Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 123D11

Anyone bringing the family down in the mornin or do you think it be a wasted journey for the sake of an hour up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

I am, but they want to go as well!!!

So nervous!!! Do you think we are track suits for the week, trying to decide what to bring for the few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 123D11

milo101 wrote: »
    I am, but they want to go as well!!!

So nervous!!! Do you think we are track suits for the week, trying to decide what to bring for the few days!

Yeah no harm I suppose, I know hard to judge just Gona bring both I think and wear the suit down aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Yeah same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Im bringing them down for the look anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 robbiewhelo

I'm not bringing my family 5hour round drive for an hour look isn't great. Be a waste of a journey. When I can send them pictures of what there is . Getting really nervous about it now.. the waiting is finally over,and the dream can start .

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Good luck everybody tomorrow.

I'm insanely jealous of each and everyone of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Are reserves going to get any new gear at all or will it be the same I'm in dire need to a couple of new shirts and cap?

Must tear into the fitness now again when down in college, been lazy as hell since the physical haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow! Hope it all goes well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Padraigw

Starting next Monday, just wondering if we need the suit for the first week or is it a tracksuit job? Also what's the story with parking down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Padraigw wrote: »
    Starting next Monday, just wondering if we need the suit for the first week or is it a tracksuit job? Also what's the story with parking down there?
    Suit till you get the college tracksuit, and parking is in the Golf club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

Any other advice for induction week lads? Looking forward to meeting you all down there Monday and the following week. Going to be an epic journey!

Leo1986 wrote: »
    Any other advice for induction week lads? Looking forward to meeting you all down there Monday and the following week. Going to be an epic journey!

Get your parents to hide your bank card!

When do they do the retests on the fitness tests is it the first day?

• Site Banned Posts: 61 ✭✭Squire Ladd

What? Are there retests? What happens if you fail? Mate of mine is going down but he has let himself go since the first test.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

What? Are there retests? What happens if you fail? Mate of mine is going down but he has let himself go since the first test.

It will be during the first few weeks after induction week could be week 1 could be week 4 can't be sure when they will have you do it.
    If you fail it you have to pass it by week 8 or you get reverted to a phase behind you but you will get a total of 3 opportunities before week 8.

They said it will b first or second week but be prepared for first week. Your bmi is also measured aswel so get on top of it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamiec4036

Any idea if you can buy swim shorts down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Yup! although the ones we saw were designed to be overly tight/! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jamiec4036

ELJeff wrote: »
    Yup! although the ones we saw were designed to be overly tight/! :D

Lovely, I've only got flowery ones, highly doubt I'd be let away with that, even for induction week

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

I seen for the 99 recruits that finished last month 94 stationed in Leinster and other 5 in Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Does anyone have the phone number for the vetting section?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Huntline wrote: »
    Does anyone have the phone number for the vetting section?

Its the Garda Central Vetting unit: 0353 1890 488 488

I've rang them before, they wouldn't give any info about it but sure you can give them a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Errigal14 wrote:
    Its the Garda Central Vetting unit: 0353 1890 488 488

Errigal14 wrote:
    I've rang them before, they wouldn't give any info about it but sure you can give them a try anyway.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Annk1839

Does anyone know do you have to attend the induction weeks prior to the actual intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Hi, can anyone tell me what time do classes finish everyday and what time do you finish on Fridays? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

RumHam wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me what time do classes finish everyday and what time do you finish on Fridays? Thanks in advance.

5pm is the answer to both questions as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kartkrazy

finish at 5 strictly everyday, yes you have to attend induction week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Annk1839

kartkrazy wrote: »
    finish at 5 strictly everyday, yes you have to attend induction week

Is induction 1/2 weeks? I was told induction starts 13th June, and intake is 27th June?
    Do you stay in templemore during induction?

Advertisement