Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm actually tempted too pick this up, I havent played it since I 98/99 I'd say.

The Remake is well worth it. Improves upon the original PS1 titles in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Cannot wait to download this on me 360 played it on Playstation and Gamecube people that haven't played it are in for a treat.. I'd love to see Capcom do the same with Resident Evil 2 that game was quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Still waiting on my order from play Asia, ordered over 2 weeks ago. In no rush to play it yet, but people are praising it.

I know it's just a cleaned up version of the Nintendo remake but can't wait to play it as never played it.

When does Revelations 2 start to come out?

What's the difference with the episodic version and the later disc version? Loved Revelations 1 on the 3ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Damn them runner zombies are a pain, Spend 5 mins running around a table with it chasing me trying to get some shots on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Cannot wait to download this on me 360 played it on Playstation and Gamecube people that haven't played it are in for a treat.. I'd love to see Capcom do the same with Resident Evil 2 that game was quality

Yes I'd love to play 2 again. I played Res Evil 1 on PS1 before but never finished it but did finish 2 and it's still one of my all time favourite games. I'd love to see it on the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cravez wrote: »
    The Remake is well worth it. Improves upon the original PS1 titles in spades.
    I assume it's worth buying even if I have the Wii version of the Remake sitting unopened on the shelf?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bollix sake, started the dowload at lunch. Checked there and it stopped at the 3gbs. Only got going again once i started the game. Turned it off though, gonna wait for the full download so everywhere is open. Saying that another 3gbs just downloaded in 10 minutes so can't complain too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

neasyerac wrote: »
    Once it hits 3.5gb you can start playing.

Which platform are you referring to? Downloading on Xbox One here and it's at 21%

Update: Never mind. It literally just popped up "ready to play" after I wrote this.

Jumped in there for a quick mo to take a look and it looks AMAZING on high settings at 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

10 minutes into the game, got a gun with 15 bullets, killed 2 zombies, have 2 bullets left
    fking bullet sponges :L

edit: last 2 bullets gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

2 tips. Don't kill an enemy unless you have to. Burn every zombie you can, they might get up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

penev10 wrote: »
    2 tips. Don't kill an enemy unless you have to. Burn every zombie you can, they might get up again.

Forgot the red heads

penev10 wrote: »

how do you burn them?

Could you do that on the ps1 version :L

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Really impressed with it only ever played ps1 version

Some new areas and stuff and the defensive items are good

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    how do you burn them?

Could you do that on the ps1 version :L
    You find Kerosene around the game, you need a flask to fill it and then a lighter to burn the bodies.
    So with Chris this makes things alot harder since you have 6 slots instead of Jill's 8.

You couldnt do it in the original game

theirs none of that at the start though, also I am stuck, all doors seem locked (through the map) I know where the mansion key is but can't get it because of obvious reasons ( I remember how to get it in the ps1 version) but in this one the layout of the game is different or at least I think it is, basically I can't find the object to help me get the actual key itself, I have been in every room I must be missing something, have a very vague memory of this, but one part I remember in the first one was when you get to the area were you find the 1st floor map, I remember going through a door in that room which led certain enemies coming at you along a corridor.

That door is locked for me, and I am nearly sure that was one of the first doors you could go through when you began the game.

I am only about 5-10 minutes into it story wise and already stuck :L so I obviously I must be missing a part where I have to put an object I have into a place to get something.

* Also I am writing this way to save spoilers for people, on the phone and have not got a clue how to use spoilers *

edit: nvm found the bloody way wasn't obvious either :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

LOL there is already a PC mod to get rid of the door loading screens....that was fast. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I played this on the Gamecube so I never had the intention of ever picking this up but if they remake RE2 and RE3 then I'll buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

With the cash they make on this and then release Res Evil Zero HD and see the profit, they would be mad not to re make Res Evil 2, the best in the series imo. I'd pay €50 for Res Evil 2 remade to Res Evil HD standard.

Capcom should just make that and ditch Res (Call of Evil) 7 or put it on the back burner as all the fans are asking for this.

From what I remember reading at the time, the GameCube remake was a nightmare to do and Capcom came out and said they would never do anything like it again for all the work that was involved. They claimed it would have been easier to make a new game from the ground up than do what they did. Sure if they want to pump out Res Evil 6 tripe.

Azza wrote: »
    LOL there is already a PC mod to get rid of the door loading screens....that was fast. :pac:

I miss the taking the steps up the stairs loading screen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I miss the taking the steps up the stairs loading screen :pac:

I miss the cheesy intro introducing all the characters. With the young Val Kilmer Wesker lookalike.

Oh my God. First thing i tried to do when i had full control was open the front door. Well that's different from ps1! Died and now have to go through the intro again. Went be taking this for granted again :D

Edit: just noticed that jiggling hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Azza wrote: »

The door loading screens adds to the creepiness, don't rush it, just mellow into it.

I have to say they done an excellent job on the graphics and also the levels are different in some-way as at the first part the type-writer is in the room with the long table instead of out in the main hall wtf.

The only problem I'm having at this time is with this old Tevion game-pad as it works great for 20 minutes and then you can hear the computer disconnect sound as if it was removed from the usb connector, it's doing my head in, must be a bogey gamepad. Will have to leave this game now for a few days till I purchase an xbox 360 windows gamepad. Great game to play again after all of these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Res Evil 2, the best in the series imo. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Resi 1 is, and always will be the best.
    Second to that, is the REmake

For nostalgia, for me its a tie between Resi 1 & 2
    For pure horror Resi 1 Remake
    For action Resi 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know, I really want a physical copy but it works out around 35 shipped or so.
    I just don't think a downloaded copy will still be available to me in 10 years time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Anybody else seeing frame rate drops in certain areas on the PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I would have liked to see resi 2 remade. Resi 2 was my first resi and ps1 game. It seemed so amazing to me at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd love to see Resi 2 remade also. Maybe we should get a petition going? I think it'd be a much bigger job than the original Resi though, given that this is already a remake of a remake, and is not the original PS1 version.

Imagine if they remade all of the first 4, and boxed them up in a package! I'd pay 70 quid for that

• Advertisement

Have to say, there was a small part of me that thought I would get over the nostalgia fairly quick but with the changed keys, new puzzles and enemie locations, it's keeping the tension up and is a brilliant trip down memory lane.

I tried the new controls for about 15 minutes and although the mobility and zombie escaping is a huge plus with it, it's way too annoying moving into different scenes so it's back to tank controls for me. Thought it was horrible for about 5 minutes but then it clicked again and works brilliant for this kind of game. Tank is definitely way to go.

As for Resi 2 remaster, I'd say that would be a huge job for them and it would be either Resi 2 or Resi 7. Personally I'd prefer Resi 2 remade in case we see another Call of Resident Evil again.

Advertisement