Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Glad to hear it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Oh no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Baby4 wrote: »

Oh poor baba, Chicken Pox is bad but I believe Measles is worse :(
    Plenty of tlc x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Measles has hit our house. Poor baby has it all over her.

Oh no!! Poor baby - ridiculous that measles is still a thing these days but that's a whole other rant! Hope she's ok

• Advertisement

Ah that's lovely! My little girl has learned to nod so if you ask her a question she nods and says yeah, it's very funny.

How are the babies doing for naps? I think we're going to have to move her to one nap - she's only just 13.5 months so it seems young but the last two nights it's been 12.30 and 1.30 am before she's fallen asleep!

One nap here. He is wrecked by 4pm but awake until 10 if takes a second nap.

Have a few words also, but prefers shouting and pointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

1-3 naps here depending on a lot of things. Usually naps 12-2pm and then is solidly awake until 10-11pm, then has to be cuddled/held onto the bed to go to sleep, he'd just keep going. Still wakes every 1-3 hours, then up anywhere between 7&9am, a few days ago it was 11am! No pattern to him at all, would love to know what goes on in his head.

No words, lots of sounds and he understands so much, it's fascinating. Walking and crawling great, teething again, and just learning so much. It's a very fun but difficult stage!

• Advertisement

Oh thank God it's not just me, the tantrums lately are shocking :eek:

Yes, yes & yes, my little madam has a meltdown for all of the above.
    Bedtime is a nightmare because she hates getting into her pjs. She is currently in her travel cot in the sitting room having a meltdown because for some unknown reason the banana she pointed out & wanted up until I peeled it turned out not to be what she actually wanted....very frustrating :confused:

Exhausting isn't the word! We've just recently stopped letting her have a second nap as bedtime was taking hours and it's now a very long day! Everything is screech and whine, my heads going to explode

We change nappies standing up here, easier this way!

Not much talking yet because too busy annoying sister etc! The jealousy is unreal....no one else is allowed near me, which is exhausting constantly breaking up fights between the two

Some of these are very funny :) I would've said we have small tantrums here but they're nothing compared to what ye described, just a bit of screeching when he doesn't want to do something. Started properly walking this weekend, can't wait for some words.

I don't know how he keeps going from 1/2pm until 10.30/11pm, I could do with going to bed by 8 and he's still staggering around yapping, with his best bud the dog or just generally wrecking things!

And weeee'rrree walking...!!!!:)

Yay!! My little miss is still crawling everywhere

• Advertisement

I feel like she went from nothing to walking in the blink of an eye, she wasn't even pulling herself up on furniture 2 months ago.
    Happy & sad at the same time, my baby is slowly slipping away & a toddler is barging their way in :D

It's crazy how fast it happens. Our guy is walking since May but only enough to get a toy etc. Last week he bolted in Tesco, I was unprepared! All of a sudden he's not a baby he's a boy. A non sleeping Velcro boy :)

We are walking here too - 10 steps is the most taken from one parent to another, absolutely chuffed with himself :)

Anyone else having meltdowns??? My little guy throws everything in a temper....I know they say cut if off now and lay down rules to stop the terrible twos but no idea how to for a very strong and forceful 16 month old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

bp wrote: »
    Anyone else having meltdowns??? My little guy throws everything in a temper....I know they say cut if off now and lay down rules to stop the terrible twos but no idea how to for a very strong and forceful 16 month old!

Same happening here with my 14 month old. Really thought this wouldn't happen till he was about two. Any tips to stop it or reduce it would be great

We have a walker here now too - my nerves are shot with her! Also melt downs... I tend to come down to her level, say no then remove her from the area. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't! Most of the time she thinks it's hilarious

I'm finding alot of our meltdowns at the moment are due to her frustrations at not being able to verbalise what she wants.
    I'm hoping as she get more able to speak the meltdowns will lessen.

We're not having too many meltdowns so far thank God, he just stamps his feet and whinges which is just looks like a silly dance :D

He's definitely an animal lover, he's so gentle with our kitten and adores meeting dogs. Our own 8 year old dog absolutely loves him and they are so cute together, he lies on her and chats to her :) This is a very fun but tiring stage!

• Advertisement

Oh baby4 you poor thing

Advertisement