Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Robin Williams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

leahyl wrote: »
    Snap sunflower - I watched Good Will Hunting last night also; I had actually never seen it before believe it or not and I thought it was an excellent movie; Williams was amazing in it and I know exactly what you mean about his eyes.

Saw some of the photos of Robin that Time Magazine were running with in their reports and noticed a certain sadness in his eyes too. But I do wonder whether it is just a case of seeing what we want to see, considering what we know now... or perhaps because of what we know now, the curtain has been pulled back and we can now see what we previously chose (subconsciously) to ignore.

Watched Bicentennial Man last night - good movie, perhaps a bit weird. Quite sad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

efb wrote: »
    Watching Mrs Doubtfire now, streaming from my macbook

This post says an awful lot about you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This post says an awful lot about you

Yep, bizarre that people need to post stuff like that at any time, but in a thread like this it says a lot about someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Neeson wrote: »
    He was in a seated position and suspended with a belt.

He cut his left wrist too and a pocketknife was found near his already rigor mortised body and contained what is thought to be dried blood upon the blade.

Is this really necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

For oddball weirdos, it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The Birdcage

Armand [Robin Williams]: My cemetery's in Key Biscayne. It's one of the prettiest in the world. The sky is blue, palm trees, rolling hills. The one is Los Copa's really ****.

What a pain in the ass you are. And it's true: you're not young, you're not new, and you do make people laugh. And me? I'm still with you because you make me laugh. So you know what I got to do? I got to sell my plot in Key Biscayne so I can get one next to you in that ****hole Los Copa, so I never miss a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, bizarre that people need to post stuff like that at any time, but in a thread like this it says a lot about someone.

What exactly is bizarre about the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

EazyD wrote: »
    What exactly is bizarre about the post?

I was only meaning to advise how I watched it not on Netflix etc- got a great tip from guys in Android about streaming from MacBooks to TV via Chromecast. Nothing else was meant by my post. I had previously posted about which movies were available via streaming etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

quit while you're behind, if you dont see the issue dont keep digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Turned on What Dreams May Come last night, turned it off after half an hour, too close to home with the subject, plus its not particularly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There really are some sick disturbed people out there..
    The daughter of Robin Williams has left Twitter after being bombarded with photoshopped images of her father's body since the actor's death.

What kind of disgusting human being do you need to be to do something like that to someone's grieving daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Zelda is also considering closing her instagram account (may have already done so) because she's getting hate messages from people asking why she doesn't have more photos of her dad on her account and accusing her of not spending much time with him etc as well as all kinds of other crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Zelda is also considering closing her instagram account (may have already done so) because she's getting hate messages from people asking why she doesn't have more photos of her dad on her account and accusing her of not spending much time with him etc as well as all kinds of other crazy stuff.

This is the downside of Social Media.. every idiot has a voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

What kind of disgusting human being do you need to be to do something like that to someone's grieving daughter

You know, it just goes to show the sort of people that are actually out there when you see stuff like this. Anyone capable of piling more hurt onto an already grieving daughter is an atrocious human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

That is just sickening. The poor girl and family. As if it wasn't bad enough to loseva loved one to suicide, and him being in the public eye must make it harder in general to deal with. Then to have morons like that upset people further is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Deco99 wrote: »

Militant much?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

authorities have tracked down people before and prosecuted them for online assholery - hopefully they can do the same here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Deco99 wrote: »

Ah don't be a bully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭JonKelleher

I don't even eat chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Fisher King tonight on Netflix it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The internet can be a wonderful place but when it comes to stuff like this there are some truly horrible people on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Aladdin Trilogy today, such good memories with the first two, have never seen number 3 so am looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone ever see What Dream May Come, hope this funny bastard gets to heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

krudler wrote: »
    The internet can be a wonderful place but when it comes to stuff like this there are some truly horrible people on it.

People need to get a grip. This is how humanity is. And trying to imagine that it can or will ever be different is to just block out reality. People need to get a sense of proportionality and perspective in things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Piliger wrote: »
    People need to get a grip. This is how humanity is. And trying to imagine that it can or will ever be different is to just block out reality. People need to get a sense of proportionality and perspective in things.

Unfortunately the internet makes it easier for pondlife like that to access people and taunt them with comments and imagery that is upsetting, I doubt anyone who trolls like that would confront someone face to face, they wouldn't have the balls. Everyone can be brave hiding behind a computer screen and an avatar.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Unfortunately the internet makes it easier for pondlife like that to access people and taunt them with comments and imagery that is upsetting, I doubt anyone who trolls like that would confront someone face to face, they wouldn't have the balls. Everyone can be brave hiding behind a computer screen and an avatar.
    More fool people who pay attention to it. Most people in the media who make a big deal of it do so to promote themselves, to create an image of a victim for themselves and to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

More fool people who pay attention to it. Most people in the media who make a big deal of it do so to promote themselves, to create an image of a victim for themselves and to make money.

easier said than done when you're in a vulnerable state which I imagine zelda williams is, I doubt self promotion is the agenda here.

eviltwin wrote: »
    easier said than done when you're in a vulnerable state which I imagine zelda williams is, I doubt self promotion is the agenda here.

Possibly. But all of these people have advisers. I suspect in this case it is simple naivete and immaturity. Hard to believe at that age in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Possibly. But all of these people have advisers. I suspect in this case it is simple naivete and immaturity. Hard to believe at that age in this day and age.

Well if you're ever in the position where a famous relative has died and you're getting bombarded with abusive messages about it you can let us know how to deal with it accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No point blaming the victim. People sent photoshopped pictures of her father, who had JUST committed suicide, graphically depicting the violence of his death. The notion that she did something wrong by encountering this stuff is ludicrous. It's not her fault. It's not her fault. It's not her fault.

Advertisement