Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting technician course 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eddie85

Interesting thread. I also started this course part time in September. Like other people I'm finding the volume of theory in BM and L & E to be a bit overwhelming. It seems very difficult to keep in my head, I read through a chapter one day and the next day I can barely remember anything from it.
    However I do find the taxation and FA much better. Does anybody know if the compensation rule still exists. If you get between 45-50% in one subject but manage a high mark in another, can the strong subject help bring up your mark in the weak subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

No think thats gone,but I think you only need to pass 3 of the 4 exams to get into 2nd year

are we all studing or hiding from the books?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Studied for the first 3-4 weeks then I found it very difficult up to now with work commitments. Part time is tough and I feel there is a lot of work with involved when working 40hrs a week. My plan(fingers crossed),is to get the head Down over Christmas. It looks like a few people have dropped out of my class also.

What about everyone else?

Same here,have a lot of work planned for over christmas, class is smaller now and see it getting even smaller after Christmas,I can understand why.Have formed a study group with a few from class, we will meet a few times over christmas break.

• Advertisement

How is taxation going for you teacher not great for us?do you get any notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭stevief01

How are the exams going lads???

I dont have any exams at the moment. no class exams.

My y1 exams start in may

Ok thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Hey everyone! I am currently in a full time course. But for personal reasons can't continue there. Does any one know is it possible to do this year from home? Or a part time course either? ( I'm in the west if that helps) I'm confused on what to do... Thanks.

• Advertisement

I would say once your registered for the exams there is nothing stopping you doing them.Best to ring iati and they will have a list of colleges that do the course evening time if that is any help,there is an online course they will have all the info.

Hey

How is everyone doing? Have you been studying at all over the Xmas break? Or working throughout.

To be honest I did F**k all and decided to study today and beginning to realise I've a lot of work/study ahead. I've been quite relaxed and beginning to feel the pressure. Motivation to study after working all week is a killer:)

How about you all? How you feeling at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

hi knew on here so was thrilled to see this thread. I'm currently doin 2nd year of this course through FAS. My advice for first year is do past exam questions again and again !!! I found Business Mgt and Law and Ethics the worst by far....so boring...great if u love theory...don't need to no all the cases for law just try learn a few.

Thanks for that Tina,started looking at Law papers and it seem very to have a very wide content for exams.Good luck to you,im only year one but doing it at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi Folks, I've just come across this course and I'm looking up online.

Are many of you doing it online or in the college?

How are you finding it?

After looking up the course it looks like something I have a keen interest in. The fees seem ok as well and It seems like you get a diploma afterwards is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Hi all.

I am really considering doing the Accounting Technician course and I just have a couple of questions. Where are most of you studying the course? And is it full time or part time?

Thought I'd ask a quick question here, after you completed the 2 year part time ATI course can you apply for an advanced entry into a full time degree course. I emailed the head of accounting in DIT but the link she send won't open. Thanks in advance. ðŸ‘

How is the study going for the exams in May,we should be finished most books by mid April.Anyone going to the extra classes in Dublin ?

Hey,

Ah things are going on. Dreading the exams now. Don't believe I've put in enough work but I keep attending classes.

I won't be going to the extra classes( don't have the time with work and the course)

........ I've been looking online lately for jobs and it's seems everywhere wants work experience and it got me thinking. What are your plans to complete the 2 years work experience? Are you currently In a role that meets the requirements, will you need to look elsewhere?

It's seems like it's gonna be tough to find.

I work in this area so hope to get signed off for it.Im going to put the head down for the next few weeks with the books and hope it pays off. lol

• Advertisement

How is everyone feeling now coming up to the Exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Charcoal express

Hey guys. I'm grossly unprepared for tax and financial accounting anyhow that's for sure. Was told we won't finish the financial accounting book too..

Hey,

I'm the same with Tax and Law Not really prepared and will struggle in an exam I'd imagine.

Surprised you were told you wont finish the book. Was there classes cancelled?

Are you studying?

wally1990 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm the same with Tax and Law Not really prepared and will struggle in an exam I'd imagine.

Surprised you were told you wont finish the book. Was there classes cancelled?

Are you studying?

I'm trying to study yeah but I'm useless at tax and financial. Nope the lecturer is a first time lecturer decided it's not for him And won't be continuing to teach next year so we kind of got messed about I guess.

ah that's bad now alright.

I would be fairly annoyed.

Have you used touchpoint on the accounting technician website? That might help you.

wally1990 wrote: »
    ah that's bad now alright.

I would be fairly annoyed.

Have you used touchpoint on the accounting technician website? That might help you.

I have indeed yeah. The quiz style questions are helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lorzy_

I am interested in doing this course in Cork. Has anyone done it at CIT or College of Commerce? How are you finding it?

Am I right in the understanding that after completion of two years in college, you then have to get work experience for two years before you are considered fully qualified?

Is it easy to get the work experience?

How is the study going,two weeks tomorrow to the first exams.feel ok for tax and so so for fa,law and business are hard going trying to keep it in the head.classes are finished and putting in a few hours each evening now.how is everyone doing?

hey, I took the week off work to study and Im in trouble I'd say FA and Business Management I should be ok,,,, Law Im F***ed for I'd say, My teacher was boring enough and To be honest I havent even started to study it(planning on doing the repeat),, Not too sure how I am set for Tax yet.. should be ok

after speaking with the other people in my class,alot of them are under pressure(finding time to study with work,kids,commitments etc)

many of them feel Business mgt and FA are the hardest( but I suppose it depends on the person).

Praying for the 50% now:)

how about everyone else?

• Advertisement

Can't get time off to study,but doing a bit each night.should be ok for fa and business,business is so long.are you doing your exam in Dublin?wondering what parking is like?

Advertisement