Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 1 HD Remake

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ive only played RE 1-3 and RE 1 is the best , I was reading up on Re 0 ,never played it , was surprised to read its a prequel to RE 1 which is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ive only played RE 1-3 and RE 1 is the best , I was reading up on Re 0 ,never played it , was surprised to read its a prequel to RE 1 which is cool.

I never played 0 either so would try a remaster of that. I would highly highly recommend you play Resi 4, absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

, I was reading up on Re 0 ,never played it , was surprised to read its a prequel to RE 1 which is cool.

It sounded cooler than it actually was.
    Retro actively written prequel story ham fisted unto us, with a shine new questionable gameplay dynamics.

Very few list it as their favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I played all of them. Zero is quite good. RE4 is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

SO is this worth it on PC then? Anyone have any game play footage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

srumball wrote: »
    SO is this worth it on PC then? Anyone have any game play footage?

Definitely worth it, it ports over amazingly well and it looks great on the highest settings at 60 FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Apparently Zero it is the most difficult of the Resi Games. Dont be surprised if it is the next game to get the next gen treatment if they make a fortune of this one!
    Also I would love to see a Resi 2 remade in the same format as Resi 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Apparently Zero it is the most difficult of the Resi Games.

It's definitely not. It's a toss up between Resi 1 and Remake. Zero is pretty easy really and short.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dayum wrote: »
    I played all of them. Zero is quite good. RE4 is a masterpiece.

Which one was four again ? I cant seem to remember it at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

emmetkenny wrote: »

The one with the demented villagers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »

4 was the first one that was more action focused - Leon Kennedy on the island.

I've never played it though, sometimes its on sale for as little as a fiver on xbox live, but my backlog is too big as it is.

I've never played it though, sometimes its on sale for as little as a fiver on xbox live, but my backlog is too big as it is.

Never played it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Never played it myself.

Played it on the Wii. Absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

4 is a brilliant entry in the series, and if you let nostalgia out of the equation it only ranks higher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never played it myself.

Jaysus lads, forget the backlog. You need to play Resi 4. It's the best action game of the last 10 years, nothing has come close since.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, forget the backlog. You need to play Resi 4. It's the best action game of the last 10 years, nothing has come close since.

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7720

hmmm, 16 hours you say? colour me tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

There are still gamers out there that HAVENT played re4?

Jesus, what's wrong with some people! Of course, the very best version is on a Nintendo system ;p

I played Resi 4 on PS2 and the extra story with Ada was class. There is a HD version on PSN store for PS3 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

It's definitely not. It's a toss up between Resi 1 and Remake. Zero is pretty easy really and short.

From personal experience I have found Code Veronica the hardest.

There are still gamers out there that HAVENT played re4?

Jesus, what's wrong with some people! Of course, the very best version is on a Nintendo system ;p

I've only ever played 2 and 5, and both probably because they must have come out during a dry spell of games at the time. I actually really enjoyed both of them but not so much that I felt the need to seek out every RE game made.

Whats the story with 6? some people online seem to think its complete muck, but others feel that if it were called anything except 'Resident Evil' it would be praised more.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I played Resi 4 on PS2 and the extra story with Ada was class. There is a HD version on PSN store for PS3 at the moment.

Ugh, the PS2 version was awful. Well that might be an exaggeration, it was a good conversion and looked great for a PS2 game but it looked awful compared to the Gamecube version. The HD release is probably the best way to play it now since it has all the graphical effects and higher poly count that were previously exclusive to the Gamecube and Wii version but with the extras the PS2 version had, although the Wii version plays great with the wiimote control scheme.

Whats the story with 6? some people online seem to think its complete muck, but others feel that if it were called anything except 'Resident Evil' it would be praised more.

The people that defend that game are ones that are wrong. It really is a dreadful game. At best it's a very dull action game. At worst it barely even works in terms of game design (pretty much all of Chris's campaign and a few other awful moments like the church boss fight).

Don't bother, just play 4.

Seriously 4 is such an incredible game, it's a must play for anyone interested in good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I like to pretend to myself that Resi 6 never happened. Like Terminator 3. It jumped the shark and is no longer Res Evil. 4 was a step in a different direction and it worked very well. 5 was more action and less horror survival. 6 was just third person Call of Duty with zombies and monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

There are just parts of RE4 that stick out in your mind even a decade after it's release.

I remember rowing a little boat out into the middle of this foggy lake.......and then.......**** the pants.

Or being trapped inside a small cabin with the girl and that other guy when zombies are breaking down doors and your trying to barricade yourselves in....

Great times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I enjoyed Resi 4 more than Fallout 3.... I know they are different games, I just felt I needed to cause some fainting to drive home the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I thought Code Veronica was the most difficult of the series. Very long and a few of the puzzles/monsters are genuinely difficult.

I find Resi 1 easy but that's probably because I've played it numerous times.

Resi 3 (Nemesis) for some bizarre reason has only two exteme difficulty settings, easy or hard. Easy is a cake walk and hard is bloody well hard!

I have to admit that while I played it for an incalculable of hours and enjoyed then all, I don't view RE4 with the same rose tinted glasses as everyone else. I remember disappointment in my first play through with linear style, DULL puzzles and bad plot devices.

As I said about RE0 I find the teasers/trailers to be unrepresentative of the actual game. A common trend in RE I must admit.

In RE Remaster, anyone know the definite way to shake off a zombie? I'm bashing buttons but they get about 3 bites out of me. I read online you move the left stick in circles and press x, another guy said move left stick left and right and press x. Anyone know?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In RE Remaster, anyone know the definite way to shake off a zombie? I'm bashing buttons but they get about 3 bites out of me. I read online you move the left stick in circles and press x, another guy said move left stick left and right and press x. Anyone know?

Best way is to keeps grenade/dagger/tazer equipped

• Advertisement

Dino crisis remaster anyone :pac:

Right I've decided I'm gonna get this :D

Advertisement