Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

Draft is open now, get in there I am lonely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Happy with how the draft went myself.

So week 1 fixtures are

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius V.S. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread V.S. Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 V.S. Calvin and Coobes- McG

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 V.S. Manziel in Distress-

Not sure who owns the other 2 teams. If you let me know I'll edit the post. May the best team win lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I'm Calvin and Cobbes. Had a screaming baby in my ear for most of that draft so wasn't able to pay as much attention as I would have liked but decent team I think:

QB - Luck
    RB - Lacy & Gore
    WR - Beckham & Cooks & Adams
    TE - Kelce
    K - Bailey
    D - Miami

Bench - Bradford, Foster, Yeldon, Agholor, J Brown

any point in having divisions?

McG wrote: »
    I'm Calvin and Cobbes. Had a screaming baby in my ear for most of that draft so wasn't able to pay as much attention as I would have liked but decent team I think:

QB - Luck
    RB - Lacy & Gore
    WR - Beckham & Cooks & Adams
    TE - Kelce
    K - Bailey
    D - Miami

Bench - Bradford, Foster, Yeldon, Agholor, J Brown

Looks like a decent team to me. I was happy with mine too

QB- Brees
    RB- Lynch & Morris
    WR- Johnson & Cobbs & Watkins
    TE- Bennett
    K- Tucker
    D- Baltimor

Bench- Eli Manning, Blount, Smith, White, Witten

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »
    any point in having divisions?

I think that's locked in now after the draft. I know it's fairly pointless with only 8 teams.

Just got an email from NFL UK News, its seems Bears vs Green Bay will be shown on Pick TV (Sky 152), Sunday 5:30 . I assume its Freeview:) For anyone like me too poor for Sky Sports/gamepass!

"Pick" TV is an unfortunate name for a station when Jay Cutler is playing Green Bay!:D (I am a Bears fan)

Other games may be shown, see below:

Quote from EMail below:
    Even those without access to Sky Sports can catch some action, with Sunday’s game in Chicago also aired live on Pick TV. That will be the first of several games on an occasional basis to be shown across non-sports channels during the season, including the final six Sunday Night Football games on Sky One. You can find Pick TV on these channels; Freeview (11), Freesat (144), Sky (152), Virgin Media (123).

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

Looks like a decent team to me. I was happy with mine too

QB- Brees
    RB- Lynch & Morris
    WR- Johnson & Cobbs & Watkins
    TE- Bennett
    K- Tucker
    D- Baltimor

Bench- Eli Manning, Blount, Smith, White, Witten

Got tied up in work so had an autodraft and didn't even have pre draft rankings set. :(

QB - Manning
    RB - Charles, Miller
    WR - Bryant, Green and Matthews
    Te - Fleener
    K - Vinatieri
    Def - Seahawks

Bench - Brady, Blue, Jennings, K Wright and D. Allen

Relatively happy, wouldnt have gone near Manning personally and prob would have steered clear of Green aswell - (QB just not good enough for him).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Id be starting Brady over Manning tbh. I think Brady is going to do a big F You to all this inflategate stuff and show he can throw the ball better than anybody in the NFL. Expecting him to have a monster season tbh.

I am hoping that having Gronkowski at TE:cool: may give me a few points extra.
    I had trouble with WRs last year and since this is a 3 WR league I thought I better grab a few first instead of focusing just on RBs (we shall see how this strategy works later on). I made too many changes last year and ended up with a team of losers later on.

I benched Alshon Jeffrey from my beloved Bears as they are playing Green Bay in the first game. Does this make me a Traitor:confused: .Great way for the Bears to gain confidence for the season by being thrashed by Green Bay in their first game :(:(:(

• Advertisement

I am hoping that having Gronkowski at TE:cool: may give me a few points extra.
    I had trouble with WRs last year and since this is a 3 WR league I thought I better grab a few first instead of focusing just on RBs (we shall see how this strategy works later on). I made too many changes last year and ended up with a team of losers later on.

I benched Alshon Jeffrey from my beloved Bears as they are playing Green Bay in the first game. Does this make me a Traitor:confused: .Great way for the Bears to gain confidence for the season by being thrashed by Green Bay in their first game :(:(:(

Was thinking you were mad going for a TE so early in the draft, he has however got you a heap of points this against me! 3 TDs! :(

Was thinking you were mad going for a TE so early in the draft, he has however got you a heap of points this against me! 3 TDs! :(

They rated my team 6th out of our 8! How dare they! Gronk will show em! I expect 5 TDs from him next week:P

Happy with how the draft went myself.

So week 1 fixtures are

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius V.S. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade

9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread V.S. Manafana Steelers- Manafana

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 V.S. Calvin and Coobes- McG

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 V.S. Manziel in Distress-

Not sure who owns the other 2 teams. If you let me know I'll edit the post. May the best team win lads!

So one week down guys, the final scores were:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 91.20 V.S. The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 113.64

9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread 110.94 V.S. Manafana Steelers- Manafana 61.62

Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1 99.02 V.S. Calvin and Coobes- McG 94.12

Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666 79.76 V.S. Manziel in Distress- 107.54

Highest score of the week goes to Stanley Blade with 113.64
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Tom Brady with 27.62 owned by Turkish1
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Carlos Hyde with 30.20 owned by lbj666

Happy with the W but Bryant going down for 4-6 weeks is a killer really.

Manning on the trade block if anybody wants him for a WR preferably.

Lads,

I got a pop up message this morning about a trade proposal from Calvin and Cobbes. As soon as I went into it, they said it was accepted. I 100% never accepted the trade and I think its fairly clear to see I wouldn't accept it either as I think it is not that close to a fair offer

He was offering Frank Gore and James Jones for Lamar Miller and Moncrief. There is no way I would accept that trade.

