Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

@ MoistBread - I understand your stance on this and that is fair enough, I hadn't meant to accept the trade and it was a genuine mistake - which doesn't actually matter at the end of the day taking into account the boards rules. Thankfully the other party to the trade accepted it was a genuine error. I hadn't meant to cause an issue and should have read the rules more carefully prior to signing up.

Off top of my head only one other person stated in their opinion that it was an unfair trade and again was just trying to be helpful - firstly stating the actual rules that it is tough s*** as the trade was accepted, they then went on to state that if it was a genuine mistake and both parties to the trade accepted that, letting Marcus know that there was a couple of way of resolving it if necessary.

Marcus was merely trying to be helpful to see if there was a way of resolving the issue (on the basis that both parties to the trade agreed) and I appreciated their help on it.

I won't make the same mistake again I can assure you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Ah, I perhaps made a mountain out of a molehill. In any event it's all over now and hopefully there are no hard feelings.

It is pretty crazy that there's isn't a 'Confirm Trade' button after you accept like there is when adding players on the normal website. I guess all this came down to poor mobile site design. I've a bad feeling your team is going to put me in my place this week. Not looking forward to seeing how many points Brady gets vs the Jags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Ah, I perhaps made a mountain out of a molehill. In any event it's all over now and hopefully there are no hard feelings.

It is pretty crazy that there's isn't a 'Confirm Trade' button after you accept like there is when adding players on the normal website. I guess all this came down to poor mobile site design. I've a bad feeling your team is going to put me in my place this week. Not looking forward to seeing how many points Brady gets vs the Jags.

Hah he's been a one man team this season. All from the deflate gate scandel no doubt! Where as I'm stuck with a bandy Drew Brees :( Need to get off the board 0-2 is a woeful start. Also Lynch is proving to be the bane of my existence at the mo, not playing well and he's on the injury report every week!

Hah he's been a one man team this season. All from the deflate gate scandel no doubt! Where as I'm stuck with a bandy Drew Brees :( Need to get off the board 0-2 is a woeful start. Also Lynch is proving to be the bane of my existence at the mo, not playing well and he's on the injury report every week!

Brees out for this week. I have manning available to trade if ya fancy making an offer

Turkish1 wrote: »
    Brees out for this week. I have manning available to trade if ya fancy making an offer

Had Eli and dropped him...had a great game! No luck this season. I'm gonna give Palmer a shot, fingers crossed he has a good game. Thanks anyhow though. What I need is a new RB I think. Lynch was my banker every week, I thought I had the NE starter and Blount doesn't seem to be now. Had the Washington starter and he's been downgraded now as well :mad:

• Advertisement

so it looks like for the second week running I will have the second best score and still come away with a loss. :mad: It can be such a frustrating game.

My team just went off this week. Otherwise I would have lost to you. This part of the season isn't too important sadly, 6 of us out of 8 get to the play-offs. You should be getting Dez back at the right time if you make it.

I'm continuing with my bloody woeful run of form! Think my bench scored nearly as much as my starting team this week. Also damn you Lynch damn you to Hades! :(

My team just went off this week. Otherwise I would have lost to you. This part of the season isn't too important sadly, 6 of us out of 8 get to the play-offs. You should be getting Dez back at the right time if you make it.

Yeah not too important but the competitive side of me still wants to win. :(
    Getting Dez back will be nice but almost more important that Romo gets back for him as takes a serious hit without Romo under centre.

I actually ended up third best score after Rodgers went off last night so a crumb of comfort.

After all the hassle I caused with that trade Gore and Jones went off for 40points :eek:

Week 3 done and dusted and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 86.14 V.S. 133.72 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Calvin and Coobes- McG 64.50 V.S 69.88 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 144.30 V.S. 126.42 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

Manziel in Distress- 74.48 V.S. 105.08 Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Highest score of the week goes to Moist Bread with 144.30
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Aaron Rodgers with 34.92 owned by lbj666
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Steve Smith with 30.60 owned by Manafana

Another loss 0-3. Be doing well to make the playoffs at this rate! Well done to those who won though. There were some huge scores this week (unfortunately mine was not one of them).

• Advertisement

Turkish1 wrote: »
    Yeah not too important but the competitive side of me still wants to win. :(
    Getting Dez back will be nice but almost more important that Romo gets back for him as takes a serious hit without Romo under centre.

I actually ended up third best score after Rodgers went off last night so a crumb of comfort.

After all the hassle I caused with that trade Gore and Jones went off for 40points :eek:

Yeah, as a Colt's fan I was starting to get a bit worried about Gore, good to see him get right this week. Jones has a lot of value in FF, him and Rodgers have decent chemistry in the red zone. As for Lynch, I am shocked at his numbers, of all the back's I would have had him as a banker. All in all a crazy week when you look at some of the individual scores put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

Thank you Beg Ben (My QB) for getting injured without telling me and then having an early game before I could do anything about it! Null Points :mad:

Thank you Beg Ben (My QB) for getting injured without telling me and then having an early game before I could do anything about it! Null Points :mad:

That's a sickner alright :( Lynch continues to be the bain of my existence...questionable with a game time decision. The game of course happens to be the Monday one! So I'm going to have to play it safe and bench him. He will then proceed to have the game of his life against my Lions on Monday :(

Week 4 is down and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 83.88 V.S. 68.38 Calvin and Coobes- McG

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 105.96 V.S 93.38 9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 69.88

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 79.12 V.S. 73.00 Manziel in Distress

