Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And less than 2 GB on Gamecube :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And less than 2 GB on Gamecube :)

Not surprising at ~480p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not surprising at ~480p

regbc-cart-1-bugfix-v1-0_15.png?w=450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

is this available on PS3's....

brinty wrote: »
    is this available on PS3's....

Yupp, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Xbox One

Also, Capcom confirm PSN Europe won't be able to preorder the game but say buying it within the 1st 2 weeks of release will get you the crossbuy option (buying it for PS4 will get you a fre copy for PS3 and vice versa)

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/15/resident-evil-hd-no-pre-order-for-european-psn-users/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So the pre order cross buy stipulation must only apply to the US?

I see that you can predownload from the US store too, think I'll buy it from there, given its cheaper than the Irish store too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not surprising at ~480p

I'd say it's the 1080p video and uncompressed audio that bump it up, I hardly think some higher res textures and backgrounds will affect it that much. Still coding games today is so wonderfully inefficient :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

sheehy83 wrote: »
    :confused: as in is it Gigabit or Gigabyte? Does anyone even use Gigabit for file size? If so, apologies, sheer lazinees on my part for not using caps.

14.2 GB on PS4 and 14.68 GB on Xbox One

It probably has 12GB of DLC on the download for future purchase!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say it's the 1080p video and uncompressed audio that bump it up, I hardly think some higher res textures and backgrounds will affect it that much. Still coding games today is so wonderfully inefficient :)

Yeah it's probably a 50-50 split (I can't remember how video heavy RE1 was), but of course they're going to impact on filesize (which is all we're talking about, I know sheehy83 thinks it's an entirely different topic - one I've zero interest in getting in to :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

How can I buy this and pre-load from the US store? When I sign in to my PSN account on the laptop (to buy) it directs me to the Irish/Eu store and Resi 1 HD is nowhere to be seen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Elessar wrote: »
    How can I buy this and pre-load from the US store? When I sign in to my PSN account on the laptop (to buy) it directs me to the Irish/Eu store and Resi 1 HD is nowhere to be seen?

You make a US account. Not allowed to say how on Boards anymore.

I've it pre-ordered now on the US Store.

I was given the option to download, but then, nothing happened. The icon for the game appears on my PS4 Live area screen, and when I go into the PSN, it shows a countdown timer to release date.

So much for pre-loading!

Pre-loads on US PSN, usually kick in 2 days before the release so check it on Sunday evening to start the preload. Then it should be unlocked around Tuesday 5-8am (Midnight in the US)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Went with the U.S. store myself worked out at 18.45 so cheaper and will have it when I wake up Tuesday!

Too much messing with eu store!

Ps mines downloading now only 3.4gb though ?

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Went with the U.S. store myself worked out at 18.45 so cheaper and will have it when I wake up Tuesday!

Too much messing with eu store!

Ps mines downloading now only 3.4gb though ?

Mine cost €17.05 - bought a $20 PSN Digital Code from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Mine cost €17.05 - bought a $20 PSN Digital Code from Amazon

Same as myself, can't wait now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

ASOT wrote: »
    Same as myself, can't wait now!

You didn't play the remastered masterpiece on GameCube then?

Dayum wrote: »
    You didn't play the remastered masterpiece on GameCube then?

I didn't - I believe this remaster is a remaster of the Gamecube remaster 2a7a0_1310235.jpg

Only ever played the PS1 version - and we had no memory card, so we had to play the whole thing through, in some EPIC gaming sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

I only ever played the ps1 version as well so absolutely buzzing for this!

Chris or Jill first is the question? Has too be Chris for me always use too pick Jill

I was playing the Gamecube version only recently and I must say it has held up very well and still looks good even today.

For those of you who never played the Gamecube version; its a great game and I'm sure you will enjoy this new remake.

Oh, and to answer the previous post choose Jill for easy difficulty or Chris for hard difficulty.

• Advertisement

Gonna play Jill first for Moonlight Sonata alone. Not looking forward to my Chris playthrough where he butchers it!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Does the game play out differently depending on if you pick Jill or Chris?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Does the **** pope in the woods?

It really only affects the difficulty of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It really only affects the difficulty of the game

And the story, the paths you take and the endings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You get 2 different but similar stories. Playing as Jill makes the game easier while opting for Chris increases the challenge. They encounter different characters and Jill has the innate ability to pick locks while Chris requires a key.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Chris has 2 less inventory slots which is a pain in the hole!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Chris has 2 less inventory slots which is a pain in the hole!

I forgot about that. The manual for the original game said he could take more damage than Jill but I don't think that was true or significant.

BTW, does anyone think the system requirements for PC are accurate. I'll be heartbroken if my laptop can't run it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

I just got my key from GMG, downloading it now.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hmm, to get this on PC or PS3....so much dilemma. Get now for PC or wait for PS3?!?!

Advertisement