Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre for direct to exchange news?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Theres a HTML edit to show them. A search on here should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

guil wrote: »
    Just so I know, how do you get the attainables on the hg modem?

Check this thread which explains how to get the hidden fields : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057006124

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

ED E wrote: »
    Prequal database has been updated. The new socket may have improved the line termination and thus the rating, or it might have been a bad result before.

Give them a buzz and ask them to check the attainable rates, if they're good they can bump it up to a higher profile while you're talking to them.

I called... said I should get 21/3. Restarted modem. No luck yet with speedtest. Will give it a day and see. Would be much better speeds than 7!!

Update: The old man did a speedtest in his ipad. 19.63 down, 3.06 up. Happy Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I got fibre broadband installed about a month ago with Vodafone, initially my profile was set to 18/5.

Rang them yesterday and asked if possible please bump me up to best i can get, am now on 30/8.

Happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

**** sake, my exchange (RBK1_E01) now pushed out to 'early - mid 2016', having originally being listed for Autumn 2014! ****ing joke, especially as they recently enabled another direct fed exchange close by very recently and our area (one half of a large estate) is now the only area in the vicinity without fibre - even the other half of the estate have it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They're both huawei chips so id expect them to be close. It may just be a fw glitch interpreting the values wrong. UAtten isn't really a worry unless your upstream is really crapping out.

Some exchanges appear to be allowing 70_20 and some only 50_15. Id assume that's either because of phased increases or maybe its PSD thing where cabs are in close proximity to the MDF. Are there FTTC cabs near your exchange?

ED E,

there are approx 5 cabs all spread out in all directions between 250-500 metres away.

I hope the 50/15 is temporary as I don't see ftth being rolled out in industrial areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 niuxniux8

Hi guys, wanted to ask my exchange went live on august 5, in eircom line checker it says that my address fibre enabled, but in vodafone and sky says its only up to 24 mb and i'm with sky so when i supposed to get fibre with sky? because now i can only get with eircom fibre...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

niuxniux8 wrote: »
    Hi guys, wanted to ask my exchange went live on august 5, in eircom line checker it says that my address fibre enabled, but in vodafone and sky says its only up to 24 mb and i'm with sky so when i supposed to get fibre with sky? because now i can only get with eircom fibre...

If your line is efibre enabled then all internet companies that service your house will be able to offer you fibre speeds.

Ring Sky up and ask to be switched over to the fibre bundle. You will have to start a new contract with them.

If you have a landline number enter it here to see what speeds you will probably get: http://www2.digiweb.ie/BusinessLineChecker/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6 niuxniux8

Well as i said above it only says on the eircom page that i can get it neither on vodafone or sky i can, you gave me the link and it only show's that i can get adsl 6mb, but in eircom line checker when i put my number it says great news you're house is efibre available and the max speed i can get 25 mb... so maybe i just need to be eircom customer to get efibre...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If your line is efibre enabled then all internet companies that service your house will be able to offer you fibre speeds.

Ring Sky up and ask to be switched over to the fibre bundle. You will have to start a new contract with them.

If you have a landline number enter it here to see what speeds you will probably get: http://www2.digiweb.ie/BusinessLineChecker/default.aspx

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sparky63 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

358997.png

Not really giving a good estimate of what you might get. I get a solid 30Mb down (line states 37Mb but current profile locked to 30 down) but that says 1Mb down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭guil

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    358997.png

Not really giving a good estimate of what you might get. I get a solid 30Mb down (line states 37Mb but current profile locked to 30 down) but that says 1Mb down

If you recently got fibre the prequal might not have updated yet. The fact that it says fibre isn't available suggests so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Exchange Code: Unknown

DSL Enabled: Yes - 12 MB

NGB Enabled: Yes - 12 MB

Fibre Enabled: Yes - 7 MB

LLU Enabled: No

On 15mb decent amount of noise but no real disconnect issue or packet loss.

Took a while to get eircom to clarify that 7 < 15 when they were offering efibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hopefully when fibre does get somewhere close this might improve for me
    Exchange Code: Unknown

DSL Enabled: Yes - 5 MB

NGB Enabled: Yes - 5 MB

Fibre Enabled: No

LLU Enabled: No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Cheers lads just used all the above , called Eircom , Now upgraded to 50 MB / 15MB. I think thats the first time i called Eircom and actually felt good , happy and not wound up. Huzzah for Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

dbit wrote: »
    Cheers lads just used all the above , called Eircom , Now upgraded to 50 MB / 15MB. I think thats the first time i called Eircom and actually felt good , happy and not wound up. Huzzah for Eircom.

