Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Made the mistake of praising herself for putting something in the bin, now EVERYTHING goings in the bin.
    So far this week we've 'lost' 2 bowls, a sippy cup & 5 soothers:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I found the baby/newborn stage to be as I imagined, mostly not too bad. I didn't realise the horror of 16+ months stage, I thought I just had to brace myself for terrible twos. The hitting, piercing screeching, kicking, just the general horror, it's awful. Doesn't want me to touch/lift/move him but then clambers all over me whinging. Fml.

We're the same here. We're dressing her up as a devil for Halloween & never did a costume suit a child more :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Because we're learning words we need to be careful so instead of using the occasional 'little bastard' we just call him John Snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

oh we don't have this yet!! Not looking forward to it though. O is a chatterbox - so so many words, I get such a laugh out of her everyday

Enjoy the peace angeldelight!! He has a few words now, lots of babble that we understand but sounds like rubbish to others still :) He says daddy's name, Mommy, our dog's name and, his favourite, NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Some words here, slightly below average but understands a lot. If I mention needing shoes for a walk my shoes appear and he climbs into the buggy. Absolutely mad for climbing, running, trying to jump etc. Loves to walk backwards. Our main issue is food, has stopped eating lunch and dinner and only wants snacks (e.g rice cakes). Make dinner every night - tried different foods (used to love), times, textures, locations no luck. Happy, sleeping, moving etc so we know he is fine but just won't eat! Constantly getting teeth so we think that is it - 13 teeth I think - an eye tooth is coming.

Some tantrums (screaming for 30 minutes) and nothing will satisfy him!

Some words here, slightly below average but understands a lot. If I mention needing shoes for a walk my shoes appear and he climbs into the buggy. Absolutely mad for climbing, running, trying to jump etc. Loves to walk backwards. Our main issue is food, has stopped eating lunch and dinner and only wants snacks (e.g rice cakes). Make dinner every night - tried different foods (used to love), times, textures, locations no luck. Happy, sleeping, moving etc so we know he is fine but just won't eat! Constantly getting teeth so we think that is it - 13 teeth I think - an eye tooth is coming.

• Advertisement

I was a bit worried about her speech at about 17 months as she just had the usual mama dada stuff but once she turned 18 months she began picking up words almost daily. Her brother was so advanced with his speech that using him as a yard stick is a little unfair to her & had me worrying unduly.
    She is shoe MAD, loves them, would sit all day trying them on:D
    She is a good eater overall as in I can get alot of healthy things into her but she's more of a grazer rather than one to sit down to one big meal which can be a bit of a struggle at dinner time but I just try to focus on what she does eat rather than what she doesn't. She's a stubborn little so & so so there's no hope of getting her to do anything she doesn't want to:D

Wahoo one day of no temper tantrum yesterday and so far so good today....two days in a row, I don't knew myself!

Struggling here the last few weeks. Have hit a wall with exhaustion from over a year and a half of hugely broken sleep, and work stress, and the unbelievably difficult toddler stage of hitting, screaming, generally hating everything I try to do with/for him. Have no family support as inlaws have just decided to pass remarks on how badly he sleeps, I've come to stay at my parents house for a while to have help during the day because I'm so rundown. I had no idea this would be so much more difficult than the newborn stage and I feel really stupid saying that.

I know how you feel. We had a really tough few weeks. The tantrums etc. Friday night he wanted to go outside after my brother and I picked him up to stop him. Got a slap to the face and grabbed a clump of hair. The hair grab really bloody hurt! He has a tooth breaking through, one of the back ones. Its very very tough. I got a few hours break yesterday to watch my husband run the marathon and we went for a bite to eat after. Came home a but more recharged and he's actually in very good form today. Maybe the break did is all good. Its difficult when it happens around other people, my inlaws laugh at him which doesn't help especially if he's hurting me. Hopefully it'll all pass. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I seriously worry about how I'll handle him if the continues along with a newborn.

Struggling here the last few weeks. Have hit a wall with exhaustion from over a year and a half of hugely broken sleep, and work stress, and the unbelievably difficult toddler stage of hitting, screaming, generally hating everything I try to do with/for him. Have no family support as inlaws have just decided to pass remarks on how badly he sleeps, I've come to stay at my parents house for a while to have help during the day because I'm so rundown. I had no idea this would be so much more difficult than the newborn stage and I feel really stupid saying that.

