Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I definitely wouldn't bother with the follow on or growing up milk, it was invented purely as a marketing tool. I also feel the hype about iron is mostly the formula companies too and their ridiculous ads with the huge beaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I switched to the follow on milk. With my son I switched to whole fat cow's milk but we spoon-fed him so I could tell what & how much he ate. We did baby led weaning this time around so I can't always be sure of what & how much she eats but by giving her 5ozs in the morning & 7ozs at bedtime of the following on milk it gives me peace of mind that she is getting all she needs while still exploring solids.
    The following milk is €13 & lasts me 2 weeks so it doesn't break the bank either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

First steps by himself this weekend! Along with multiple falls and whacking his head off things, such a difficult stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Wow spotty and baby4 - busy weekends! Almost fully on cows milk here, a new word but no walking.

Oh and night terrors :(

Ah God night terrors at this age seem so mean :o

Our holiday was a disaster - baby hated being away from her little bubble and was miserable almost the entire time. She chuckled with delight when we got home and she saw our front door!

It really is mad! She's in a leap too so guessing that didn't help. There were loads of other babies older and younger happily sleeping in buggies while parents had a drink etc... Not a hope for us!

• Advertisement

Oh no angeldelight! Our holiday was fantastic, sorry! He was a pro on the flights like he's at this landing and take off stuff all the time, didn't bat an eye. Carrier was brilliant to have in the airports and on day trips.

He slept better there than he ever has here, only waking once or twice in 12 hours at night (lets move now!) and two naps a day. Tried so many new foods, loved the pool, we could've stayed another week it was so relaxing. The only difficulty was with him being too heavy for most of their high chairs, odd for a family friendly location. We ate lunch while he slept in the buggy but dinner usually involved a bit of wandering outside in between courses!

Sounds idyllic spotty! Funnily enough flights were brilliant, she slept the whole way there and back it was everything in between lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Spotty where did ye go if you don't mind me asking? We're looking at child friendly holidays and considering abroad while he still goes free!

Alvor in Portugal. One hour taxi drive from the airport but sooo worth it. We were there just at the very early beginning of the season so it was very peaceful and is a beautiful spot, later in the season would obviously be warmer but busier. It was 19-23 degrees so it was perfect.

Oh no :( went through that too recently but has calmed down again - slept straight through two nights on a row but dropping the second nap unfortunately.

Otherwise how is everyone? Not walking yet (cruising like a pro and stood unaided twice) and a master of the stairs - if I forget to close the baby gate they are gone!!!

A few words, but no mamma yet (Grrr) but saying dadda for daddy!

We went through a leap there a few weeks ago, she was an absolute nightmare at the time, sleep wasn't effected thankfully bit was soooooo clingy during the day.
    She's getting back to herself now & has been standing & walking while holding onto something or someone.
    Word wise she has mam, dada, baba & all gone. She'll also point at things & say 'lookit' :)

Our boy is walking holding onto things and short distances unaided, still trying to master crawling! No words, noises for thanks and hello but only we would know them ha. Sleep is still crap, has never really improved much. Only goes to sleep between 9-11pm, never earlier, and wakes every 2-3hrs on a good night, 30-60 mins on a bad one. One long nap at midday, that's it.

It's a good thing he's adorable! And good humoured....most of the time!

• Advertisement

Glad you got some sleep Baby4!

We've been struck down with the Chicken Pox:eek:

Oh no Ms2011! :( Hope it doesn't last too long/isnt too horrible...

My son had them 2 weeks ago but the baby seemed fine, was only commenting to one of the mammies at the school this morning that I couldn't believe she'd escaped them. Then in the bath earlier I saw a couple of spots, then apply her cream afterwards found loads more.
    My son got alot of spots but wasn't too out of sort, hopefully she'll be the same.

The whinging. The constant whinging. And crying, wailing. But nothing comforts him and he just bats me away in temper, but freaks out if I move a few inches away. Having a very "I am never having another child" day. Would kill to be able to go for carefree bank holiday dinner and drinks with my husband.

Oh you poor thing :( hopefully it passes soon.

Today was my lie in morning....baby woke beforebsixband cried downstairs until the 3 yr old woke (also before six) who came and sat on me until I got up!!!

• Advertisement

Today is a better day :D We went out for a while last night, I was working this morning and when I'm finished we're heading to a barbecue with family, so I'm getting a break from him today, he's entertained so he's happy!

Advertisement