Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom fibre for direct to exchange news?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

tuxy wrote: »
    I think you have it mixed up. Sync rates are in megabits but most downloads are measured in megabytes so 40 Mbit would be 5 Megabits MBytes. (realistically less because of overheads)

If you are seeing download speeds of 4.5 Mbits there is something seriously wrong.
    4.5 Mbytes is what you should expect while synced at 40 Mbits

Just a small correction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Got mine connected today. Vodafone.

DSL synchronization status:
    Up
    Connection status:
    Showtime
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
    Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    Upstream interleave depth:
    Downstream interleave depth:
    Line standard:
    VDSL
    Upstream line attenuation (dB):
    Downstream line attenuation (dB):
    Upstream output power (dBmV):
    Downstream output power (dBmV):
    None

Very happy with it. The upload is a big improvement from 0.6mb

Do you think I have room to ask them to try me on the 50/15 profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Got mine connected today. Vodafone.

Do you think I have room to ask them to try me on the 50/15 profile?

Definitely.

ED E wrote: »
    Definitely.

Cheers. I've asked them on here via Talk to Vodafone. I'll see what they say tomorrow :)

But I'm very happy with my VDSL for now. Don't know myself with a decent upload speed again :D

Btw ED E do you know where I can find what profile I'm on, on the F2000 router?

• Advertisement

Btw ED E do you know where I can find what profile I'm on, on the F2000 router?

Its obvious on the 1000, the 2000 has a bit of a dumbed down UI. It may be under maintenance-statistics (IIRC). If not you probably need to query it via telnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got the SamKnows report for the period where they upgraded from ADSL2+ to eVDSL in the family home, turns out it wasn't as big a drop in DL speeds as I claimed here previously. It definitely had been 15 Mb/s at some stage though.

r0BZJiyBaLrdtxV0RO3pOSN8kYmw8RwHkKI7ruwpYV7EB4C_7ykUc0X87NSpJYcZRIqeeslY=w1896-h859-rw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_x0Ku62S0SJRW5Id3FOR0N4bUk/view?usp=sharing

You can really see where it kicked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just got installed. What max do ye reckon I can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Looks like your maxed out at what you can get I'd say 20Mb/s at the most .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Its obvious on the 1000, the 2000 has a bit of a dumbed down UI. It may be under maintenance-statistics (IIRC). If not you probably need to query it via telnet.

Plugged mine in yesterday can see that it reports max down as possible 56 MB and up
    @ 24MB . ??

Cannot for the life of me sniff out the Profile , Any one know the telnet queries for it ? Do Ericom allow us telnet the device ? as in not password protected ?.

OR are people flashing it back to stock to get the telnet availability ?

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Just got installed. What max do ye reckon I can get?
    jay93 wrote: »
    Looks like your maxed out at what you can get I'd say 20Mb/s at the most .

Thats 18_5, I think it could just make 25_7, 8dB is a fair bit to play with.

Thats 18_5, I think it could just make 25_7, 8dB is a fair bit to play with.

Dunno what's going on. According to Vodafone support its not fully activated yet on their side but when he prequal the line id he said its giving 70mb. He's ringing me back tomorrow.

{"ccb":"E01","eee":"CUR","xbc":false,"xec":false,"xfc":false,"xrc":false,"inga":true,"ingb":true,"maxHSI":"70M_20M_R","maxNGB":"17M_768K_RH",
    "maxNRA":"50M_16M_FR","maxHSIServiceCode":"FCBPS","maxNGBServiceCode":"BMBS24M","maxNRAServiceCode":"FCBPS","phone":"8881-xxxxxxx","validationType":"phone","completed":true,"partialAddresses":[],"isRedCustomer":false,"ina":false}
    C:\Users\>

looking good.

Its either a wrong prequal or they botched the install.

Engineer reckoned I was about 800-1000 metres

guil wrote: »
    Engineer reckoned I was about 800-1000 metres

Attenuation says 1600m. Either way not getting 70 I'm afraid.

Definitely.

Denied :/

"Originally posted by Vodafone: Sheena
    Thanks for the update MiskyBoyy. I can confirm that your profile is set to the highest setting possible for your line,

Regards"

My stats today.

