Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

thekopend wrote: »
    Oh so when you get into training its not full suit all the time like black pants shoes shirt and nice jumper is fine? Sound for the reply

Swimming shorts be grand. You don't need the tight ones. They aren't as strict. Not holiday yolks now with flowers and mad designs on them. Plain navy or black will do the job.

Well yea, trousers and shoes, shirt and that. You wouldn't need a blazer all the time. A jumper would do you. No jeans and cons you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Turbo T wrote: »
    Swimming shorts be grand. You don't need the tight ones. They aren't as strict. Not holiday yolks now with flowers and mad designs on them. Plain navy or black will do the job.

Well yea, trousers and shoes, shirt and that. You wouldn't need a blazer all the time. A jumper would do you. No jeans and cons you know

Sound ya. I have the regular navy speedo togs like shorts got. Big shop done today haha. Are you in for much longer or are you finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

thekopend wrote: »
    Sound ya. I have the regular navy speedo togs like shorts got. Big shop done today haha. Are you in for much longer or are you finished?

Finished up and all now down there

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

I no somebody who started in the college in Nov and until they got uniform it was a suit all the time. Trousers shoes shirt and tie, obviously you don't wear a suit jacket all day. And college tracksuit when doing practical stuff. Nobody got away with wearing jumpers over shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ToC15

I' down for induction week on the 29th of March. Just wondering if the room we are assigned for that week is our room for the whole 32 weeks or will someone else be in it for the second week of induction starting the 4th of April? Just want to know if I can bring all my stuff down for the duration of the course with me that week or not....
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

ToC15 wrote:
    I' down for induction week on the 29th of March. Just wondering if the room we are assigned for that week is our room for the whole 32 weeks or will someone else be in it for the second week of induction starting the 4th of April? Just want to know if I can bring all my stuff down for the duration of the course with me that week or not.... Thanks.

You will get your room key on the day of induction and that will be your room. But generally you get moved to residential houses in the area to make way for new intakes so won't be living in the college itself for the full 32 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ToC15

pp1401 wrote: »
    You will get your room key on the day of induction and that will be your room. But generally you get moved to residential houses in the area to make way for new intakes so won't be living in the college itself for the full 32 weeks.
    Grand. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

Does anyone know if you can stay in the halls the night before induction or would you just have to book into a hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Does anyone know if you can stay in the halls the night before induction or would you just have to book into a hotel.

I've a hotel booked the night before anyway, never thought about that though

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Having an absolute blast trying to track down all the first cousins.. Joy of having a distant family!

• Advertisement

ELJeff wrote: »
    Having an absolute blast trying to track down all the first cousins.. Joy of having a distant family!

I wouldnt know 70% of them if i passed them on the street! An aunt got all the info for me tho thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Don't no why your tracking down first cousins because it does not ask for that only aunties and uncles.

Info pack States, Up to and including first cousins.

Info pack States, Up to and including first cousins.

BR form does not request it.

smiley963 wrote: »
    BR form does not request it.
    Are you talking about initial form for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HighTower88

Guys, Is there anything extra a serving Reserve needs to do before induction day? Like do we have to discharge ourselves from the force beforehand or anything of the like? no mention of it in the induction pack.

Also I assume I have to fork out on a suit instead of just wearing my uniform.

Are you talking about initial form for interview?

No the Background check form.

No the Background check form.
    I'm speaking of the information we have to provide during induction week, The background form that was submitted prior to interview only went as far as aunts or uncles

I'm speaking of the information we have to provide during induction week, The background form that was submitted prior to interview only went as far as aunts or uncles

Ah cool. I wasn't been smart.

Ah cool. I wasn't been smart.
    Oh i know was just clearing up the two different forms :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Do you have to give info on all first cousins or just ones living in Ireland?

Boult wrote: »
    Do you have to give info on all first cousins or just ones living in Ireland?

Just the ones living in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Do we need our cousins D.O.B'S or is it just their name and address ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Making me anxious seeing everyone getting these forms sorted already haha, haven't even started

I'm down on the 29th, and want to have next week for relaxation and maybe an odd day trip so trying get it all sorted this week

Uniform and bank details sheet have to be in templemore for tommorro aswell if anyone has forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

For the list of addresses do you need to put down uncles and aunts that are not blood related?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robbiewhelo

Hope everyone going down for the 29th is ready. I can't wait to get down but the nerves are kicking in already .

For the list of addresses do you need to put down uncles and aunts that are not blood related?

No id say its only parents siblings like the br form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Any students passed out who are looking to sell a judo suit could ye pm me?

Advertisement