Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

I saw Todd Gurley sitting on your bench and I was going to mention it but for some reason I didnt :cool: hehehe They only gave me a 20% chance of winning this week, I was expecting a bloodbath!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Just had a quick look and everybody is within 1 game (4 teams on 4-3 and 3 teams on 3-4).

Good week for me, but I have a feeling that my RB's are going to cost me going forward after Charles went down injured for me. In an 8man league I really should have better RB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Turkish1 wrote: »
    Just had a quick look and everybody is within 1 game (4 teams on 4-3 and 3 teams on 3-4).

Good week for me, but I have a feeling that my RB's are going to cost me going forward after Charles went down injured for me. In an 8man league I really should have better RB's.

Was looking at that myself, its a tight league so far. Yeah injuries can be a right b*tch. I mean I picked Lynch with my first draft pick and took him 6 weeks to get any sort of points on the board! With that said Brady will no doubt always complement whatever points you RB's get you :P Next few weeks are going to be interesting as a lot of the big teams have bye weeks coming up

There was a strong Brees blowing around your bench this week, eh Marcus! :D:D:D

There was a strong Brees blowing around your bench this week, eh Marcus! :D:D:D

Lol, yeah I know who got the benched player with the most points this week! He goes and has a career game, and it's not like Palmer played bad. But still sickened :(

• Advertisement

so ends Week 8 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 102.66 V.S. 127.84 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Manafana Steelers- Manafana 85.94 V.S. 140.12 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Calvin and Coobes- McG 92.84 V.S. 89.54 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

Manziel in Distress 85.58 V.S. 61.28 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Highest score of the week goes to Moist Bread with an impressive 140.12
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Tom Brady with 30.34 owned by Turkish1
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Drew Brees with 44.30 owned by Marcus Antonius

Well I took highest scoring player on the bench off your hands this week Moist Bread! I find some solace in the fact that even if I played him I still would have lost my match up...sickened by the fact I'd the 3rd highest score this week and still managed to lose but what can you do?

Right since we're half way through the season I thought I may as well post the standings here also:

1. Manziel in Distress 5-3-0 .625 W1 4 711.44 661.78
    2. The Undeflated (Stanley Blade) 5-3-0 .625 W2 2 768.28 743.46
    3. 9 11 was an inside Schaub (Moist Bread) 5-3-0 .625 W1 5 883.04 777.24
    4. Coopers Klux Klan (Turkish1) 4-4-0 .500 L1 3 839.52 801.10
    5. Calvin and Cobbes (McG) 4-4-0 .500 W2 7 742.38 740.64
    6. Rex's Gastric Bandits (lbj666) 3-5-0 .375 L2 1 812.36 839.34
    7. manafana steelers (Manafana) 3-5-0 .375 L3 6 735.90 815.64
    8. Lithe Lions (Marcus Antonius) 3-5-0 .375 L1 8 680.70 794.42

Need to start picking up some wins if I'm going to make the playoffs at this stage. Would be some shameful sh*t not to make them in an 8 man league

so ends Week 9 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 90.88 V.S. 122.78 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 107.06 V.S. 105.46 Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 138.46 V.S. 93.90 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Manziel in Distress 83.22 V.S. 101.98 Calvin and Coobes- McG

Highest score of the week goes to lbj666 with an impressive 138.46
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to DeAngelo Williams with 36.50 owned by Stanley Blade (nice pick up think we were all gunning for him on the Wavier this week, I'd the joy of being 8th pick! :()
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to DeMarco Murray with 22.10 owned by Moist Bread (you can have this award back! :P)

Pretty high scores all around this week. Another loss in the bank for me, I'll blame it on the fact that half my team was on a bye this week and the kicker I drafted in (Folk) injured himself in the bloody warm ups! Onwards and upwards to week 10. I need a play off push pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 90.88 V.S. 122.78 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Highest scoring active player of the week goes to DeAngelo Williams with 36.50 owned by Stanley Blade (nice pick up think we were all gunning for him on the Wavier this week, I'd the joy of being 8th pick! :()
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to DeMarco Murray with 22.10 owned by Moist Bread (you can have this award back! :P)

Pretty high scores all around this week. Another loss in the bank for me, I'll blame it on the fact that half my team was on a bye this week and the kicker I drafted in (Folk) injured himself in the bloody warm ups! Onwards and upwards to week 10. I need a play off push pronto

2nd in points scored overall yet i have a 4-5 record, that's fantasy for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Haha Jesus that is bad luck.

Got my title back. Undisputed king of leaving points on the bench!

Haha Jesus that is bad luck.

Got my title back. Undisputed king of leaving points on the bench!

