Screen is great and it runs super smooth. Camera quality is good but they really need to fix the time it takes to take a photo. Seriously its useless at taking photos at anything that is remotely moving. I'm hoping that **** can get fixed with a software update. Camera app could also do with some more features.

Its a huge phone but I got used to that very quickly. My old phone feels like it shrank or became a toy now. I do miss a couple features that the Galaxy series had, namely the IR blaster or auto switching on/off wifi but the zero lag is very nice.

Overall I'm very happy, major gripes can be software fixed either officially or with custom roms. I'm getting the odd curious look on the train I'm sure I'll be asked is that the new iPhone 6+ any time soon.

What sort of battery life are you getting with it decrypted?

I haven't rooted yet, getting just over 5 hours screen time.

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    What case would you recommend or have you bought for you N6?

Cheers,
    M

Currently have the spigen ultra hybrid and a few cruzerlite tpu cases. Using the ultra hybrid which looks great and doesn't add much bulk at the moment. The cruzerlites are also good, probably offer slightly better drop protecting but they do add a small amount of bulk. Grip is better with the cruzerlites than the ultra hybrid.
    jester77 wrote: »
    What sort of battery life are you getting with it decrypted?

I haven't rooted yet, getting just over 5 hours screen time.

I havn't let the phone get close to dying yet. However when I first got the phone I was playing around with it and got like 3 hours sot with about 30% battery loss. Now that might have been the new battery it seems to drop a little quicker now but its still very good. I only tend to let the phone die once a month or so for calibration issues otherwise I keep it topped up when I can. I have no idea of sot performance with encryption I immediately decrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Like the phone though the camera is pants,it takes ages to focus.

Battery is pants

I find the battery decent, easily getting 5 hours of screen on time. Much better than the N4 or N5.

• Advertisement

Not really for me, 12 hours total if lucky think the fast charger is good but ruins it

Are any of you guys rooted? custom rom? etc.

I find when I run down the battery I get 5 hours+ sot at least but I do have an unencrypted device with a custom rom with womers tweaks. You shouldn't have to do that **** of course but its what I do. Is default stock battery that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Yep, I find the battery life is a wee bit on the disappointing side. Flick between a Note 4 and Nexus and find it really apparent, but it's not a deal-breaker by any means.
    Would expect future updates to address it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

How ye finding the speed?
    This article seems to indicate that the N5 is faster than the N6 ???

Zipppy wrote: »
    How ye finding the speed?
    This article seems to indicate that the N5 is faster than the N6 ???

Don't really notice any difference, it doesn't have the glitches that the N5 has. I get redraw issues on the N5 plus the N5 has some memory issues with lollipop, it needs a reboot every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Wondering if my camera is faulty or is it just me,when trying to take a photo the image keeps moving and the circle pops up on screen this happens on both HDR+ and normal ? Pictures turn out pretty Sh1te.Not a camera fanatic really but if i need to take a pic i want it to be good.Cant beat the Lumia phones for that..

There's a very fine plastic film on the back Jimmy just in case its interfering with your camera its on mine but not upsetting my photos yet but has on previous devices just a thought ,also camera's on nexus phones are always ****

ok getting slightly annoyed with battery on this piece of **** anyone got insight in to how save battery? there aint much going on usage wise odd game and browsing nothing abnormal than any other phone i used this one is pretty poor

ok getting slightly annoyed with battery on this piece of **** anyone got insight in to how save battery? there aint much going on usage wise odd game and browsing nothing abnormal than any other phone i used this one is pretty poor

What sort of battery life are you getting? Maybe you have a dodgy unit that needs replacing.

I'm easily getting 5 hours screen on time and that gets me through a day. I've not rooted or set up any battery saving hacks.

• Advertisement

Never use screen time as a stat tbh I look at how long it lasts as in I've unplugged it at 2 am this morning its at 50% now and 1.45 hours of screen time now if I don't use it I might get till 1 pm from it but doubt it when left alone from unplug it drops roughly a 1% ever hour and half with nothing going on but the rent

Advertisement