Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm on a snow day off work, and have lashed into this. Some new puzzles that weren't in the ps1 version, but may be familiar to Gamecube players. I've not played the Gamecube version before, so it's like a new game in parts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a spectacularly poor review from eurogamer, well it got 7/10 but it was more a spectacularly poorly written review.

The reviewer said he needed a faq for puzzles which is bull, all the clues are there if you read all the documents (sounds like they rushed through it) and also complained about the controls where the forward position on the controller changed when the camera angle changed. That's an issue only relating to the new control scheme though. The tank controls in the original are there for the precise reason as to avoid this issue so looks like you are better off with the classic tank controls which aren't as bad as the moaning say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah lads defo a great (re)release for you traditional RE fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The reviewer said he needed a faq for puzzles

:eek:

I was looking at a review vid, just a minute as I haven't played the GQ version so don't want any of the new stuff spoiled but the bit they showed reminded me of the good old days of puzzles. The reviewer must be too used to new-skool puzzles like in Uncharted where if you don't solve it within 10 seconds, the answer flashes up on screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

i'm buying this when i get home this evening
    i bought the PS1 directors cut off PSN pre christmas... soooo slow, but great tension ;)
    can't wait to try this with PS3 capabiitieas
    how much is it costing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Downloading now, though will be tonight by the time I get to play. 23gb will take at least 12 hours on my connection :(

brinty wrote: »
    how much is it costing?

20 euro. That gets you a copy for both PS3 and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just picked up a copy there off the US store for €17. I loved the original so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

sheehy83 wrote: »
    20 euro. That gets you a copy for both PS3 and PS4.

€20, thats a steal
    sign me up Resi....

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

When's this going to be available in shops for us that can't download it?

• Advertisement

When's this going to be available in shops for us that can't download it?

As far as I know it's download only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

neasyerac wrote: »

Yea, download only.

Ah no, on 4mb that will take me ages to download. MGS 5 Ground Zeros took over 7 hours and it was only 3.9GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can import the physical copy if you are really stuck. It is still in English.

You can import the physical copy if you are really stuck. It is still in English.

Will that work ok in Europe? Might have to do that.

Ah no, on 4mb that will take me ages to download. MGS 5 Ground Zeros took over 7 hours and it was only 3.9GB.

The pain is real man, I'm on 4mb also. Started download about 2 hours ago, hoping it will be finished by tonight sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Bloody hell!

I forgot how frustrating it was to die and not have saved in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Will that work ok in Europe? Might have to do that.

Don't know if you're PS4 or Xbone but both are region free. Some people here have ordered from Play Asia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Has anyone here run it on PC? How do ye find the port?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The pain is real man, I'm on 4mb also. Started download about 2 hours ago, hoping it will be finished by tonight sometime.

May try downloading it. Will take ages but I have to finish off The Evil With In before hand anyway.

• Advertisement

May try downloading it. Will take ages but I have to finish off The Evil With In before hand anyway.

It said 23gb download on the purchase screen but all I downloaded was 3.5gb and then I was able to play.

It said 23gb download on the purchase screen but all I downloaded was 3.5gb and then I was able to play.

It's still downloading in the background and certain doors very early on will give an error when you try to open them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit. I've already bought Resident Evil on the Playstation (along with the Director's Cut), the PC and the Gamecube. I know there's zero chance I don't buy this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's going for around €11.50 on Nuuvem for PC

How long is it telling you it will take to download the whole 23gb?

How long is it telling you it will take to download the whole 23gb?

Not sure it's not on the download screen now, there's a way to check in settings but can't remember how to find it.

Also it's a pain ha only having 6 inventory slots. Plenty of things to pick up but no space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone who never previously played this on the Gamecube or is their first time playin, i'd love to see their reactions at about the halfway point in the game when they are scuttling about the mansion again :P

Decided to download it in the end. 50 hours left!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm actually tempted too pick this up, I havent played it since I 98/99 I'd say.

• Advertisement

Decided to download it in the end. 50 hours left!

Once it hits 3.5gb you can start playing.

Advertisement