Once you're still winning that's OK ;)

• Advertisement

"Alshon Jeffery: Tweaks groin, misses Thursday's practice."

Above is the official injury report, does anyone else find it funny or is it just me?

At the end of week 10 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 70.26 V.S. 89.82 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 96.16 V.S. 109.98 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Manafana Steelers- Manafana 71.08 V.S. 87.64 Manziel in Distress

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 69.92 V.S. 120.08 Calvin and Cobbes- McG

Highest score of the week goes to McG with an impressive 120.08
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Antonio Brown owned by Manziel in Distress
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Jermey Langford with 30.20 owned by McG (making McG's score all the more impressive, he's also kindly taken this accolade back off you Moist Bread)

A play-off place seems extremely unlikely for me at the point which is annoying, I tell you I will not be drafting Marshawn with my first draft next season! On wards and upwards to week 11.

Thank you Rawls, should actually win a game for the first time in 4/5 weeks! :D

At the end of week 11 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 126.48 V.S. 55.78 Calvin and Cobbes- McG

911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 129.44 V.S. 69.48 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Manziel in Distress 93.24 V.S 66.78 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 55.72 V.S. 96.50 Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Highest score of the week goes to Moist Bread with a very impressive 129.44
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Thomas Rawls with 37.50 owned by Marcus Antonius
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Doug Martin with 23.50 owned by Manziel in Distress

Finally got another win in the bank but unfortunately it seems too little too late. On wards we march towards the play-offs with week 12 up next.

2 games left in the regular season. I've only lost Edelman so far, hopefully my team can stay fit for the play-offs.

so ends Week 12 the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 119.34 V.S. 93.22 Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Manziel in Distress 97.74V.S. 106.92 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 89.48 V.S. 115.46 Calvin and Coobes- McG

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 81.10 V.S. 125.40 The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Highest score of the week goes to Stanley Blade with an impressive 125.40
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Adrian Peterson with 30.70 owned by Moist Bread
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Ryan Fitzpatrick with 29.18 owned by Manziel in Distress

Since this is the last week of the regular season I thought I may as well post the standings here also:

1. 911 Was an Inside Schaub- Moist Bread 9-3-0 .750 W5 1352.16 1131.50
    2. Calvin and Cobbes- MCG 7-5-0 .583 W1 1135.66 1109.74
    3. Manziel in Distress 7-5-0 .583 L1 1073.28 1008.24
    4. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 6-6-0 .500 W1 1113.22 1179.60
    5. Rex Gastric Bandits- lbj666 5-7-0 .417 L2 1199.60 1248.60
    6. Coppers Klux Klan- Turkish1 5-7-0 .417 L3 1190.42 1235.18
    7. Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 5-7-0 .417 W2 1087.66 1156.00
    8. Manafana Steelers- Manafana 4-8-0 .333 L1 1102.26 1185.20

So last week before the playoffs and it really is down to the wire. We have our over all winner of the regular season at this stage. Congrats Moist Bread, quite the feat, while picking up highest scoring player on the bench most weeks! We then have 3 of us on 5-7-0. My game against Turkish1 will be the game who decides who is the last team who manages to sneak into the playoffs. We also have Manziel in Distress and McG fighting it out for the other bye place at the top of the table. On to an interesting final regular season week guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Guys FYI Moist Bread shouldn't be facing anybody...

First two seeds should be getting playoffs byes.

3 V 6 & 4 V 5 in playoffs

Lowest remaining seed then faces Moist Bread and the other faces whoever finishes second.

D3PO wrote: »
    Guys FYI Moist Bread shouldn't be facing anybody...

First two seeds should be getting playoffs byes.

3 V 6 & 4 V 5 in playoffs

Lowest remaining seed then faces Moist Bread and the other faces whoever finishes second.

Sorry my bad, I'll change the post ;) Thanks for letting me know. Makes sense the top two get byes for doing so consistently well

so ends Week 13 the final week of the regular season and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 119.64 V.S. 108.28 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 95.57 V.S 95.38 Calvin and Coobes- McG (wow that was a close one, hard luck!)

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 100.84 V.S. 138.84 Manziel in Distress

Manafana Steelers- Manafana 101.60 V.S. 102.82 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Highest score of the week goes to Manziel in Distress with an whopping 138.84
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Cam Newton with 36.14 owned by Moist Bread
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Russel Wilson with 34.06 also owned by Moist Bread

There were some huge scores this week with only one game where people were pulling in less than a hundred! Now we move on to the playoffs. Moist Bread and Manziel in Distress are both granted a bye week as they finished 1st and 2nd respectively. We also have to say good bye to Turkish1 and Manafana for a week. They will be playing the following week against the two losers of the playoffs. So for the playoff this week we have:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius V.S. Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666
    Calvin and Cobbes- McG V.S. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

Best of luck this week guys and those on bye weeks enjoy not stressing over your WR/RB dropping what should of been a guaranteed TD or fumbling a simple catch.