Is there anything that can be done? Can the league veto the trade. It was literally proposed in the last 10 minutes?? :mad:

the official rule in the boards leagues are tough **** if you make a mistake, but that's a massively lobsided trade in my book so it would seem to be a genuine eror and not traders resmorse.

the league admin could stop this trade but its best to try and first get agreement from calvin and cobbes to nullify the trade and or allow the other league members to veto it.

this is exacltly why I wont use the mobile app when I get a trade popup as to easy with a touch screen to inadvertently hit something you don't mean to.

D3PO wrote: »
    the official rule in the boards leagues are tough **** if you make a mistake, but that's a massively lobsided trade in my book so it would seem to be a genuine eror and not traders resmorse.

the league admin could stop this trade but its best to try and first get agreement from calvin and cobbes to nullify the trade and or allow the other league members to veto it.

this is exacltly why I wont use the mobile app when I get a trade popup as to easy with a touch screen to inadvertently hit something you don't mean to.

I won't be using the mobile app again regardless of the outcome here. Have sent Calvin and Cobbs a PM so hopefully he will accept that it was a genuine error and agree to nullify it.

Hi D3PO I'm the league admin, how do I go about stopping the trade. Other than vetoing the trade which I have already done?

Cheers

Hi D3PO I'm the league admin, how do I go about stopping the trade. Other than vetoing the trade which I have already done?

Cheers

hey Marcus when I say stop the trade what I mean is one it completes you can manually adjust the teams back to the way they were. Its not stopping the trade per se.

easiest way is if you get enough people to veto the trade tbh but I don't know what the settings are in terms of the numbers needed to do that.

hey Marcus when I say stop the trade what I mean is one it completes you can manually adjust the teams back to the way they were. Its not stopping the trade per se.

easiest way is if you get enough people to veto the trade tbh but I don't know what the settings are in terms of the numbers needed to do that.

Ah, yeah that'd be mad awkward, hopefully Calvin and Cobbs can just cancel it or we get enough votes to veto it. I'm glad I don't use the mobile app now! Thanks anyhow

• Advertisement

I just voted against the trade for ya, I found it difficult to view the trade though. If everyone goes to: "My Team" underneath the "View Game Center" area there is a "Team Notes" section there with a "View Trade"link to the trade, if everyone reading this votes against then it should scupper it? The "View Trades" link in the "My Notifications" section didnt work for me.

I seem to spend most of my time now worrying about some guy in Chicago or somewhere that has a dodgy knee! Is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Seems like a fair trade to me. If I have second thoughts about a trade in future I expect to have it reversed if that's what happens here.

only seeing this now. I don't think the trade was "massively lobsided" but happy for it to be cancelled if genuine mistake. I can't cancel it on my end though, will need admin to do it. I can't vote to veto either.

Seems like a fair trade to me. If I have second thoughts about a trade in future I expect to have it reversed if that's what happens here.

There's no need to get snarky they have sorted it out between the two of them. Also bear in mind guys that the mobile app can be easy to make mistakes with and that I won't be editing rosters as League Manager as this is not fair, even if an error was made. I'm glad that the two of you could come to a resolution though with regards to the accidental trade.

So another week down guys, the final scores for week 2 were:

Lithe Lions- Marcus Antonius 71.00 V.S. 99.44 9 11 Was an inside Schaub- Moist Bread

The Undeflated- Stanley Blade 82.86 V.S. 80.56 Rex's Gastric Bandits- lbj666

Manafana Steelers- Manafana 107.42 V.S. 101.04 Coopers Klux Klan- Turkish1

Calvin and Coobes- McG 63.30 V.S. 97.00 Manziel in Distress-

Highest score of the week goes to Manafana 107.42
    Highest scoring active player of the week goes to Ben Roethlisberger with 30.66 owned by Stanley Blade
    Highest scoring player on the bench of the week goes to Ryan Tannehill with 24.06 owned by Manafana.

Sorry for the delay was away this weekend. Another loss for me 0-2 :(

There's no need to get snarky they have sorted it out between the two of them. Also bear in mind guys that the mobile app can be easy to make mistakes with and that I won't be editing rosters as League Manager as this is not fair, even if an error was made. I'm glad that the two of you could come to a resolution though with regards to the accidental trade.

If someone presses 'accept trade' that's their fault. It's simple. I just took issue with the fact that several people jumped in saying it was an unfair trade, which is clearly subjective. The numbers at the time were quite similar between the players. Also, I took issue with you saying that you looked into reversing the trade yourself as GM. Despite you now recanting that stance. That would set a precedent that all trades could be reversed by the GM if someone has cold feet. I hope this makes sense to you and you don't go accusing me of being snarky again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

If someone presses 'accept trade' that's their fault. It's simple. I just took issue with the fact that several people jumped in saying it was an unfair trade, which is clearly subjective. The numbers at the time were quite similar between the players. Also, I took issue with you saying that you looked into reversing the trade yourself as GM. Despite you now recanting that stance. That would set a precedent that all trades could be reversed by the GM if someone has cold feet. I hope this makes sense to you and you don't go accusing me of being snarky again.

you where a little Snarky though

manafana wrote: »
    you where a little Snarky though

I live in denial of the fact then.

• Advertisement

I would never have reversed the trade without acceptance from the other party involved. You are right that the GM has no right to do this. Apologies if that was not clear before hand. I still believe that your original post was snarky, however I don't wish to have an argument about it so I apologies if you took offence. I have now established that going forward it will be between the two parties to sort it out among themselves.

Advertisement