Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

list what teams you offered trades to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ye, no problem, but an email notification goes out when a trade offer is made and presumably folks are checking their team at some point in the week. No Huddle Punters, Bohemian Patriots, Ratoath Renegades

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Trade out to Foxyfellows.

You and I need more players Jamie, seem to be the only ones throwing out trades (even if they get a touch ludicrous)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

By my count there's 5 and possibly 6 teams fielding inactive/bye players this week. Can the commish send emails/PMs or something and see what the story is? Not that I mind winning by 50 or 60 points but it's a bit hollow when it's against an injury and 3 byes.

• Advertisement

What's worse is when you lose to a team with inactive players, stupid Julius Thomas and your 2.6 pts...

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Emails sent out guys. Not sure what the punishment is though, banishment perhaps?

All their best players traded away for all my crappy, injured ones?

Andy Dalton with the season's best performance to date, exceeding all expectations. Hope you're up to the challenge this week Jamie, clearly it's going to be a tough one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

End of the road for me this year, congrats to Dublin G Men a deserving finalist coming out of the most competitive division (4 of the top 6 in overall points scored).

Amazingly at the start of the fourth quarter in the Eagles Cowboys game we were tied at exactly 84.38 points each with a quarter of my Maclin and the Eagles Def versus Bryant to come but the last touchdown for Dez sealed things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Double G Brew

Thanks SSK, I was pretty disappointed going in as a 5th seed with a 11-2 record but it just goes to show how competitive our division was. I reckon the Dragons will be looking to get revenge on me in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Double G Brew

Congratulations Jamie! deserving champion, lead the league for most of the season and a great score to put up in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Just signed up. My team name is the Lithe Lions. Hopefully we will get a gang together to make the league viable.

Marcus Antonius

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I've set up a division 8 for anyone that hasn't gotten themselves into a boards league yet. Just PM me for an invite

Draft is set for Wednesday 9th Sep at 9pm so unless i get at least 8 in here in the next week then it wont go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

In as Rex's Gastric Bandits.

Thanks a million for setting it up.

Although managing a fantasy league is great for the c.v.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

In as 9 11 was an inside Schaub.

Thanks very much for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

In as Coopers Klux Klan

Thanks for organising

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

In as "The Undeflated"

Thanks to Spongey for the link.

I hope there are enough joiners, see you all Wed night when I take that player you always wanted! :pac:

Good news is we have at least 8 so we have enough. There are 2 more invites out there but dont know which ones havent joined up. I will need a volunteer to take over the LM of this division as i cant be in it. No major work to be done on it. Mainly reactivate it next July and post up the final standings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

guys you want me join to make up numbers was booted from higher league?

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    guys you want me join to make up numbers was booted from higher league?

Spongey1975 is the guy dishing out the invites if you want to message him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

The more we get the better.

There is 8 in this league plus myself. I need to delete my team before the draft so i need to pass the LM duties to someone or else this draft will not take place tonight. Any volunteers

There is 8 in this league plus myself. I need to delete my team before the draft so i need to pass the LM duties to someone or else this draft will not take place tonight. Any volunteers

What do the duties involve? I wouldn't be overly pushed to do it but if nobody else volunteers, sure thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

if its an 8 team league can we add to make it 2 qb league or a flex? or an extra sub spot otherwise might not make much skill to the draft.

What do the duties involve? I wouldn't be overly pushed to do it but if nobody else volunteers, sure thing.

Very little. Just make sure there are no blank teams as the draft cant go on with a blank team in there. That means just setting the number of teams to 8 when i leave the league

Then just reactivate the league next july and post up the final standings so i can maintain the rankings

Easy :p

manafana wrote: »
    if its an 8 team league can we add to make it 2 qb league or a flex? or an extra sub spot otherwise might not make much skill to the draft.

I have at least 4 invites out there but people dont want to accept them. you can make it into any sort of league you want but then it wont be Division 8 or part of the boards leagues

Very little. Just make sure there are no blank teams as the draft cant go on with a blank team in there. That means just setting the number of teams to 8 when i leave the league

Then just reactivate the league next july and post up the final standings so i can maintain the rankings

Easy :p

Sure hit me with it then, since there doesn't seem to be a long list of volunteers;) Cheers for setting it up and getting 8 heads in anyhow! I'm the Lithe Lions

Sure hit me with it then, since there doesn't seem to be a long list of volunteers;) Cheers for setting it up and getting 8 heads in anyhow! I'm the Lithe Lions

Thats done and im deleted. If you need any help just PM me

• Advertisement

Thanks Spongey for setting this up, thanks Marcus for taking it on. Sorry I couldnt really put myself forward as Manager as I lack the experience, (only 1 season playing) didnt know what an LM was until yesterday, dont know what PPR ,Keeper means etc.

Advertisement