Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Oh poor baby :( ours is the opposite of lazy! Doesn't stop running, climbing etc even when wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ours sleeps in our bed and is thankfully very good at getting down off it so no head bumps, he doesn't tend to try and climb the headboard in his sleep though :/ His sleep is still awful but we're mostly used to it now!

Poor pet having chicken pox angeldelight, our guy dodged it at creche thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    Our little one isn't climbing out of her cot yet, we actually still have her in a Grobag so she can't get far!

Oh they are in one but can open the buttons and zip 😂 And then climbs out!! Not many words yet but I am sure they will come

• Advertisement

The only part of getting undressed he hasn't mastered yet is taking tops off. Pants, nappies, coats all come off!

bp our guy can't undress himself at all! Hates doing it, it's an absolute battle to get tops and vests onto him. I dream of zip up onesies every day!

Loves the natural look! I swear he is naked more often than dressed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

No cot escaping here yet, she is stiĺl limited by her gro bag.
    She has loads of words & some short sentences. She can take off her coat once it has a zip but that's as far as she's got with undressing. She just had her 2 year developmental check & all was good.
    Moving house in a few months & kind of dreading the upheaval for the kids especially herself, hoping she'll settle ok.

• Advertisement

Got to witness the grow bag removal and cot escape attempt first hand...opens the poppers and shimmies/ hops down the cot to get out of the bag and then throws a leg over the side - obviously intervened at that stage of the process but entertaining to see with the brighter evening

Very hard day today. One of those days when wonder what you did to deserve this!

Both me & hubby have the Flu, and 2 yr old has it too. He's on the couch repeatedly telling me how sick he is, while I'm tending to a very clingy, whingeing 2 year old. It's raining out so we can't go anywhere even if we wanted to. Add to that- a power failure so the TV and WIFI have decided to pack it in.. FML!!!

:( I hope you feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Very hard day today. One of those days when wonder what you did to deserve this!

Both me & hubby have the Flu, and 2 yr old has it too. He's on the couch repeatedly telling me how sick he is, while I'm tending to a very clingy, whingeing 2 year old. It's raining out so we can't go anywhere even if we wanted to. Add to that- a power failure so the TV and WIFI have decided to pack it in.. FML!!!

Oh you have all my sympathies :( hope some of you are feeling better tomorrow!

How are all the toddlers? Definitely not babies any more!

Ours is driving me absolutely insane today, refused her nap and was a nightmare last night so we're both wrecked and cranky - good combination!

Starting to get really into Disney movies... Frozen is the absolute favourite but Toy Story and athe Little Mermaid are big hits too. Tantrums galore but most of the don't last too long thankfully

I wish mine would watch any cartoons or movies, he won't watch anything for more than ten minutes. I love Disney!

Doing good here these days other than with sleep, but that's not new. Never stops eating, bottomless pit. He has loads of words and since getting so many he's like a different child, happier, more chilled, goes to sleep easier, better behaved all round, most of the time! Hopefully he'll cope well with his new sibling in a few months :)

I wish mine would watch any cartoons or movies, he won't watch anything for more than ten minutes. I love Disney!

Doing good here these days other than with sleep, but that's not new. Never stops eating, bottomless pit. He has loads of words and since getting so many he's like a different child, happier, more chilled, goes to sleep easier, better behaved all round, most of the time! Hopefully he'll cope well with his new sibling in a few months :)

The one thing I wish mine would do on her own is play for a little while - I would love to be able to open back door and let her play in garden while I cook dinner or something but she's attached to my leg drives me crazy!

Congrats spotty, when are you due? I hope things go smoother at the end this time round

Oh yep my guy's the same, won't play alone although he's slightly better again since he got lots of words. Some of my friends toddlers would run free if the door was open, mine will only recently pop outside with the dog but will be back beside me in a few minutes!

Thanks, due in November, really hoping it all goes better this time too.

Don't talk to me about tantrums, my little 'angel threw one of her epic fits earlier because she was brought in for her nap. I'd to lock the front door to stop her defiantly trying to go back out all while doing her best banshee impression :eek:
    Her speech is excellent though, you can have a proper conversation with her now.
    We're moving house in the next few weeks, hoping it doesn't unsettle my two too much.

Speech improving here but tantrums not too bad (thankfully!).

Congrats spotty, the fun will begin in November!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

We had number 2 in April on the exact day my son was born! It's been challenging. Trying to feed my daughter myself which is difficult with a two and a bit year old but we're doing it. He was a bit off the first few weeks which broke my heart and hormones didn't help. But he's much better now and plays a bit more on his own. It's lovely to watch him talking as he's playing. He's very good at talking....sometimes too much especially when she's asleep! "She's asleep!!!" Loudly in her ear "She's awake!!!!"........I wonder why?! When I had my son I didn't cry when he was born and thought there was something wrong with me, when she arrived I bawled. I think I was a bit in shock on the first. Really enjoying bonding with her but find myself a bit more isolated this time around, try to get out and about doing things. I'm also a lot more confident feeding her when I'm out, I don't care what people think know whereas on my son I'd be running for the car and home. Hope everyone is well and congrats Spotty!

Congrats Leinster! I'm hoping my son being just over 2.5 when the new one comes will make it some bit easier than if he was younger, probably kidding myself :) But he has gotten so much easier the last couple of months so I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Congrats Leinster! I'm hoping my son being just over 2.5 when the new one comes will make it some bit easier than if he was younger, probably kidding myself :) But he has gotten so much easier the last couple of months so I'm hopeful.

I'm sure you'll be grand. We still have the few tantrums but for the most part things are going well *touches wood

The tantrums are head wrecking aren't they. Sometimes they're funny though, little angry heads on them! Our munchkin is on an antibiotic for a snotty nose/chesty cough that just wouldn't clear on its own. Hopefully she'll be back to her usual cherry self when it kicks in.

How are naps going? O won't nap for us and is in bed for the night by six cause she's miserable and can't cope but will nap on creche and then is awake until 9! No middle ground

Our guy still naps most days but also still wakes every 1-3 hours, worse this week because he has a runny nose and is waking ever hour and staying awake, I'm exhausted!

My daughter is a muck lover too & v.hard on clothes. My son's clothes can be passed on to friends & family when he's out grown them, my daughter's are only fit for the bin :p

Still doing an hour & half nap here ( actually asks for them) & is in bed for seven but she was always a marathon sleeper :)

Ms2011 I am so jealous! Bedtime is usually 8.30-9 here and then he wakes after an hour-ish and so on through the night. Up at 7.30/8. No nap today so he should sleep by 8 tonight...hopefully.

Her sleeping is great but the naps can be a bit restricting because she will only sleep in her cot which means I am homebound between 2-3:30 everyday. My son is starting primary school in September & will be finished school at 2 so I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do there with her nap as there is no sign of her dropping it as of yet & she's like a bag of cats without it.

• Advertisement

That is a problem alright. My guy is very flexible, if he sleeps in the car for twenty minutes he'll be the same as if he naps for 2 hours in his cot, so that is a handy aspect to his crazy sleep routines (or lack of!).

Advertisement