Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-marvel-and-sonys-spider-man-writer-and-director-revealed

Key things to look for in the new series

No new origin story, Spidey exists from the beginning, taken as a given

New actor, probably an unknown, he will be specifically based in High School and they want him to be able to grow up into the role. The thought being if this works, Spidey can do multiple trilogies for years ala Harry Potter.

A major part of the first film will involve Spider- Man fighting Iron Man and then trying to pass the “audition” to join the Avengers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I look forward to the Peter Parker: Spider-man reboot in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Drew Goddard will write and direct the new Spidey reboot, is this not too soon to be rebooted again with Peter Parker perhaps better Miles Morales

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

May as well use Ben Reilly...It makes absolutely no sense to cut a deal and then use a character that only a fraction of people going to see the movie would know. Peter Parker is the only Spider-Man in the general social consciousness, they want to capitalise on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Daredevil next month with give a heads up to what kind of feel Drew Goddard has for the MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daredevil next month with give a heads up to what kind of feel Drew Goddard has for the MCU.

Did he not leave Daredevil?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did he not leave Daredevil?

He stepped down as show runner but stayed on as a consultant he developed the series before stepping down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I binged my way through Season one of Agents of SHIELD, well I say binged it took me about a month to make it through the first 8 episodes but flew through the remaining ones in a few days.

I found from episode 11 on it really picks up. Once it started focusing more on a storyline ARC than the usual Monster of The Week type show, although some of the Monster of The Week stuff was fun and some weeks it felt like a throw back to The X-Files.

My question to anyone who's been keeping up with Season 2 so far is, is it worth watching? Has it continued with the same momentum Season one ended with?

My biggest concern is Season two resets all of the good work Season one did towards the end.

Loughc wrote: »
    My question to anyone who's been keeping up with Season 2 so far is, is it worth watching? Has it continued with the same momentum Season one ended with?

My biggest concern is Season two resets all of the good work Season one did towards the end.

Yes it's well worth it and it opens and ties in now and future projects in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I applaud anyone who managed to get through more than 2 episodes of Agent of SHIELD. Absolute tripe IMO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

.ak wrote: »
    I applaud anyone who managed to get through more than 2 episodes of Agent of SHIELD. Absolute tripe IMO...

Its a hard slog at the start but it does improve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

.ak wrote: »

Watched the first two episodes and was completely turned off it, then about a month ago my mate told me to watch it and assured me it got better. So started watchin on from episode 10 and haven't looked back! Can't wait to watch it tonight, agent carter did well to tied me over! Gotham to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Drew Goddard will write and direct the new Spidey reboot, is this not too soon to be rebooted again with Peter Parker perhaps better Miles Morales

Go away with that Miles Morales tripe. He was only brought in to appeal to a wider racial demographic, no other reason, which is fair enough. Will never be brought into the main universe where the real stuff happens. I certainly won't be paying to watch a token Spider-man anyway.

As for Spider-man in the MCU. He should be part of the universe but not too heavily involved as part of the Avengers team, as he's a part time member at best in the comics anyway. Turn up to give them a dig out now and again. He's at his best in his own stories, quite constraint when in a team where they are all bit part players. That's fine for the rest of them who need to be in the Avengers, but Spider-man is too big a character not be the main focus in any film. If they aren't gonna make him the focus of Avengers, like Wolverine in X-men, just give him a few cameo's fighting in the backround

Any word on Marvel's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any word on Marvel's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT yet?

Was it not just the competition RDJ announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Whats so different from the marvel agent of shield series from the start to now? whys it better

Whats so different from the marvel agent of shield series from the start to now? whys it better

The first 9 episodes were just get to know cast standalone episodes waiting for the the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier happen once that happened AoS could join the MCU narrative and be part of the main storylines going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I couldn't stand Agents of Shield

Bully for you. I don't understand why people are coming onto this thread, reading all the comments posted about how AoS was crap but completely reinvented itself and still feel the need to post single line comments about how they hated it.

We get it (in fact we ALL know that), Agents was crap in the beginning. You are adding absolutely nothing new to the conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Bully for you. I don't understand why people are coming onto this thread, reading all the comments posted about how AoS was crap but completely reinvented itself and still feel the need to post single line comments about how they hated it.

We get it (in fact we ALL know that), Agents was crap in the beginning. You are adding absolutely nothing new to the conversation

Well sorry for having an opinion mother. I'll spank meself and have a time out. Jesus.

• Advertisement

Jeremy Renner will be in Captain America: Civil War

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=116280

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Jeremy Renner will be in Captain America: Civil War

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=116280

So Captain America CW is turning out to be an Avengers-lite adventure. Not that I'm complaining though, it's been questioned in previous solo movies why the rest of the Avengers go AWOL all of a sudden. Also, it wouldn't be much of a civil war if it's just Cap, IM & Spiderman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think I prefer that to stuff like Iron Man 3 and Cap 2, where theres massive situations that only one avenger turns up to deal with :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

They can get away with it to a certain extent and I'm happy enough to suspend disbelief but you'd think Iron Man would have turned up in Thor 2 or Cap 2?

IM 3 was a fairly solo, 'one man on a mission' movie for the most part. The end big battle though probably could have benefited from Cap & SHIELD turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They all probably just had notifications on silent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would contradict to say I have enjoyed AoS from start to finish, the cross over with CA:WS was fantastic as were the Asgardian storylines, the whole thing really is a Cap side story.
    And with the set up for Inhumans and some sort of link on the way for AoU it's going to be some fun going forward.

I have enjoyed it but totally agree with it's faults/weaknesses.
    For me it's gone from guilty pleasure to just pleasure

Trailer for Daredevil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Arkaron

Looks intriguing... I'm guessing it won't be difficult to do better than the film. Not a huge fan of the Marvel Studio films so far though, so I'm not holding my breath either. That said, the production value looks okay and the actors seem suited for their roles. I do hope they don't get afraid of embracing the more silly aspects of the comics.

Advertisement