Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Yeah, looks like you got it. Very good management on your part, you made good changes throughout the season, so you really deserve it.

I'm happy I made the final for a second year. Love me some FF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Hard luck Moist Bread, your team was absolutely stacked and you rightly dominated the regular season. The playoff system is the great leveler.

I was in 5 leagues this year and won the 2 I didn't finish the regular season as top team!

Big thanks to Marcus Antonius for the weekly updates, they were great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

So in the final round of the season the results were:

In the championship game:

911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 116.58 V.S. 146.32 Calvin and Coobes- McG

3rd place game:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 81.80 V.S. 82.44 Manziel in Distress

5th place game:

Rex Gastric Bandits- lbj666 95.74 V.S. 96.38 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

7th place game:

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 75.24 V.S. 63.90 Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Highest score of the week goes to McG with a huge and championship winning 146.32 (congrats McG & hard luck Moist Bread).
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to The Arizona Defence (first time a D has won this!) with 33.00 owned by lbj666
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Kirk Cousins with 32.20 also owned by Marcus Antonius (Brought him in and didn't realise the game was on Saturday!)

So the final standings for the season are:
    1. Calvin and Cobbs- McG
    2. 911 was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread
    3. Manziel in Distress
    4. Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius
    5. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade
    6. Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666
    7. Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1
    8. Manfana Steelers- Manafana

A good season over all lads, I obviously would have liked to finish higher! With that said I don't think there can be many complaints about the championship game, Moist Bread was stacked and a clear and worthy winner of the regular season and McG had a great post season. This week I'd nearly like to add an extra section, my bench actually outscored by bloody team! 81.80 to 93.60 on my bench. I'm glad I wasn't in the championship game or I would have been raging. Brought Cousins in and didn't realise the game was on Saturday, benched Johnson and Green and they both did well this week getting TDs and Hightower exploded on my bench also. So goes fantasy football!

Anyhow again I'd like to thank you all for the great season and congratulate McG again on ending up the season as champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

McG wrote: »

Big thanks to Marcus Antonius for the weekly updates, they were great. :)

Thanks as well Marcus for a job well done.

And Congratulations to McG for winning with a good hefty score. I thought Moist Bread would have got it based on his performance throughout the season. See you next season, I am off to polish my much coveted:D fifth place trophy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Just gonna follow the suit of some of the other GMs and give this thread a bump. Sign up for the leagues has started again here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057619011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Count me in for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

What's the story with this? When do you all think we will draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

I think we need a poll seems like most other leagues have gone down this route.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What's the story with this? When do you all think we will draft?
    billr67 wrote: »
    I think we need a poll seems like most other leagues have gone down this route.

Can one of you create a doodle poll to decide on a draft date.

The date must be between Friday and Wednesday. The last preseason games are Thursday and the first regular season game is next Thursday, so between those 2 dates.

Billr67 has created this doodle poll for choosing the draft date

• Advertisement

As an add on to the poll, the cut off date for voting is midnight on Thursday 1st of September whatever has the most votes at that stage will be the date/time we will go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I'm in for this if you'll have me!

Unfortunately my draft availability is very limited as I'm heading on holidays early Sunday. I've voted in the poll anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Have a draft Monday and Tuesday next week (God, I love this time of year ��) and plan on being inebriated after the college game Saturday. I can set a queue up to autodraft either if you guys pick a time that can't suit (unless NFL.com let's you draft 2 leagues at once?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Newbi who would love to join any spaces left in div 8?

Draft poll closes tonight guys, I've sent out requests for email addresses to everyone who expressed and interest in division 8 and everyone responded except randomcluster. If I don't get any response from them then I will offer a place to mbradso2003 who has already sent me their email address. That will give us 12 members pretty good, and shouldn't dilute the draft too much.

I'll send out the league invites tomorrow and the draft day will be set, if anyone has discovered they'll be free at another time then you can still update your chosen option on the poll, but if I end up with no clear option then I'll have to make a choice from the 3 or 4 options that are remaining. Hopefully everyone will be able to take part in the draft but if not then autopick will fill your roster for you.

The draft process is explained on NFL . Com unfortunately I don't have enough posts to post a link but a google search will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Really wish I was around for the draft. Especially as I've never taken part in one before!

Oh well - I'll have to look into setting up preferred picks in advance and hoping I come out with something close to what I want.

Well the draft order is random so do set up your rankings. If You're the no 1 pick and there's someone you really want it will guarantee you get your choice. The later rounds are a bit of a lottery.

League invites have all been sent out guys. Let me know if you didn't get one.

billr67 wrote: »
    League invites have all been sent out guys. Let me know if you didn't get one.

I didn't seem to get one Bill

Can you PM me your email address again so I can confirm I sent it correctly.

• Advertisement

Doing great so far 7 have signed up and 5 remain. Let me know if you'be any issues.

10 down 2 to go hopefully they'll sign up today. If you didn't get an invite let me know. Draft day tomorrow.

Thanks for setting this up Bill!

No bother it's quite fun being GM actually. Hopefully you all won't mind when I introduce mandatory drug testing after week 3.

Still 2 short this morning I think it's bobo and ju ju (sounds like baby Pandas) hopefully they'll get sorted before draft time. By the way draft order is random so it's luck of the draw.

The draft room is open and the draft order set. Good luck to all.

Apologies. I had a family emergency yesterday and I didn't have access to internet all day.

No problem hope everything is ok. Hope the draft was kind too.

How do you all think your draft went? Personally I'm happy, even though I regret not grabbing a QB earlier.

• Advertisement

NFL.com gave me an A rating but I'm pretty light at RB until L Bell comes back from suspension. My tight end is a donkey too.

Advertisement