So ends week 14 the first week of the playoffs to the championship and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 104.00 V.S. 78.32 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 86.52 V.S. 105.80 Calvin and Coobes- McG

Highest score of the week goes to McG with 105.80
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Odel Beckham with 28.60 owned by McG
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Eddie Lacy with 20.80 also owned by McG (all the awards to you this week!)

So in the next round of the playoffs we have:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius V.S. 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Manziel in Distress V.S. Calvin and Coobes- McG

Which leaves lbj66, Stanley Blade with byes this week and I'm afriad Turkish1 & Manafana also have byes again this week.

Best of luck again this week guys and hopefully you weren't as unlucky with bloody injuries as I was over the weekend! :(

• Advertisement

I would just like to say that Odel Beckham is not getting a Christmas card from me this year, as he knocked me out with 28 points! :( . Congrats to McG , and well played.

I would also like to thank Marcus for some sterling work this season!

Me and Gronkowski are off to cry in a corner for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

thought I had a reasonable chance going into the Giants/Dolphins game. Needed around 20 points from Landry + Beckham and ended with closer to 40! :)

Season didn't start very well for me so was delighted just to have made playoffs.... and maybe Eddie Lacy is coming to form at just the right time for me too.

McG wrote: »
    thought I had a reasonable chance going into the Giants/Dolphins game. Needed around 20 points from Landry + Beckham and ended with closer to 40! :)

Season didn't start very well for me so was delighted just to have made playoffs.... and maybe Eddie Lacy is coming to form at just the right time for me too.

Heh I know the feeling, luckly I had a good run of form for the last few games to scrape into the playoffs! The luck might be out now though, Rawls broken foot, Stewart strained ankle, Blount injured (he was only a back up mind you)...so just had to get in 3 new RB no biggy. Lol :rolleyes: Plus I've got a game against Moist Bread this week who's team is insanely stacked. Not surprising he finished top by a mile. 3rd place play-off most likely on the cards. Still it's been a fun season so far. Last time I played fantasy football I believe Johnson was the Lion's first round draft pick, so it's been a while.

it's Watson v Cooks tonight for a spot in the Boards Div 8 final!

Ha the other place in the final is well and truly decided. Can't see Megatron and Hightower picking up 60 points between the two of them. Damn you to Hades Cam Newton! But also fair play Moist Bread ;) I woke up and saw the Cardinals had won by a landslide and thought good man Palmer...nope 3 running tds :(

I was pretty worried going into last nights Cards game. Palmer has been a beast this season, coupled with Calvin against the saints secondary and your propensity for comebacks this season, I was thinking it could be close. Stranger things have happened, but I should be through to the final now.

I would just like to say that Odel Beckham is not getting a Christmas card from me this year, as he knocked me out with 28 points! :( . Congrats to McG , and well played.

I would also like to thank Marcus for some sterling work this season!

Me and Gronkowski are off to cry in a corner for a while!

He must of heard you, got suspended. It was shameful watching him in the Panthers game. Though it remains to be seen if the suspension holds up.

So ends week 15 the second week of the playoffs to the championship and the results were as follows:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 68.16 V.S. 117.40 911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

Manziel in Distress 118.86 V.S. 128.18 Calvin and Coobes- McG

Highest score of the week goes to McG with a massive 128.18
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Cam Newton with 41.61 owned by Moist Bread
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Eddie Lacy with 26.74 owned by Marcus Antonius (not that it would have made a difference this week!)

So in the final round of the season we have:

In the championship game:

911 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread V.S. Calvin and Coobes- McG

3rd place game:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius V.S. Manziel in Distress

5th place game:

Rex Gastric Bandits- lbj666 V.S. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

7th place game:

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 V.S. Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Best of luck again this week guys!

2nd year making it to the final. Last year I went unbeaten all through the regular and post season only to get crushed in the final, hope that won't happened again. Odell Beckham destroyed me in that game, so maybe his ban is a good omen, who knows. Best of luck in the final, McG, and to everyone in their games.

• Advertisement

Good competition so far. Could come down to McManus on Monday night football

Edit: my team is looking pretty good now. Would take an incredible AP game tonight to stop them
    2nd year making it to the final. Last year I went unbeaten all through the regular and post season only to get crushed in the final, hope that won't happened again. Odell Beckham destroyed me in that game, so maybe his ban is a good omen, who knows. Best of luck in the final, McG, and to everyone in their games.

Advertisement