Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Omahony92

Not all the offers have been sent for the April intake just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Omahony92 wrote: »
    Not all the offers have been sent for the April intake just yet.

Ah right cool. They would want to do it quick. Especially inductions starting in 3 weeks.

The next crowd will be doing their induction the week after the crowd who have gotten their offers ya see. So I'd imagine they will hear on Monday and that way they will have 3 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Errigal14

Is it another 75 that are to be announced to bring the total to 150 for April?

I couldn't tell you all that was said was that not all the offers had been made. It's actually Mark010 who deserves the credit for this info as he was the one who contacted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Errigal14 wrote: »
    Is it another 75 that are to be announced to bring the total to 150 for April?

Makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

So accepted to the 11th april intake , thank god, was just wondering a few things.

IS there still a delay in getting uniforms at the start, wll we need a suit/many suits with us?

I know there's two one week holiday blocks you get during the 32 weeks, are these specifically for 'study' or can you book a holiday or whatever?

Finally, whats the story with the rooms? Don't know much at all about them tbh. Do you get a toilet or ensuite and would it be acceptable to bring a small telly or games console or something along those lines?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Info pack at home! Lots to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ToC15

I know its a few weeks away yet but for the induction week what is the dress code does anyone know? Are we expected to arrive in suit and tie, smart casual or something in between? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Killinator

ToC15 wrote: »
    I know its a few weeks away yet but for the induction week what is the dress code does anyone know? Are we expected to arrive in suit and tie, smart casual or something in between? Thanks

Suit and tie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ciaran1818

Well lads,
    Couple of things, the induction week on tuesday, it says about family coming? Is that the standard yeah? Like is it a few hours a walkthrough of the college for all there?
    Also, im coming from west wicklow area if anyone from around needs a lift for the first few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Think family get a quick cup a tea and a show around between 9 and 10 as we start the induction at 10. Got the email for uniform sizes and bank details there yesterday. So who from boards is goin down on 29th?

thekopend wrote: »
    Think family get a quick cup a tea and a show around between 9 and 10 as we start the induction at 10. Got the email for uniform sizes and bank details there yesterday. So who from boards is goin down on 29th?

I am. Got the letter about the uniform and bank details too

I am. Got the email about the uniform and bank details too

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

I'll be going down myself, Anyone looking for judo suits arounf limerick picked up one in Gleeson's today 37E so not too bad, really recommend trying it on as three diff online size charts gave one size but soon as I walked in to the shop I was told a smaller size and that size as perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

ELJeff wrote: »
    I'll be going down myself, Anyone looking for judo suits arounf limerick picked up one in Gleeson's today 37E so not too bad, really recommend trying it on as three diff online size charts gave one size but soon as I walked in to the shop I was told a smaller size and that size as perfect.

Oh good stuff, will go in this evening!

Think you can get judo suits in the college shop too if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Think you can get judo suits in the college shop too if needs be.

Yep college sells them for 27e, and you won't need them for the first few months anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Well lads for the weeks leave during the training. Do they expect you to do work during it or is it a week for yourself to have off?

Well lads for the weeks leave during the training. Do they expect you to do work during it or is it a week for yourself to have off?

Good question, i've been wondering this too. Was half thinking of heading away for one of the weeks but not sure if we'd be allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Killinator

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Good question, i've been wondering this too. Was half thinking of heading away for one of the weeks but not sure if we'd be allowed.

It's entirely your choice, you're kind of expected to do some study, you may even get some form of written excercise to submit, but no one's gonna chase you down to see what study you did, that's all on you.

Killinator wrote: »
    It's entirely your choice, you're kind of expected to do some study, you may even get some form of written excercise to submit, but no one's gonna chase you down to see what study you did, that's all on you.

Holiday it is then haha, depends on what weeks they give us I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Ya I decided to go for a break a week before induction to get it out of my system. I'll be fully focused then when I go in.

Lads anyone who has been through or in the college how long will we be waiting for uniforms and would we need a second suit to keep us going?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Coco8

Hey guys, I'll be starting on the 4th of April and I guess a good few more on here will be too! Congrats to the others who got it and I'm sure anyone waiting will get the June intake :-)

I'm just wondering what ye suggest to bring with ye for the first week up there? I know there'll be info packs going out but have ye heard from anyone currently there who has suggested little things that we might not realise until its too late?? Is everyone wearing suits etc too?

Finally, I'm curious if anyone knows the story with getting time off when in the college, besides the allocated weeks. I have a few weddings on weekdays and I'd hate to miss them(Best man duties). On the other hand I don't want to get crucified for requesting a few training days off if its a big no no.... One of them is mid April, so I don't think that would go down too well if I asked for it.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 forevergreen

Lads does anyone know what oom they finished giving offers for this round?
    Do you think anyone around 1100 will be getting calls for next round?

Lads does anyone know what oom they finished giving offers for this round?
    Do you think anyone around 1100 will be getting calls for next round?

I know of 980's so it is likely depending on how many left before that number get vetting ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Lads anyone who has been through or in the college how long will we be waiting for uniforms and would we need a second suit to keep us going?

Bring a few shirts and jumpers and the likes. We waited 5 weeks for our uniforms. Other groups weren't waiting as long but just to be prepared anyway.

You'll be in tracksuits for the first week anyway doing the induction. Make sure you bring the swimming gear. You'll be in the pool the first week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Leo1986

Turbo T wrote: »
    Bring a few shirts and jumpers and the likes. We waited 5 weeks for our uniforms. Other groups weren't waiting as long but just to be prepared anyway.

You'll be in tracksuits for the first week anyway doing the induction. Make sure you bring the swimming gear. You'll be in the pool the first week.

The swimming gear I know there has been alot of talk of these in previous posts on this thread but never really got clarification, should they be proper speedos as in budgie smugglers. Thanks for the info as always

• Advertisement

Turbo T wrote: »

Oh so when you get into training its not full suit all the time like black pants shoes shirt and nice jumper is fine? Sound for the reply

Advertisement