Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If they didn't recast Boseman they aren't going to recast Shuri. And writing her out of the film mid-production isn't practical if they've already shot most of the movie. They have filmed 2-3 months of the film already right? And they stopped production for her so her role is clearly too large to do a Christopher Plummer on it or else they would have done it already. I think it's fair to say that replacing her would be a big deal involving significant re-writes, reshoots and delays.

Anyway it looks like this story is bs. Whatever about Wright's future in the MCU, I reckon the studio will do whatever they have to do finish the film with her, including moving production to the UK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wouldn't say off screen. They won't recast and I'd say it's 50/50 whether they CGI his face but I'd be bullish enough to say they'll kill off Black Panther mid-mission, in the suit and masked up. If nothing else it'd establish the bona fides of the Big Bad for the movie, if they killed of the hero in Act 1.

I suppose they could open with the funeral, or a reaction scene from Avengers HQ as they hear the news but that just feels clumsy; and no more respectful than letting us see BP go down fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Official poster for Thor 4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Horrible looking poster. Looks like cheap made fab art.

Not announced on any official marvel channels yet so hopefully it gets dismissed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Do it! Strip back the stark tech and avengers cameos, let Spidey take care of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It would be great but anyone who's been watching Hawkeye

Knows that it's looking more and more likely that whilst they may bring back Fisk, it will be for the Echo show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

They've definitely shown a lot of respect for Boseman in the What If...? show. I'd imagine if they could do as much as possible for him, they'll try their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,256 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would love if they found a way to 'multiverse' in a good version of Killmonger as Black Panther, from a reality where T'Chaka didn't kill his Dad, and instead brought them back to Wakanda.

I was, honestly, thinking that's where they would go in What If

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The opeing sequence could be animated, in the style of old African tribe paintings, to explain the passing of T'Challa in a respectful way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait to see Spider Man No Way Home but please god were mot not be trolled again and there will be no sign of Maguires and Garfields versions of Spidey. Me thinks if they do show up then one of them is going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can we talk about the MCU impact after No Way Home?

I’m not going to give specific spoilers on No Way Home but things have happened that effect the MCU greatly.

Basically I’m not spoiling anything but they’ve written this movie in a way that possibly sidelines Spiderman at the end. It’s clever because it could go either way. I’ve no idea if Sony are going to allow Disney to use Spidey again so I’ll have to do my research but this felt like a “goodbye for now” type movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thought the same! really interested to see where it goes and the likelihood now that his 2 sidekicks are ducking out for any sequels going forward

I felt it sets up

Miles Morles to join the MCU as Spider Man and let Peter Parker go off to Sony if a deal isn’t reached.

That can’t happen. Sony own all Spidermen and Spiderman related villains. It’s the same problem either way. Sony are in a strong position now with the animated Spiderverse movies and the Venom movies. They are less likely to give any Spiderman property to Disney now.

Technically the MCU Tom Holland movies are Sony’s movies. Sony have been quite smart/fortunate by lending him to Disney so they might take him back and do a non MCU movie with Venom. Not sure that’s smart for long term box office success though.

Ah ok

I thought with Miles only being created in 2011 after Sony got the rights to Spider Man 1999 he wasn't part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They might be Sony movies but all 3 Tom Holland films are set in the MCU Iron Man universe Tom Holland Spider-man is an MCU character licensed by Sony would probably state it best but he is not in his own universe like Andrew Garfield was.

Don’t bet your life on this information but, as far as I know, all Spiderman related material past present and future is owned by Sony in terms of movie rights. The proof of this would be that Miles is already the star of a Sony movie series “Spiderverse”.

If i was Sony, I’d tell Disney that they can use Tom Hollands Spiderman in limited fashion in crossover movies but that they are getting Garfield back to do at least one more solo movie with Venom.

Sony’s ultimate trick could be to kill off Garfield in that Venom movie while introducing live action Miles Morales so that he can have his own trilogy. Garfield is of an age that he would be a good mentor for a 14 year old Miles.

Basically I see no reason why Sony would give Disney the first crack at doing a live action Miles Morales first. Miles could be a fresh take on Spiderman compared to an overused Peter Parker. Sony would be mad to give that up.

Don’t read below if you’ve not seen No Way Home.

No Way Home is all about the multiverse. Venom took a trip to the MCU universe in his movie post credit scene and he had a big interest in Tom Hollands Spiderman. He also showed up in the No Way Home post credit scene and was fascinated by the idea of superheroes. The big thing about that scene is that he left some venom goo behind.

Tom Hollands Spiderman has now lost all his connections with the MCU. Aunt May is dead, his friends don’t know him, and none of the Avengers etc. even know his real name, they just know him as Spiderman. He now has no ties to future movies in the MCU going forward. He is free to retire, or even jump universes to hook up with Venom.

Sony can now do a Tom Holland movie if they want. They can write a legitimate movie with no references to the MCU because of the way the last film ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seeing it later

• Advertisement

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirms Spider-Man 4 is in active development, but the Tom Holland sequel is still in the early stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Re No Way Home

Tom Holland's Spider-Man is still firmly in the MCU and they thought the way they brought in Venom and removed again was fantastic, I don't like those movies and they don't want that version of Venom in the MCU but now they can have their own version. Sony have also set up a multiverse so of they want to do a new Spider-Man in the Hardy-Verse they can recast or bring back Garfield for another crack. I think Holland's Parker is nicely set up, he's a back to basics Spider-Man with no gadgets and anonymity. He'll definitely be back in future MCU films.

Spoiler linked to a cameo in Spider-Man No Way Home and Disney+ shows.

It's being reported that Matt Murdock will be a major character going forward across all MCU shows on Disney+ starting in She-Hulk which would link with the comic connections of the two characters.

Reports that the Ms.Marvel series has going back for extensive reshoots after it finished filming before Christmas.

The Echo series is bringing in writers from Netflix's Daredevil and The Punisher, Ken Kristensen and Dara Resnik 

Bill Murray has joined the cast of Ant-Man 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I think it is safe to say that that story is not 100% reliable

some people thought Maslany would be in make up for She-Hulk even though she is only 5 foot 4 or there abouts - so that makes no sense

obviously she is going to be CGI enhanced like Ruffalo

the whole “100% CGI” in that article is just typical shoddy internet reporting

this is I think the website that has movie endings explained articles and run stories claiming Pedro Pascal is the mayor’s receptionist in Boba Fett because they both have moustaches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

He blabbed about when. Doing press for Ghostbuster I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,909 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had read somewhere that people weren't too impressed with the actress, but that was likely just clickbait.

But at the same time it makes me wonder why they don't wait until they've filmed a bit before announcing the casting for projects, especially for shows like this where they don't have the luxury of using a pilot to judge performances and with an unknown actress. Not like Tatiana Maslany who I think has more than proven herself in Orphan Black.

But like I said that was just 1 or 2 articles. Reshoots could also be in reaction pushback against the reveal that she won't have her comic powers.

Advertisement