Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

YES!! I've wanted this for ages. It'd be nice to get Resi 0 as well but this is definitely the better of the pair!!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Nice one, day one for me too, played Res Evil 1 on PS1, Saturn, PC and the Resi remake on the gamecube cannot wait for this.

And the hopes that this means we may get a hd remake of Res Evil 2 and 3 at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'm all over this, didn't have a Gamecube :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

no wii u version ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

I had a Wii (stop laughing!) and played the sh*t out of this. But even having played it looking at the screenshots makes me want to buy this again!

So, just as a thought, how many versions of RE1 are there? The original, the Directors Cut, Remake and now HD Remake. Or are there more?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nice one, day one for me too, played Res Evil 1 on PS1, Saturn, PC and the Resi remake on the gamecube cannot wait for this.

And the hopes that this means we may get a hd remake of Res Evil 2 and 3 at some point

That'd essentially involve making a new game from scratch. All that's needed for this is to touch up the character models, textures and maybe update the sounds as well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The 2002 version had about 5 hours of extra gameplay and a few more gameplay elements, although I could still finish the game in an hour, looking forward to picking it up again though.

I had a Wii (stop laughing!) and played the sh*t out of this. But even having played it looking at the screenshots makes me want to buy this again!

So, just as a thought, how many versions of RE1 are there? The original, the Directors Cut, Remake and now HD Remake. Or are there more?

Deadly Silence on the original DS, but I think that was pretty much a direct port of the playstation original.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

That'd essentially involve making a new game from scratch. All that's needed for this is to touch up the character models, textures and maybe update the sounds as well.

Sure, wasn't there also a Resi 2 remake for the Gamecube and PS2. For Resi 2, they could easily do the same thing as there doing for Resi 1.

You right in regards to Resi 3, however they would have to make an entirely new game.

wes wrote: »
    Sure, wasn't there also a Resi 2 remake for the Gamecube and PS2. For Resi 2, they could easily do the same thing as there doing for Resi 1.

You right in regards to Resi 3, however they would have to make an entirely new game.

They weren't remakes, they were straight ports with a slight improvement in graphics due to the higher resolution.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bought a Gamecube with this game, it was the straw that broke the camels back for the system for me. It still looks stunning on Gamecube so should look really nice if they have the original art assets for the backgrounds and can up res them. It's good more people can get to play this because for me it's the best in the series of traditional Resi's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Deadly Silence on the original DS, but I think that was pretty much a direct port of the playstation original.

Of course! I even have that. Loving that they shoehorned the "DS" in there. Wasn't that the one where when you entered a room it automatically changed to first person to knife (or frantically swipe) at the zombies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Better not be full retail price >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really don't see the point behind this unless it's going to be a cheaper downloadable title. It's strictly going to be a nostalgia trip because the controls and gameplay look so outdated these days. A full and proper HD remake of RE2 would be better but even then it just seems like Capcom haven't got a clue what to do with Resident Evil and are scrapping the barrel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Fantastic! I was more of a RE2 person (still put it on the PS3 every so often) but this is great as I liked the little taster with the clone mansion scenario in the RE5 gold edition.

Of course! I even have that. Loving that they shoehorned the "DS" in there. Wasn't that the one where when you entered a room it automatically changed to first person to knife (or frantically swipe) at the zombies?

Yeah, I died many times from not swiping quickly enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally, a hd remake of something that is really good.

I hope it's not going to be half arsed remake... Considering how much time they are taking, it should be at least half decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bit worried about cropping when it's in 16:9 I'm clear on what they mean by "scrolling" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Capcom ever going to move away from the plastic skin looks of their character design? :|

Finally, a hd remake of something that is really good.

I hope it's not going to be half arsed remake... Considering how much time they are taking, it should be at least half decent.

It's not a remake, just a quick facelift for €20 (I'd say that's what the price will be).

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

The Resi 4 remake cost €20 on Steam, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't the same price, give or take.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's strictly going to be a nostalgia trip because the controls and gameplay look so outdated these days.

You've be surprised with how well the old games hold up and I've never had any problem with tank controls. Anything is better than the god awful Resi 6 anyway.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Bit worried about cropping when it's in 16:9 I'm clear on what they mean by "scrolling" :confused:

The original assets were rendered in 4:3 so if they are in widescreen they will probably be cropped unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

I will never, ever forget the moment I was sitting watching my mate play this new game he'd gotten called Resident Evil on the PS1, watching him wander around a bit, nothing happening, oh wow, he's walking down a corridor, big woo...HOLY F#CK! ZOMBIE DOGS JUST JUMPED THROUGH THE WINDOW! and I nearly jumped outta my skin! :D

Years later, when it went platnuim and I could afford it, I bought it thinking I was much braver then a couple years ago so the game wouldn't catch me off-guard like that again, I wouldn't be scared, I wouldn't be scared...

...then that scene where the first Hunter tracks you down played...my blood ran cold...then I got decapitated. :pac:
    Really don't see the point behind this unless it's going to be a cheaper downloadable title. It's strictly going to be a nostalgia trip because the controls and gameplay look so outdated these days. A full and proper HD remake of RE2 would be better but even then it just seems like Capcom haven't got a clue what to do with Resident Evil and are scrapping the barrel now.

Hopefully its the start of them re-doing the entire series:

RE1: ground breaking, never felt afraid playing a game before.
    RE2: awsome game, big replay ability, I've lost count how many times I've finished that game, then found out about a secret I missed and went back to play it again!
    RE3: not as good as RE2 but still a good RE game, the crafting system was a bit of a PITA but overall good story and Mercenaries satisfied the run & gun brigade
    RE4: massive deviation from the previous format but IMHO a masterpiece, another game I replyed numourous times
    RE5: only RE game I haven't finished, life got in the way, must come back to it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You have to hand it to Capcom - they know how to exploit the crap out of Resident Evil 1 and 4 :p

Cannot think of many if any games (the ubiquitous likes of Pacman aside) with the amount of variant versions, across so many platforms, over such a long amount of time. It's great given the quality of the games, but also sort of ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You have to hand it to Capcom - they know how to exploit the crap out of Resident Evil 1 and 4 :p

Cannot think of many if any games (the ubiquitous likes of Pacman aside) with the amount of variant versions, across so many platforms, over such a long amount of time. It's great given the quality of the games, but also sort of ridiculous!

Metal gear
    final fantasy

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Metal gear
    final fantasy

:P

Notice how their all Asian based :L

Yep, according to Wikipedia Street Fighter 2 has a few dozen different versions.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I will definitely buying this. Hey go all out and re release RE2 and Nemsis. I loved those games :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, according to Wikipedia Street Fighter 2 has a few dozen different versions.

Fair point - Street Fighter is pretty much the grand daddy of mind-melting multiple versions.

MGS and Final fantasy would definitely be on par with Resi too!

The frustrating thing is that for all the multiples of Resident Evil 1 and 4, with various bells and whistles, the second and third games still only have their vanilla versions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Resident Evil (Wii)" has been dispatched.

Your delivery date is:
    Saturday, September 28, 2013
    ...still on the shelf in the cellophane.

Advertisement