Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The Spiderman animated series of the 90's was fairly cool in all fairness

As the poster below you said, same for me. Batman was on at the same time and I found it much more enthralling then Spiderman.

Granted I've never been into comics, I've struggled with more teen/adult themed graphic novels, I've always had issues liking Spiderman among some more of the famous marvel heroes.

Maybe I was a bit younger (or more immature) than you guys but I liked the light hearted tone of Spidey.

Took me a while to warm to Batman and Superman TAS but I did like them

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd like to see Spider-Man taken in a different direction for the MCU, something along the lines of Miles Morales taking up the Spider-Man mantle. Would be a refreshing change from Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ...something along the lines of Miles Morales taking up the mantle....

Except they might cast Jayden Smith in the role.

I'd say they will end up sticking with Parker.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Except they might cast Jayden Smith in the role.

I'd say they will end up sticking with Parker.

Or maybe they'd go and get what's his name, he does the voice of Peter/Spidey in The Ultimate Spider-Man tv show. And i'm sure there are other actors out there besides Jayden Smith who could do Miles Morales if Marvel/Sony decided to go down that route.

• Advertisement

We have not had a proper Peter yet FFS (Garfield was closest but far too much stuttering)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

And i'm sure there are other actors out there besides Jayden Smith who could do Miles Morales if Marvel/Sony decided to go down that route.

I didn't even know who Miles Morales was. I popped the name into google images.

First hits: Jayden Smith photoshopped in a black/red Spiderman costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

I remember somebody suggesting Donald Glover (Troy from Community) as a good Miles Morales. Might be a bit old now but he would've been a great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Do they need to show Spiderman out of costume? If its a quick cameo they could just have a stuntman in a costume, dub the voice in later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I thought they could possibly show him in kinda like, the way moneypenny was shown in skyfall, a journalist in the film taking photos, we don't find out till later in the film his name is Peter Parker. But maybe thats a bad idea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't surprised if the end credits scene of Avengers has Spidey in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It'll be Peter parker, they'll need to leave something for later. Can't be rebooting eveverything so often in a the connected continuity.

Also start reading Spider Verse, more spider men/women than you could shake a stick at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I wouldn't surprised if the end credits scene of Avengers has Spidey in it.

More likely Antman at this stage with production pretty much rapped up on AOU I'd presume.

More likely Antman at this stage with production pretty much rapped up on AOU I'd presume.

Remember they filmed the end credit scene in the restaurant about two weeks before the first Avengers was released.

All they have to do really depending where they want to start Spidy from is show a flash of a mask being thrown onto a bed in some teens room or let us hear something along the lines of Peter come down for your dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see them going the Morales route but would they have needed to reach an agreement with Sony to use him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Hey lads, sorry I'm not a comic book reader, but can someone explain how Morales came to be Spiderman?

macslash wrote: »
    Hey lads, sorry I'm not a comic book reader, but can someone explain how Morales came to be Spiderman?

Miles came to be Spider-Man after Peter's death in Ultimate Fallout #4, he's is the second Spider-Man in the Ultimate Marvel continuity.

Kinda hard to wrap your head around if you don't read comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You should try watching the big picture on the escapist. The guy on there explains a lot of weird comic book stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've always maintained there's never been a good Spiderman film and it looks like Sony has agreed with me. They are so desperate to get it right they have to turn to Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Some of the date changes relative to the infinty war movies are interesting, black panther is now after part 1 and inhumans is after part 2 now. So is inhumans the first phase 4 film now?

• Advertisement

Samuel L. Jackson only has 2 movies left on his Marvel contract.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/12/samuel-l-jackson-only-has-two-movies-left-in-his-marvel-contract/

I'm sure Sam will sign up again.

It's not like the man is picky about the roles he takes :pac:

That is of course they don't want to go back to having David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury

Samuel L. Jackson has to sign up again, he's just one of those characters that can't be recast.
    David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, i am going to assume that was well before my time.

Samuel L. Jackson has to sign up again, he's just one of those characters that can't be recast.
    David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, i am going to assume that was well before my time.

If 1998 was before your time I really feel old now :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119781/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_35

If 1998 was before your time I really feel old now :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119781/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_35

Now 98 wasn't before my time,
    I'd have thought the 93 in my username would have given it away
    , Hasselhoff as Fury must've been 7 shades of terrible.

Now 98 wasn't before my time,
    I'd have thought the 93 in my username would have given it away
    , Hasselhoff as Fury must've been 7 shades of terrible.

Haha old age and bad eyesight looking a screen names :P

It's all kinds of bad that it has to be seen.

One of the CBS channels I think shows it never now and then.

I am gonna hunt it down out of curiousity.

I am gonna hunt it down out of curiousity.

It kinda goes well with the old Captain America movies & Howard the Duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I reckon two films will be enough and Marvel will see Fury as a character that is expendable while at the same time having enough to weight to make for a dramatic death.

If it's going the way I think it's going then I think Stark is going to take over that overseer/strong cameo role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't Downey Jr also bowing out after the next batch? I'm guessing that it'll be pretty much a passing on the torch from the old guard. Fury already died in the films, so doing that again isn't going to have much of a dramatic effect. I'd say he'll probably be relegated to the role he has in a lot of the comics, in that he's off the grid and just makes an appearance when he's needed. They'll be small parts that wouldn't need Jackson to sign up years in advance, and if he refuses, then they'll easily be able to modify scenes to involve someone else.

Advertisement