Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Any known plans for a RE2 HD remake?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Elessar wrote: »
    Any known plans for a RE2 HD remake?

As much as I would love to see this, doubtful. This is a HD remaster of the remastered RE1. AFAIK they haven't ever done a remaster of RE2. Just direct ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I'd love an RE2 remaster but between this and Revalations 2, I'd still like to see Resi 7 at some point (or would I?). I'd love if Resi 7 was like a next gen Resi 2.

Feel like I would cheating if I bought this for next gen. Still have my gamecube and a copy of the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I'm actually really looking forward to playing this, I never played any of the original games on ps1 back in the day, I was too young and too scared to play them. I think there was a leak recently which pretty much confirmed their working on a remastered version of resident evil 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I think there was a leak recently which pretty much confirmed their working on a remastered version of resident evil 0.
    I really enjoyed RE0 when it came out on the Gamecube. Thought the switching character mechanics worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

I bought a pre-purchase key from GMG for €15.60.

I know I won't get it immediately, but does any one know when I should expect it?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

How much is it on the PSN store does anyone know offhand? I cant get on for a while to check!

penev10 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed RE0 when it came out on the Gamecube. Thought the switching character mechanics worked well.

I also have this for the GameCube and I never gave it a chance. Worth a go again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ASOT wrote: »
    How much is it on the PSN store does anyone know offhand? I cant get on for a while to check!

It's not on the EU store yet. It's on the US store since before Christmas and can be pre ordered there. The EU PS store won't be updated again before it's release. Silly move form Sony and Capcom as it is just encouraging EU members to buy from the US store saving money in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's not on the EU store yet. It's on the US store since before Christmas and can be pre ordered there. The EU PS store won't be updated again before it's release. Silly move form Sony and Capcom as it is just encouraging EU members to buy from the US store saving money in the process.

Maybe it's an EU censorship issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I ment on the US store my bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I ment on the US store my bad!

Iirc it was $20.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's going to be €20 on all platforms apparently. Bad form not having a preorder link up for Europe, especially seeing as its cross buy on PSN when preordered from the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Blatter wrote: »
    Iirc it was $20.

Just pre ordered on USPSN :)

Cant wait, had played a bit on the Wii but the pixelation was a big put off for a game that should look gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

its up for pre order on the xbox one in eu
    20e
    think its worth it, have not played it in years, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I have to assume that the us market is a better investment than the EU market.

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz, or better
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260, ATI Radeon HD 6790, or better
    Monitor Resolution: 1024x768 or higher
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    Additional Notes:
    Controller: Supports Keyboard +Mouse. Genuine Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or comparable XInput-based gamepad recommended.

RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 GHz, AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 GHz or better
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, ATI Radeon HD 6950, or better
    Monitor Resolution: 1280×720 or higher
    DirectX: Version 9.0c
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    Additional Notes:
    Controller: Supports Keyboard +Mouse. Genuine Xbox 360 PC compatible controller or comparable XInput-based gamepad recommended.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/resident-evil-hd-remaster-system-requirements.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have to assume that the us market is a better investment than the EU market.

The US Market consists of Mexico, the US and Canada and 3 localisation languages while the EU consists of dozens of countries and localisation operations which is the real reason for these delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Is this not going up for preorder on the EU PSN this Wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Pre-Ordered this for the PC. It comes out a few days after I finish my exams, it's meant to be :D

Is this not going up for preorder on the EU PSN this Wednesday?

It should be but who in the hell knows. I wish we got the same updates as the US. Any game I'm interested in, I'm always left in the dark regards to preorder, pre-load, etc. Just makes me want to pre-order, preload and play earlier and cheaper from the US store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

that does NOT look like it's hitting 30fps in terms of character model movement...

sheehy83 wrote: »

Some of the complaining is unbelieving on the you tube thread about it being 30fps! Who needs 60fps for shuffling corpses and pre rendered backgrounds!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Some of the complaining is unbelieving on the you tube thread about it being 30fps! Who needs 60fps for shuffling corpses and pre rendered backgrounds!

Thanks Jaff, I now feel 20% stupider after reading those comments :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks Jaff, I now feel 20% stupider after reading those comments :(

Do Old School Zombies even move @ 30FPS?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Elessar wrote: »
    Just ordered it, expedited shipping, hoping it's here by Friday!

Beware you may get hit by customs charges, bastards caught me when I ordered off Pa During the summer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why the F**K don't more people just own gamecubes.... their loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Why the F**K don't more people just own gamecubes.... their loss

Even if i had a gamecube and resi REmake(which i guess i kind of do through Dolphin), id still have bought this, and 3 times too, PS3/PS4/PC.

Advertisement