Manafana Steelers- Manafana 78.64 V.S. 80.30 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Highest score of the week goes to lbj666 with 105.96
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Devona Freedman with 32.90 owned by lbj666
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Drew Brees with 22.36 owned by Marcus Antonius

So ends Week 5 and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 56.64 V.S. 93.76 Manafana Steelers- Manafana 68.38

9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 101.72 V.S. 102.68 Manziel in Distress

Calvin and Coobes- McG 122.34 V.S. 104.24 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 82.00 V.S. 124.60 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

Highest score of the week goes to Turkish1 with 124.60
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Doug Martin with 33.80 owned by Manziel in Distress
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Andy Dalton with 27.04 owned by Manafana

Another abysmal week for me with my Wide receiving core combining for just over 10 points between the 3 of them! :mad: Congrats to those who won, there were some very high scores this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

So ends Week 5 and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 56.64 V.S. 93.76 Manafana Steelers- Manafana 68.38

9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 101.72 V.S. 102.68 Manziel in Distress

Calvin and Coobes- McG 122.34 V.S. 104.24 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 82.00 V.S. 124.60 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Highest score of the week goes to lbj666 with 124.60
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Doug Martin with 33.80 owned by Manziel in Distress
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Andy Dalton with 27.04 owned by Manafana

Another abysmal week for me with my Wide receiving core combining for just over 10 points between the 3 of them! :mad: Congrats to those who won, there were some very high scores this week.

You got me mixed up with Coopers Klux Klan

lbj666 wrote: »
    You got me mixed up with Coopers Klux Klan

Thanks for pointing the error out, I've gone back and edited it.

at the end of Week 6 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 105.08 V.S. 81.28 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

Calvin and Coobes- McG 101.18 V.S. 114.34 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Manziel in Distress 92.80 V.S. 89.42 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 146.40 V.S. 121.00 Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Highest score of the week goes to lbj66 with a whopping 146.40
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Philip Rivers with 28.12 owned by Stanley Blade
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Chris Ivory with 25.60 owned by Moist Bread

Finally another win on the board for me. Some huge scores out there. Can see the wavier wire being busy this week between injuries and bye weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

that makes interesting reading.

so if Rivers is the hightst scoring active player and Ivory the highest scoring bench player that means Matt Stafford is a FA wow even in an 8 man league that's kinda shocking despite his travails so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

D3PO wrote: »
    that makes interesting reading.

so if Rivers is the hightst scoring active player and Ivory the highest scoring bench player that means Matt Stafford is a FA wow even in an 8 man league that's kinda shocking despite his travails so far this season.

Stafford and the Lions in general haven't been playing that great up until this week. There have been a few QBs on the FA list with better numbers than him. If someone did have em , they could very well have dropped him before this sunday happened.

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    Stafford and the Lions in general haven't been playing that great up until this week. There have been a few QBs on the FA list with better numbers than him. If someone did have em , they could very well have dropped him before this sunday happened.

Yeah got to second this. He's been in poor form before Sunday. I mean the game before hand he was bloody benched he was so bad! This is from a Lions fan. Hopefully he's back on track now. That said I'd be surprised if he's still a FA after the waviers tomorrow.

There's a lot of better fantasy back-up QB's. Stafford can connect with a few bombs and put up 30 points once or twice a season, but he can more easily throw 3 INTs and come out with less than double digits.

There's a lot of better fantasy back-up QB's. Stafford can connect with a few bombs and put up 30 points once or twice a season, but he can more easily throw 3 INTs and come out with less than double digits.

Stafford has been consistently a top 16 fantasy qb in scoring season after season which makes it strange hes not on a roster.

the stats done lie. He does more than the odd big week in fairness anyway was just an observation.

5th in scoring in 2011
    11th in scoring in 2012
    7th in scoring in 2013
    15th in scoring in 2014

D3PO wrote: »
    Stafford has been consistently a top 16 fantasy qb in scoring season after season which makes it strange hes not on a roster.

the stats done lie. He does more than the odd big week in fairness anyway was just an observation.

5th in scoring in 2011
    11th in scoring in 2012
    7th in scoring in 2013
    15th in scoring in 2014

Yeah, I dunno. 15th is ok, I guess. He has had only one big week this season and a couple of alright ones. With how badly he's played so far this season I don't think it's surprising he's not on a roster in an eight man league. I picked up Cam as my back-up this week, could have picked up Tyrod Taylor or Bortles too, both of whom I rate above Stafford at this stage of the season.

cam was on FA too holy **** !!

Haha yeah. Gotta be honest an eight man league isn't that great. I mean, I had Ivory on the bench because I started AP and Murray. Teams are way too stacked.

yep well next season you guys will move up into a 16 team league so I guess its a means to an end.

At the end of Week 7 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 84.10 V.S. 76.36 Manziel in Distress

911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 78.50 V.S. 122.44 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Manafana Steelers- Manafana 82.44 V.S. 105.72 Calvin and Coobes- McG

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 140.50 V.S. 100.44 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Highest score of the week goes to Turkish1 with an impressive 140.50
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Lamar Miller with 35.60 owned by Turkish1
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Todd Gurley with 28.30 owned by Moist Bread

I keep picking up that Highest scoring player on the bench award. God Dammit.

• Advertisement

I keep picking up that Highest scoring player on the bench award. God Dammit.

Heh it's a sickner alright. I've got that weak a bench I've only picked it up once so far. Although I'd Chris Johnson on the bench this week and started Blount who got me -.30 points! I knew the Jets had a good run defense but the Pats really f*cked me over this week. Luckily I was against the lowest score this week

Advertisement