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
    Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
    Upstream interleave depth:
    Line standard:
    VDSL
    Upstream line attenuation (dB):
    Downstream line attenuation (dB):
    Upstream output power (dBmV):
    Downstream output power (dBmV):

Ah well. 40/10 I'm happy with for now :)

Ah well. 40/10 I'm happy with for now :)

Thats the prequalling system. Wait a month and see if it revises upwards.

Thats the prequalling system. Wait a month and see if it revises upwards.

So what do I do. Ask Vodafone again in a month to re-prequal me or how do I put it?

Or should it auto up itself to a higher speed?

So what do I do. Ask Vodafone again in a month to re-prequal me or how do I put it?

Or should it auto up itself to a higher speed?

Put your phone number (or CRN) into the eircom website in a month and see if the rating changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Right... scratching my head here...

My parents line was recently enabled for efibre (direct fed). At the time (2 weeks ago), the line checker said they would get 7mbs... not great but whatever - hoped for better upload speeds than before...
    They got about 6.7 up and 0.9 down.

I checked last night on the eircom website... line checker now says up to 25mb.... vodafone site says up to 100mb on that line. How/What has changed?

I called the old man, he just ran a speedtest, still 6.65 down and 0.93 up!?

I was very disappointed with 7mb, but if 25 is true, id be laughing! Its in Carrigaline, Cork where the 1000mb work is going ahead. Whats the deal with the change on line checker? Eircom not responded to tweets.

kaerobe wrote: »

My parents line was recently enabled for efibre (direct fed). At the time (2 weeks ago), the line checker said they would get 7mbs... not great but whatever - hoped for better upload speeds than before...
    They got about 6.7 up and 0.9 down.

I found this to be the most accurate. It told me I'd get 40mb when fibre went live and that's what I got.

http://www2.digiweb.ie/BusinessLineChecker/default.aspx just enter the landline number like this 051-123456

kaerobe wrote: »
    I checked last night on the eircom website... line checker now says up to 25mb.... vodafone site says up to 100mb on that line. How/What has changed?

Prequal database has been updated. The new socket may have improved the line termination and thus the rating, or it might have been a bad result before.

Give them a buzz and ask them to check the attainable rates, if they're good they can bump it up to a higher profile while you're talking to them.

Any idea why my Upstream Line Attenuation is so much higher when using the F2000 over the HG568c? 8db vs 37db or so.

Downstream stays about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Just some info guys, I got both of our exchange fed vdsl lines upgraded from 40x10 to 50x15, this is still the highest setting eircom are allowing, even though the lines appear to have attainables of 70+ now with 20+ up.

It's a decent improvement, but not where I had hoped to be. (50 x 20 would even be fine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Praetorian wrote: »
    Just some info guys, I got both of our exchange fed vdsl lines upgraded from 40x10 to 50x15, this is still the highest setting eircom are allowing, even though the lines appear to have attainables of 70+ now with 20+ up.

It's a decent improvement, but not where I had hoped to be. (50 x 20 would even be fine)

Ill give them a bell soon as the exchange only went live on the 15th of june in my case i would need to wait a bit longer for uptake i would say.

Any idea why my Upstream Line Attenuation is so much higher when using the F2000 over the HG568c? 8db vs 37db or so.

Downstream stays about the same.

They're both huawei chips so id expect them to be close. It may just be a fw glitch interpreting the values wrong. UAtten isn't really a worry unless your upstream is really crapping out.
    Praetorian wrote: »

Some exchanges appear to be allowing 70_20 and some only 50_15. Id assume that's either because of phased increases or maybe its PSD thing where cabs are in close proximity to the MDF. Are there FTTC cabs near your exchange?

My prequal went from 18_5 to 30_8 within 2 days of getting connected. I'm on 30_8 since Saturday and it has been ok with no disconnects.

What are the signs of a profile set too high?

SNR below 10dB usually isnt advisable. High error rates, lost carriers (90second disconnect). If you arent seeing performance issues then you're probably just dandy.

• Advertisement

Just so I know, how do you get the attainables on the hg modem?

Advertisement