Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah but one big difference that remains to be seen is if they retain the static cameras angles or go for the re4 over the shoulder thing.

why not both :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Yeah but one big difference that remains to be seen is if they retain the static cameras angles or go for the re4 over the shoulder thing.

If they're doing a remake akin to like Resident Evil 1 Remake. It will probably be the fixed camera angles like in the original Resi 2. I personally don't mind the fixed camera angles myself.

I guess we'll find out down the line once they tease some gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Would personally prefer the fixed camera angles rather than an over the shoulder 3rd person view for the resi 2 remake. We saw with the HD remaster how well this worked and it really lends itself to the atmosphere of paranoia and isolation needed for a good survival horror game. From every angle you're seeing exactly what the developers want you to see which as I said worked really well for the HD remaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Cravez wrote: »
    I'd say the fan made Unreal 4 demo of Resi 2 probably helped nudge it also as everyone was fawning over it.

Great news overall!

I thought it was terrible - I'd have no interest playing it if it looked like that. I reckon it had more to do with the sales from the HD remake than anything to do with that fan remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I thought it was terrible - I'd have no interest playing it if it looked like that. I reckon it had more to do with the sales from the HD remake than anything to do with that fan remake.

It still looked good for a fanmade project.

Never said it was the sole reason, but if they had asked the team to stop working on a fan project, you can definitely be sure that they were watching the project it's comments/reception prior to any official announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it as a gauge the audience without using any resources themselves.

• Advertisement

It still looked good for a fanmade project.

Never said it was the sole reason, but if they had asked the team to stop working on a fan project, you can definitely be sure that they were watching the project it's comments/reception prior to any official announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it as a gauge the audience without using any resources themselves.

It's great for a fanmade project but there's no way I'd want to play it tbh.

I'd imagine the poll the ran themselves was what they used to gauge interest in the game. Also the comments sections under any story to do with the Resident Evil 1 HD remake had a massive amount of people looking for 2 to be done. I'd imagine the fanmade game was a happy coincidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

With the annoucement of Resi 2 officially being remade, Capcom asked the team behind the fan made project to stop. In fairness they did it in a nice way, they didn't order any cease and desist.

While the the team's project may never see the light of day, they can probably be rest assured they were part of a catalyst that helped Capcom actually giving us an official remake.

Hopefully there's a torrent kicking around to tide me over until the official remake comes out... in three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

why not both :pac:

I don't think the over the shoulder perspective would play well in a tense horror game. Great for action though.

So hopefully the game doesn't get 'actioned up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

If the remake is not fixed camera, it's not RE 2. Not that I dislike over-the-shoulder view or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

That's great news. I'm only half way into resi-1 HD now and it's really good, it holds true to the original resi-1 with great graphic improvements. Looking forward to resi 2 HD, but I just hope that they stick with the original camera angle. Over the shoulder angle can feck-off, will not be interested if they change the original format.

I know that it's only Capcom that are upgrading most of their best games to HD, but If only Core Design done the same with tomb-raider 1/2/3 and 4 that would be great. I hope they follow suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't Anniversary the upgraded Tomb Raider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't Anniversary the upgraded Tomb Raider?

Anniversary is a good few years old now. I was more thinking of the very first ones that came out on the playstation 1.

This new Tomb-Raider games out now are basically entirely 3rd person shooters. The first ones are more puzzle orientated and better imo. Make the first ones HD and they would be damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But that's what I'm saying. I haven't played Anniverary myself, but as far as I know it's a HD remake of the original Tomb Raider. But maybe not.

I must get back to the RE HD remake. Though now I'm wondering if I should just wait longer since I was planning on going on to 2, having only played the Jill campaign of REmake on the Cube and a bit of Zero

But that's what I'm saying. I haven't played Anniverary myself, but as far as I know it's a HD remake of the original Tomb Raider. But maybe not.

It is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Want to download this but not sure I have the space.

Does it really take up 11GB?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But that's what I'm saying. I haven't played Anniverary myself, but as far as I know it's a HD remake of the original Tomb Raider.

Anniversary is also excellent and well worth tracking down to play it. Really enjoyed it when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Want to download this but not sure I have the space.

Does it really take up 11GB?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304240/

20Gb on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Totally worth it. Gorgeous game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Will there be physical copies of the upcoming RE Zero remaster or is it digital only like the last one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Will there be physical copies of the upcoming RE Zero remaster or is it digital only like the last one?

There will be physical copies, but only as a package with the RE:make on the PC, PS4 and the One.

[Url] http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B016WC55AE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1452624942&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=resident+evil+origins+collection&dpPl=1&dpID=518pvYQ84PL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1[/url]

• Advertisement
Advertisement