Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting technician course 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Foxylocks

The college I'm in starts on the 22nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Started this today. Anyone where I could pick last yrs books for yr 1 cheapish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

They are changing some of the law course and the tax changes every year so you might need the new versions of these books.

We very rarely used the books tbh, not to say to don't need them you do but I with the new tax levys and all that you may need the new versions. If you still want the old ones, Adverts have a selection of people selling their old books

Wohoo passed, y2 here I come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Well done!!!!

Well done foxylocks.
    How is 2nd year going for everyone?

Grand I much prefer it now, really like management accounting

So far that's my least favourite one ! IAS seems ok and FA is starting to come back :)

Really don't enjoy IAS in my class.
    The teacher is 'flying through' the practical stuff on sage50 and there is no explanation to the theory/application of it in the background (if that's makes sense)

Have people downloaded it and tried it from home??

• Advertisement

We have done a bit and am really enjoying it, teacher is great and really talks you through each step. We have started sage micro pay and excel case studies. Hope your class improves, is it a big class?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wendy2000

hi all does anyone have any reccomendations for grinds for financial accounting year one, i did email the relevant college they dont have a list etc very disappointed but not to worry said ill try here, based in north dublin

thanks

How is everyone doing on year 2,anyone doing the revision classes in Dublin?

Anybody doing 2nd year exams this May? Would be nice to chat and see how its going?

I'm doing year 2 I passed the first year the first time around for all the exams but I did a good bit of study but this year I am struggling big time
    How about you

Yes finding it hard going, maybe because law and business only required reading but this year its 4 subject that require much more work, mostly with numbers and numerous rules. did Dublin revision class last Saturday it was very good.

How many hours of class do you have per week and how nany hours of additional study(if any) are you doing?

Has anyone done the Ias exam? If so how was it

How is the study coming along?

Trying to bring the parts together, mainly looking at afa, a small bit of tax, leaving management until next weekend.
    Did you get any study time off.

• Advertisement

Ya i have loads of time off during the exams. I am F** ked for tax. Looking at it now and lost

same last year and i got 50% exactly(examiner feeling generous i say)

Should be ok for management accounting. Havent even looked at financial yet because Im looking at Tax now(have a class tonight)

I have a strong feeling i will be repeating this year :(

Was thinking about the IAS. 70% is alright to get like!!!

For Tax: corp tax one question, income tax one question and CGT one question, vat one question, it is a handy one not harder than last year just learn services and filing dates.
    Look over questions from 14 and 15 learn the layouts for corp tax and closed rules. I would concentrate on these key areas. Good luck we have finished classes and a lot of people are feeling unsure about the exams your not the only one.

Thanks Juncert

the above is very helpful.

Most def will follow it

Well what did people think?????

you could have done the first 2 chapter and soci and passed well. I don't think it was an accounting exam, to much theory.

juncert wrote: »
    you could have done the first 2 chapter and soci and passed well. I don't think it was an accounting exam, to much theory.
    Everyone said the same everyone was given out about the theory and the paper as a whole

Very unfair with the hours put in on all the statements,ratio's etc. What did you think?

Ya like government grants, manufacturing accounts, detailed ratio analysis , etc nothing really

I'm dissapointed and not too confident hopefully won't have to repeat but if so , so be it at this point . My attitude is different this year as I know I didn't put in much work so if I fail 2/4 I'd be satisfied haha which is bad I know but still . Loads left the exam early today too

How about yours ?
    . How you set for tax ?

I put in a lot of work the last 2 months, hope to pass it, I will not do as well as last years that's for sure, but this year if I pass them I will be very happy. The exam should be 50/50 theory but that felt 75/25.I did not see many leaving today. Less in the hall than last year.
    I have not look at tax for a week so going to get started on it now. Good luck.

• Advertisement

How are people getting on? I'm dreading the exam. Sample papers 2&3 I think are very hard sample paper 1 is ok

Advertisement