More speed is a nice feeling 50/15 is nice from 40/10. Now we just have to wait for 70/20! My lines can definitely handle it judging by their stats. I just hope eircom don't hold us back for no good reason. Maybe Ed e is right.

Praetorian wrote: »
    More speed is a nice feeling 50/15 is nice from 40/10. Now we just have to wait for 70/20! My lines can definitely handle it judging by their stats. I just hope eircom don't hold us back for no good reason. Maybe Ed e is right.

He's always right .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I wish :pac:

What would worry me is that the regular no G.IMP no G.VECTOR bland VDSL2 rollout started with 7_1 - 70_20 out of the gate. The only reason to back pedal that I can see is the PSD/reflection noise issues raised by the Austrians.

The positive part is that COMREG said "go ahead, but we're watching you". This may allow them to scale things up slowly and until FEXT becomes too high. To do so they'd need to let people migrate first and allow the racks to fill up. Might mean we see changes in a few months.

I wish :pac:

What would worry me is that the regular no G.IMP no G.VECTOR bland VDSL2 rollout started with 7_1 - 70_20 out of the gate. The only reason to back pedal that I can see is the PSD/reflection noise issues raised by the Austrians.

The positive part is that COMREG said "go ahead, but we're watching you". This may allow them to scale things up slowly and until FEXT becomes too high. To do so they'd need to let people migrate first and allow the racks to fill up. Might mean we see changes in a few months.

In my case my overhead on the initial sync and prequal isint far off what they have given me now at 800 meters. I think i have max of 59 down and 27 up. I am very happy with 50 down and 15 up its more than i need. (I can always use more lolz)

I suspected as much that some amount of back pedaling may kick in once the complaints are rasied .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

So just had a sky person here today to install the fibre socket onto the wall my eircom service was working fine before he got here it's not fibre tho it was the regular ADSL2 now my eircom internet won't connect anymore the DSL light is flashing trying to connect then stops for a second then does it again it's in a constant loop tried the sky modem even tho that service won't be active until Wednesday that's doing the exact same thing. Checking the modem stats no DSL stats are showing up at all.. Really annoyed seems like he messed up the job of installing the Internet .

He said when he tested the socket the dial tone was coming and going which doesn't seem right and he left anyway knowing it's not working right . It was fine before he touched anything here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭TheChizler

jay93 wrote: »
    So just had a sky person here today to install the fibre socket onto the wall my eircom service was working fine before he got here it's not fibre tho it was the regular ADSL2 now my eircom internet won't connect anymore the DSL light is flashing trying to connect then stops for a second then does it again it's in a constant loop tried the sky modem even tho that service won't be active until Wednesday that's doing the exact same thing. Checking the modem stats no DSL stats are showing up at all.. Really annoyed seems like he messed up the job of installing the Internet .

He said when he tested the socket the dial tone was coming and going which doesn't seem right and he left anyway knowing it's not working right . It was fine before he touched anything here today.
    Have you transferred to Sky? Then I wouldn't expect the eircom modem to work any more without changing a few settings in it, at a minimum, and even then it's unlikely.

He has an orange cable connected to L1 on the socket and a white one going to L2 there's also a green and black wire but they are not connected to anything.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Have you transferred to Sky? Then I wouldn't expect the eircom modem to work any more without changing a few settings in it, at a minimum, and even then it's unlikely.

Not yet it's in the process it was working 100% before he came to install it, the sky modem and the old eircom one both are not reporting any DSL connection at all let alone a broadband connection I find this very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

If he's installed "fibre" (vdsl) you no longer gave regular broadband and your old eircom modem won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭TheChizler

jay93 wrote: »
    Not yet it's in the process it was working 100% before he came to install it, the sky modem and the old eircom one both are not reporting any DSL connection at all let alone a broadband connection I find this very odd
    If they've started you on the process of moving from one ISP to another and from ADSL2+ to eVDSL I wouldn't expect anything to work for a few days. I imagine your eircom account is cancelled at this stage so even if you were staying on ADSL2+ it wouldn't work as the eircom modem would be trying to connect with eircom credentials to a service no longer provided by eircom.

Seems the wires are loose on the socket when I move the socket a certain way the old eircom modem gets DSL and connects I move it a small bit it goes off :(

I can fix the wire myself I see what he did wrong with it .. Not sure if I can touch them safely or not?

Sorted it anyway by myself he didn't have a wire touching the metal contact inside the L2 connection on the socket . Thanks for the replies will let everyone know how it goes when the eVDSL gets connected :)

• Advertisement

eVDSL just went live a few minutes ago with sky I tested it on my phone seems good so far speed is just over 24Mb down and 7Mb up I'll post a test from the laptop in a few minutes.

Advertisement