Leinster it's so tough isn't it. If it's just me and him at home he just whinge at shrieks at me unless I entertain him constantly but I don't even know what to do half the time. We were all for planning another baby next year but right now I can't even make it through the day without help never mind think of coping with another pregnancy or two children. Feel like I'm failing at everything, I'm a grown up, I should be able to do this :(

Ah spotty you're not failing! Toddlers are hard work! Our little lady is quite laid back and I get my sleep but even with that there are days where I am tearing my hair out. Would you consider some gentle night weaning/sleep training? There's a reason lack of sleep can be a form of torture, especially over a prolonged period! In laws are just a delight aren't they...

I don't know where to start again trying sorting sleep, we've tried lots, nothing has worked because he wakes hysterical so can never just be calmed back to sleep. He wakes just as much if I'm not there, doesn't want to feed most of the time when he wakes, and I just don't have an ounce of energy left to try staying up with him kicking me, roaring at me etc if I did refuse to feed him on the occasions that it is the only thing that can calm him.

It sounds so hard, wish I had some suggestions for you. It's definitely harder now trying to get them to do anything they don't want to than when they were smaller

Ah spotty that is tough. We needed a sleep consultant to help with ours (a gentle approach) and thankfully worked.

You are doing a great job but they are hard work. If he in crèche at all? Even to give you a break? Never ending sickness (just colds, teeth etc) making us all miserable

He'll be starting creche in a few weeks when a spot becomes available, just for one morning a week.

• Advertisement

He'll be starting creche in a few weeks when a spot becomes available, just for one morning a week.

At least you will get a morning to yourself. It is so tough.

We all seem to be having similar experiences which kind of makes me feel a teeney tiny bit better. Must be the stage they're all going through! I've had wrestling matches with the buggy and car seat.

Baby4 wrote: »
    I'm having a tough time with my little devil too. She won't comply with anything and never seems content. Squealing incessantly, tantrums over nothing, HATES having her nappy changed, HATES being strapped in the car or her buggy. Won't eat her normal foods, so instead, she's picking at food all throughout the day, but isn't eating what I'd like her to eat, and you never know when she's tantrumming because she's hungry, or just for the sake of it.

Add in a runny nose, and a tooth coming, and I'm tearing my hair out!!

In one way it's good to hear others are the same but at the same time you're all coping fine and I'm a mess.

The car seat is a massive battle ground for us, she doesn't mind getting in or putting her straps on but as soon as you tighten them holy blue murder breaks out in the car to the point I've had to turn up the radio on occasions just to drown her out, it makes going anywhere in the car with her miserable. There's no appeasing or distracting her when she gets like that, you could hand her a bags of sweets & she'd still fire them back at you when she's in that mood :(
    On the positive side though she was so adorable on Halloween, insisted on carrying her own bag around the doors trick or treating & melted everyone's heart with her 'ta ta' & 'bye' when she was leaving. If only they knew her....!!!:D

Ah Spotty, i've been in tears a number of times and exhausted with the fighting! It is tough going and it is extremely difficult when you're trying to do everything but if some things need to slide just let them go and do whatever you need to get you by. Pick your battles. My house has been a mess and dinners haven't been the best sometimes but hopefully it'll all pass x

In one way it's good to hear others are the same but at the same time you're all coping fine and I'm a mess.

Spotty I amnt coping some days believe me. I now take a night off each week and if I miss it I am in a horrible mood for the rest of the week. I need my break from the children as them being in bed isn't a break as you are still listening for them or even being alone in the house I find I am listening for the key in the door and cannot relax - plus end up doing house work etc.

How is everyone and their almost 2 year old? Anyone else's climbing head first from their cot? Don't want to move to a big bed yet but may have no choice. Little one wrecked now from no nap and probably has a sore head from the bump. Luckily there were teddies etc on the ground

• Advertisement

Isn't it mad how they're nearly two :o we haven't had that experience thankfully, ours is too lazy for that - she doesn't even stand up in her cot in the morning, just lies there calling us haha. She's just getting over chicken pox, poor thing had a bad case of it - I'm raging with myself as I put the vaccination on the long finger

Advertisement